Non - Boris Johnson

Herd instinct ? Mmm that's about right regarding his awful Party....
...not unlike the Forum herd instinct with regard to reactions to certain posters !

Not convinced it will go down well on here... But I actually think it's quite sad that Boris' tenure is coming to an end like this... For me (and I appreciate he is not everyone's bag) he hasn't done a bad job of dealing with Trump and China, Brexit, Covid and now the Ukraine... The alternative would have done a lot worse a job...

His undoing has been partygate... However, the media have been like a dog with a bone with Boris, and sadly he has made it all too easy for them...

I do think for the good of everything and everyone, he needs to resign to simply put this debacle to bed and we can all move on... But, I would have rather seen his time in Parliament come to a natural end as opposed to being forced out...

:throw:
Balls to that. All those lies. All those lives lost in care homes whilst we 'took it on the chin'. All those parties. All that money donated via 'fast-track' applications.

I must have missed his contrition in that speech. So fvck him.

Sensitive much?

One thing that's guaranteed to give someone the benefit of the doubt is having an ideologue slap a label on them.

Sensitive? Says the guy who posts about my posts. I couldnt care less your views unless you are talking about me. You jump in with...

"I think he got a pull-out chart of what glib labels you can use for any Tory leadership hopeful from his copy "

While knowing nothing about the guy you think I've made a glib comment about. Quite hilarious and obvious that I could have called the sky blue and you would have jumped in to suggest otherwise. Maybe next time you understand the conversation subject before making yourself you silly. When the candidates step up I will happily give my honest opinion of them. I just hope I dont upset your sensitivities too much next time.

Sensitive? Says the guy who posts about my posts. IO couldnt care less your views unless you are talking about me. You jump in with...

"I think he got a pull-out chart of what glib labels you can use for any Tory leadership hopeful from his copy "

While knowing nothing about the guy you think I've made a glib comment about. Quite hilarious and obvious that I could have called the sky blue and you would have jumped in to suggest otherwise. Maybe next time you understand the conversation subject before making yourself you silly. When the candidates step up I will happily give my honest opinion of them. I just hope I dont upset your sensitivities too much next time.

Blimme you're really spiralling now...

I think he's a clown therefore 'by definition' I agree with Boris Johnson? What sort of crackpot logic is that?

I think he's a clown because he says stuff like this..

The world order of tomorrow is not a world order based on nation states or countries. It’s a world order that is based on empires.

China is not a nation; it’s a civilization.

India, you know it better than I do, is not a nation. There are 2,000 nations in India. There are 20 different languages that are used there. There are four big religions at the same time, and its 2011 census recorded five regions with more than five million inhabitants.It is the biggest democracy worldwide.

The U.S. is also an empire, more than a nation. Maybe tomorrow they will speak more Spanish than English; I don’t know what will happen.

And then finally, the Russian Federation.

The world of tomorrow is a world of empires, in which we Europeans and you British can only defend your interests, your way of life, by doing it together in a European framework and a European Union.

I fundamentally disagree with his push for a European Empire and a forced common European Identity. Europe's strength is it's diversity and trying to force a common identity is a recipe for disaster. They have tried to do this on a smaller scale in Europe previously and it does not work.
Ah so thats why you voted
I first read that as EDL and thought, yeah, they kind of have.
Did you?

Not convinced it will go down well on here... But I actually think it's quite sad that Boris' tenure is coming to an end like this... For me (and I appreciate he is not everyone's bag) he hasn't done a bad job of dealing with Trump and China, Brexit, Covid and now the Ukraine... The alternative would have done a lot worse a job...

His undoing has been partygate... However, the media have been like a dog with a bone with Boris, and sadly he has made it all too easy for them...

I do think for the good of everything and everyone, he needs to resign to simply put this debacle to bed and we can all move on... But, I would have rather seen his time in Parliament come to a natural end as opposed to being forced out...

Can't say I like the guy or even think he did a great job but agree the alternative would've done worse and the Tories needed someone a bit slippery and Teflon because a straight politician like May was never going to cut it.

He's kind of served his usefulness and people are overwhelmingly fed up with his antics so it's an almost perfect time to get rid. The alternative is him carrying on like he does and getting hammered in a General Election

Have to disagree, I'm afraid.

Boris Johnson did nothing that didn't benefit Boris Johnson.

He got lucky with the Covid vaccine. He had one plan. There was no plan B if it didn't work .

And got an AWFUL lot badly wrong. Undermined the whole thing allowing Cummings to get away with it because he knew Cummings would expose him for the clueless idiot he was. For a government that was "working tirelessly day and night" on Covid, there was a shocking lack of detail. On care, on furlough deals, on covid grants, on the self employment grants... Just one size fits all "solutions" that left millions with nothing and hundreds of thousands more left to exploit the system and defraud the government.

We had NI increases this year which will claw back £10bn a year. That's only a QUARTER of the money wasted on Test and Trace ALONE. And that's before you talk about PPE, covid-related contracts to companies who couldn't deliver anything, the millions they're still wasting on medical facilities that were supposed to manufacture vaccines and haven't made a single thing yet...

The Ukraine thing is the most blatant PR stunt I've ever seen.

I don't know what's been worse these last months/years: the fact that people have seen all this and thought either a) yeah all that abhorrent behaviour is fine and carry on Boris and co OR b) that they've actually believed the constant stream of lies he projectile vomits constantly from his mouth.

It better not be Truss next, is all I can say.

Fair enough! I know absolutely nothing about Steve Baker, but this was my first impression of him. You clearly know much more concerning what's gone on in the past.

Yes Baker is one of those whose spiritual home is the US bible belt. Pro Life (or 'Pro Birth' in the US!)

You can only wonder at the amount of Ignore buttons will be pressed on here as this next political Era pans out !
I don't use the facility as we need to keep the banter bouyant.

'The alternative would have done worse.'

Honestly. Any Government would have had to make most of these decisions. And probably not have wasted billions in the process

Any ideas on next week's lottery numbers?

Ah so thats why you voted

Did you?

I think both Boris Johnson and Guy Verhofstadt are clowns so using your logic should I have spoilt my ballot? Do you think everyone on your side of every argument is a stand-up guy/girl talking complete sense?

Yes I did, probably because I was making a point about the goings-on in French politics and how they show that our ****************-show is not that different from theirs. Not sure why you brought up energy policies, which isn't really something that the makes the UK a laughing stock one way or another is it?

;