Non Emma Raducanu

I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question but it's something I've often wondered about - in tax haven places like Monaco, where do essential services derive their funds from?

Like do all the rich folks there have to put into some kind of co-op and vote every year on how much to spend on rubbish collection, infrastructure upkeep etc?
19.5% vat.
Try and moor there for a night.

may be distasteful to some re tax I guess, but he's clearly still British.
Yes but my understanding is that british drivers for british based teams get paid PAYE and it's only things like their image rights and outside earnings that are paid overseas.

Shaky territory and only make these distinctions when it comes to international sport .
But very different circumstances though. I think he even had an English parent? But because he’d represented Canada first and had a clear Canadian accent it all felt a bit forced. Cynically just felt like he could make a better career out of being one of the best Brits rather than just an also ran in Canada.
Could be very wrong though but that’s how it felt at the time.

At least with Emma she’s lived here since being a baby/toddler and was brought up in England so is very much a Brit in my view.
All that's true about Rusedski - but on the other hand, when it came to Davis cup teams, he was the one who was always available. On at least one occasion Murray and Henman both cried off because it wasn't convenient, while Rusedski played even though he was injured.

Watched her game last night courtesy of Amazon Prime. She was 0-2 and 0:40 down and then won the next 11 games to win 6-2 6-1. Very impressive. Into the last 8.

Edited for accuracy
;)

Last edited:
...think she could be a big tennis star of the future...just hope she doesn't 'burn out'

She has something about her. The best players do. Privileged to have watched some of the best at Wimbledon way back (Borg, Evert) and many, many stars at the Rothman's tennis tournament at West Hants back in the 70s.

;