Non- Dorset councils

Councillors all-around Britain dancing about in 3ft leaps...goooorah. ...goooorah.....like 5 year olds at the 1st December sighting of Father Xmas....wtf the b@stards gonna do ? ' drop someone's rent ...find a stray dentist...fill a pothole....Ye Gods why should Britain tremble !

I assume the likeliest outcome is a coalition led by the Lib Dems, given they are the largest party. The LD leader is currently Vikki Slade, so I would think she is probably in pole position to lead the council again.
Call me a cynicaloldbastard but my fear is they will end up doing a deal with the tories and indys in a Lib/Con coalition rather than with the Green and Reds.
I hope I am just wrong!

What I would hope to see is a change in the rules when someone decides to switch from one Party to another without a new election.

We have seen that happen in the BCP area in the past.

If the electorate local or national vote for a particular person and they switch to another Party, then there must be a new election for the people to decide.

Call me a cynicaloldbastard but my fear is they will end up doing a deal with the tories and indys in a Lib/Con coalition rather than with the Green and Reds.
I hope I am just wrong!

The Indy's will not form a coalition with the Tories that's for sure. Of the 5, at least 2 were in seats last time and stood against the Tories constantly.

Another shambolic unity alliance will be incoming. Not that I can overly complain having voted for an independent and a green.

Coalition govt often sound attractive but that’s because we’re naive enough to think that politicians can actually act like adults and find some compromise to actually progress forward, listening and learning from polarising views.

Those who voted in the local elections, did you know anything about the candidate you were voting for or what they wanted to do to improve things?

In our area there was a lack of any information, except a couple of leaflets.

Those who voted in the local elections, did you know anything about the candidate you were voting for or what they wanted to do to improve things?

And those were all Labour…

The LD leader is currently Vikki Slade, so I would think she is probably in pole position to lead the council again.

Yep that went well last time.

Hopefully Pete Sidaway will get it, he seems half clued up unlike our Vikki.

Last edited:

Kinda agree. The only leaflet we had was blue, nothing from anyone else, and that's often been the case over the years we've lived here.

I know printing out and delivering paperwork isn't always practical. So I had a look around online. The OHEC, Whocanivotefor.co.uk, and party websites. Hard to find much out.

Kinda agree. The only leaflet we had was blue, nothing from anyone else, and that's often been the case over the years we've lived here.

I know printing out and delivering paperwork isn't always practical. So I had a look around online. The OHEC, Whocanivotefor.co.uk, and party websites. Hard to find much out.

Our independent hand wrote addressed envelopes to each house with the voters names on and I saw him delivering them himself. Could be a good reason why he won in a landslide. Didnt have anyone knock on the door at all.

She'll probably be focusing on car parking issues I assume...

I'll never forget that sunny weekend when half a million descended from a desperate locked down country and brought the place to a gridlocked standstill.

Vikki could have at least looked at the weather, organised signage , parking, extra toilets, extra wardens, traffic wardens, extra bins on the seafront, liaised with Police / Ambulance / Fire brigade and establish some kind of multi agency approach but no....she did absolutely nothing. Instead went litter picking on the beach and asked people where'd they'd come from and why- then stood on the pier, declared a critical incident and blamed the Government.

;