New Old Cherry

...these days its a different ball game on that score...and we are more entitled to expect 100% effort from the players due to the vast inflated wage, sums of Money they get.
There will always be football mercenaries, with a limited playing career that's a given.
But we all know players who gave everything for the team, seemingly beyond for their wage packet.
Looking at football today who are those players?

There will always be football mercenaries, with a limited playing career that's a given.
But we all know players who gave everything for the team, seemingly beyond for their wage packet.
Looking at football today who are those players?
Yep agree....I guess we need to be careful how we (I) generalise.
Boscombe have had plenty of selfless, game first types, like Pugh, over the decades....

Yep agree....I guess we need to be careful how we (I) generalise.
Boscombe have had plenty of selfless, game first types, like Pugh, over the decades....

This is the same Marc Pugh who wanted to leave when there had been a mass exodus, didn’t want to sign a new contract but ended up staying because nobody bid for him?

It ended up being the best thing that ever happened to both him and the club but let’s not re-write history.

Brian has his own thread now so DJ can move any posts about himself to this thread. That's a solution for everyone. Those who want to read sweary, ranty posts about the good 'ol days and forum elites will have one place to see it all.

The thread has your name on it Brian, or did the powers that be create this thread for you and move your first post over here ?
If they created the thread for you, why didn't I get one too ?
Way to make me feel left out DJ !
They created it because of the general fedupness of me handgrenading virtually every thread.
I'm going to take a few breaks here and there over the season, to help out.

They created it because of the general fedupness of me handgrenading virtually every thread.
I'm going to take a few breaks here and there over the season, to help out.
The next time you take the pin out of one of your hand grenades, please would you be so kind as to keep hold of it rather than sending it over to us:)

Elitism : It's a badass thing don't you know.

( it even happens lower down the pyramid...in the depths of non - league )

But .. the very worst of Elitism. is away from Football ..much of it comes out of the USA....and of course Russia.
And spreads to people like Netanyahu in Israel..who reaps what he sows....and then sows again.

It just doesn't seem to be worth the effort, he gets sussed out in about 10 minutes.
Brian gets banned every 10 minutes and just comes back as NOC.
And ..ive got no shame or regrets.....not for merely inciting responses...I put stuff out there to gauge opinions to the contrary...to try and get the chronic shyness out of our predominantly insipid Southern crowd..to steer people toward a football town mentality....such as ive experienced in my port visits back along to the Sunderland and Newcastle area where you pick up the football vibes in every cafe, pub, shop...on every street corner, park and pavement....and similarly in some parts of Scotland.

No surrender !

What happened to the other member of the fun boy 3 ? R&R or whatever he called himself. Is he back with the Echo ?
If you deduct those 3 'fun boys' from the total Forum support...does that suggest there is no 'fun' among the remainder......little humour or f√cking diversity.... I want to refrain from being severe in my assessment and thankfully there appears to be a massive improvement in the humour stakes....but I think folk would benefit in their own constitution if they could see that people like Waz and R&R have some viable and valuable contribution...they DO attach themselves to Boscombe as opposed to Man f√cking Chester Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea like swathes of the BH population. And many truths do exist within in their material !
The Southern fan needs to be far more broad- minded and embracing...to be taken seriously in this World of Football. And more Aggressive.
I picked up on this deficiency when only 11 years old behind the goal at the South End....comparing our overall crowd noise to that of small groups of midlanders from Walsall and Coventry... ...northerners from Grimsby and Nottingham etcetera.

.It peeves me to f√ck !
Ignore it if you wish but im confident in my convictions over 60 years .

;