Non - Pandemic

From the Guardian just a few minutes ago:

"Britons who have been double-vaccinated abroad will soon be able to travel to the UK more easily, as the government prepares to recognise jabs administered overseas.

Hundreds of thousands of British citizens who are dual nationals or have been living or working abroad have still been forced to isolate for up to 10 days, but the rules are expected to be changed from August.

Those who have had both jabs in other countries will be able to apply to register these with their GP – but the vaccines must be ones which are approved for use in the UK: Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech and Janssen.

The vaccines minister, Nadhim Zahawi, made the admission in a little-noticed response to an MP during a Commons debate last week."

Too late for Forest and Brum, but maybe Hull and/or Cardiff!

The schools will surely cloud the infections debate for a while surely?

No matter what happens, cases will drop as the summer holidays start - then they will rise in September. So surely it will only be early October until we can actually see what's going on?

From the Guardian just a few minutes ago:

"Britons who have been double-vaccinated abroad will soon be able to travel to the UK more easily, as the government prepares to recognise jabs administered overseas.

Hundreds of thousands of British citizens who are dual nationals or have been living or working abroad have still been forced to isolate for up to 10 days, but the rules are expected to be changed from August.

Those who have had both jabs in other countries will be able to apply to register these with their GP – but the vaccines must be ones which are approved for use in the UK: Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech and Janssen.

The vaccines minister, Nadhim Zahawi, made the admission in a little-noticed response to an MP during a Commons debate last week."

Too late for Forest and Brum, but maybe Hull and/or Cardiff!

Do you have an English GP.?
I don't, been away too long.

Do you have an English GP.?
I don't, been away too long.

You'd still be registered with your last one.

I got my jabs abroad but aren't UK recognized. Taken my first Pfizer in the UK while I'm here, will get the 2nd before I leave (6-7 weeks after the first). Seems I didn't need to do it here could have done it in Dubai, but never mind, I'm glad they're looking into it.

I got my jabs abroad but aren't UK recognized. Taken my first Pfizer in the UK while I'm here, will get the 2nd before I leave (6-7 weeks after the first). Seems I didn't need to do it here could have done it in Dubai, but never mind, I'm glad they're looking into it.

Wasn’t it you that said you had had three jabs already in Dubai?

As a matter of interest how many mix and match jabs can you safely have.

Wasn’t it you that said you had had three jabs already in Dubai?

As a matter of interest how many mix and match jabs can you safely have.

I've taken 2 Sinopharm in Dubai, completed in January. Taken 1 Pfizer here 5 1/2 months after the second Sinopharm. The UAE is now offering 1x Pfizer booster 6 months after the 2nd Sinopharm dose, no 2nd Pfizer Jab (though you can still get it).

"You'd still be registered with your last one"

Dead by now I would expect. Just looked on Google maps, there is a charity shop there now.

With face coverings no longer essential following the loosening of restrictions in England on 19 July – dubbed ‘Freedom Day’ – YouGov’s COVID-19 trackers show that mask use has fallen significantly among the youngest Britons.

While the majority of 18-24 year olds (58%) had worn a mask in the previous two weeks when we asked a few days before 19 July, the latest survey (conducted 21-22 July) shows that this figure has since fallen to 46%.

Other age groups remain largely as likely to wear masks as they were before Freedom Day, including 66% of 25-49 year olds, 73% of 50-64 year olds and 83% of those aged 65 and above.

Last edited:
With face coverings no longer essential following the loosening of restrictions in England on 19 July – dubbed ‘Freedom Day’ – YouGov’s COVID-19 trackers show that mask use has fallen significantly among the youngest Britons.

While the majority of 18-24 year olds (58%) had worn a mask in the previous two weeks when we asked a few days before 19 July, the latest survey (conducted 21-22 July) shows that this figure has since fallen to 46%.

Other age groups remain largely as likely to wear masks as they were before Freedom Day, including 66% of 25-49 year olds, 73% of 50-64 year olds and 83% of those aged 65 and above.

An overall decrease but a small spike in Labour voters is really interesting.

The "Freedom Day" sentence doesn't do them any credit. It's their job to poll not to apply meaning to results.

The one thing they don't mention is that all waves eventually recede. They have to. If cases double every x number of weeks, then sooner or later we all have to catch the disease twice a day to keep up the numbers - it can't happen. There is nothing more certain than that the third wave, like its predecessors, eventually has to recede.

Is this that ultimate, decisive recession? Here's hoping.

The cause for concern is the size of the wave surely. A tidal wave recedes but causes a lot of destruction before it does.

The state of uk sea and flood defences are maybe not a comforting comparison.

;