Non - Brexit

Lessons learned would mean a more informed vote surely.

52% could go down as well as up past results are no guarantee of future performance.

I wouldn't vote remain again. I wouldn't vote leave either but it's too far gone to try and put the toothpaste back in the tube. I could never understand how these second referendum people saw that playing out before let alone now we've left. Do they think the EU would just welcome us back on the same terms?

Annuver Bwexit ?..Cor... now then.. which way to go...errrm...well...us boomers for a start wouldn't know nuffink would us...not at all ' informed' of the necessary intricacies to be able to make the correct (remain) choice.
I finks.. Out of Devilment. I'd go Remain for a giggle.. if the thing presents itself...
So good people...grab yerselfs a passing and willing 'Cameron'..and orft we go again Batman !
Ha out loud !

Annuver Bwexit ?..Cor... now then.. which way to go...errrm...well...us boomers for a start wouldn't know nuffink would us...not at all ' informed' of the necessary intricacies to be able to make the correct (remain) choice.
I finks.. Out of Devilment. I'd go Remain for a giggle.. if the thing presents itself...
So good people...grab yerselfs a passing and willing 'Cameron'..and orft we go again Batman !
Ha out loud !
Nope, didn't get any of that.

I wouldn't vote remain again. I wouldn't vote leave either but it's too far gone to try and put the toothpaste back in the tube. I could never understand how these second referendum people saw that playing out before let alone now we've left. Do they think the EU would just welcome us back on the same terms?

I was all for leaving the EU....and still am....but the £millions they are demanding from us , I'd tell them to get stuffed and stick it where the monkey keeps his nuts!
UTC

When the Independent isn't blaming Brexit for the driver shortage it's worth paying attention.

Link

Worth pointing out the first dip in 2020 is around the original launch date of the IR35 changes before the 11th hour delay.

I was all for leaving the EU....and still am....but the £millions they are demanding from us , I'd tell them to get stuffed and stick it where the monkey keeps his nuts!
UTC
Are you confusing the eu with the nhs who are getting £350m a day from the brexit benefi fund.

What is the now better informed view as to how much the brexit benefit has delivered to the uk economy?
That's one of the things that some pro-EU people never quite grasped. It isn't all about the money. Brexiters, by and large, IMO, were of the opinion that we wouldn't be much differently off financially - of course, we weren't expecting the EU to be so unfriendly and anti-free trade as they are. But Brexiters mostly were voting for independence rather than for pennies in pockets.

Same with the Scottish Nationalists and most other nationalist parties in all countries. By and large, they're parties that are chasing independence rather than parties chasing more money.

I didn't know that but I thought EU were claiming millions from us for daring not to continue to support them in the way we did in the past.
UTC

By in large they want money that the UK has already committed to giving, such as pensions etc.

All the Brexit advantages and disadvantages are starting kick in... revealing in the media, now that the main Covid panic 'appears' over. For a while it will seem the bad will outweigh the good ..for France too..but slowly it will all be pared down to almost nothing and both the EU and Britain will just face the usual problems that life throws up....and the Rich both sides will get richer and the Poor poorer. Those plans are there...pending the interruption of any Revolutions that rock up.

The effects of Covid worldwide will have a longer and more significant effect...and any further Pandemics which are inevitable with the Planet being raped and the atmosphere being steadily more polluted...rats and fleas are rampant and ever ready if we don't clean up our act ...Worldwide..its the big picture we need to be concerned about...not the 'piddle in a puddle' that the pedantics between Britain and France represent.

Aside ..and separately 'bubbled' from that..is the case of Political , Celebrity and Sporting higher echelons doing what they f√cking like...where and when they like ...exempt from dreading Covid but readily spreading it !
They want their MONEY....More of Your Money.....and know there are masses of gullible idiots among populations ready and willing to dob it out.

If your Young and Fit...Dont be a Dolt....Revolt ..
...don't attend PL games, Wimbledon, or Concerts etc...or watch Ant n Dec..until such times as prices paid reflect value and the lower ends of Society get a better deal.
Save your Money.

...Hastle your MPs...if you can find them. ...B@stards !

Last edited:
That's one of the things that some pro-EU people never quite grasped. It isn't all about the money. Brexiters, by and large, IMO, were of the opinion that we wouldn't be much differently off financially - of course, we weren't expecting the EU to be so unfriendly and anti-free trade as they are. But Brexiters mostly were voting for independence rather than for pennies in pockets.

Same with the Scottish Nationalists and most other nationalist parties in all countries. By and large, they're parties that are chasing independence rather than parties chasing more money.
Exactly this, nothing to do with money at all

“ of course, we weren't expecting the EU to be so unfriendly and anti-free trade as they are.” Bless.

Tbf their climb down could be seen as an admission that they were overzealous in how they enacted the previous agreement. It's been pretty clear that the people of Northern Ireland have been an afterthought and secondary consideration in these trade negotiations and that 'respecting the GFA' was just a soundbite negotiation tactic.

The whole episode has shown that in both the UK and EU politicians are more concerned about their projects over their people and it's certainly not something to celebrate whatever side of the debate you fall.

Tbf their climb down could be seen as an admission that they were overzealous in how they enacted the previous agreement. It's been pretty clear that the people of Northern Ireland have been an afterthought and secondary consideration in these trade negotiations and that 'respecting the GFA' was just a soundbite negotiation tactic.

The whole episode has shown that in both the UK and EU politicians are more concerned about their projects over their people and it's certainly not something to celebrate whatever side of the debate you fall.

Because of course leaving the EU makes it impossible to respect the GFA....those who voted leave will just never admit its their fault. Instead its easy to blame the politicians for not coming to agreement.

Because of course leaving the EU makes it impossible to respect the GFA....those who voted leave will just never admit its their fault. Instead its easy to blame the politicians for not coming to agreement.

It's not very clear what you're suggesting here. You think the UK shouldn't have been allowed a vote on self-determination because of the existence of the GFA? Are you suggesting that the GFA itself effectively bound both the UK and Ireland into permanent EU membership and that both nations effectively gave up their rights to leave in 1998?

The GFA was a fudged political agreement for the very reason that the existing political set-up didn't work in NI. It required politicians on all sides to work tirelessly and make massive concessions to allow an agreement to be reached. If you accept that the UK and Ireland didn't give up their rights to leave the EU in 1998 (which they clearly didn't because they both signed up the the Lisbon treaty in 2007 with the inclusion of Article 50. This after the Irish forced a rewording following rejection at referendum) then it is clearly incumbent on all parties to work towards a workable solution to the new constitutional set-up.

;