Non - Pandemic

Well I went out today and people were behaving sensibly. Seems quite an over-reaction from you.

Looking trim Mr Trent, hopefully we'll be out and about soon. Along the Promenade is good for wheelchairs ( we've found ), just getting a self propelling 'chair up some of the paths takes a bit of puff.
Dare we ask what the vinyl purchase was? : )

Question on proposed attendance with restrictions to the league Cup final.

No under 18s or clinically vulnerable. Is that discriminatory, or a reasonable risk aversion during one of the first such trial events? Is there sufficient time, with all other pressures ongoing to include assessment, process and administration to allow such groups safely, or is that a poor excuse and they are just taking the easy (but discriminatory) option.
I get the principles put up by both sides, but in 2 weeks what is a reasonable expectation?

Looking trim Mr Trent, hopefully we'll be out and about soon. Along the Promenade is good for wheelchairs ( we've found ), just getting a self propelling 'chair up some of the paths takes a bit of puff.
Dare we ask what the vinyl purchase was? : )
I've been on a strict 10-day diet, which is not only helping me slim but is also helping my back!

I got "Chemtrails Over The Country Club" by Lana Del Ray. Not my usual heavy rock staple but I find her music and lyrics very interesting.

Well I went out today and people were behaving sensibly. Seems quite an over-reaction from you.
I agree that during the day people are behaving sensibly. My oldest Grand-Daughter said that most nights there are large groups in Bournemouth gardens and on the beaches who are not necessarily being as sensible. Mainly under 30's who won't have generally had the vaccine yet. Apparently when police approach the groups run to a different area. Not an over reaction, just want everyone to enjoy themselves but keep safe for them and others.

Sky

Health Canada announces it will not restrict Oxford/AstraZeneca jab in any age groups

The agency says the benefits of the vaccine outweigh the risks and that incidents of blood clots are rare.

I did say it's probably scaremongering and I'm certainly not suggesting what you claim. All I'm saying is to take it easy until we know how the various steps are affecting things rather than rushing out as if there is no chance of anything getting worse again. I'm all for total relaxation of all the rules but am willing to be patient for a little longer. And I believe it's quite possible to have the virus and pass it on even if fully vaccinated.

We could get hit by an Asteroid tomorrow with a 0% chance of survival.
Sounds like it's a bit pointless to have the vaccine then if you're going to pass on to people with your COVID passport, 99.8% survival rate.
Actually saw a woman walking down the street earlier in her 40's wearing Marigolds along with the mask, I wanted to run her over which would've given her a 40% chance of survival compared to the 99.8% chance she won't die from COVID.. Dumb Phucking Idiots everywhere.

In short, during the period that the Twitter thread discusses, about 67,000 cases found via the lateral flow tests of asymptomatic people who would otherwise have been going about their daily business potentially spreading the virus oblivious to knowing they had it.

Only 11% of positive LFT’s returned a negative when they then did the lab test.

Covid: 82% of positive rapid tests 'were correct' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56750460

We could get hit by an Asteroid tomorrow with a 0% chance of survival.
Sounds like it's a bit pointless to have the vaccine then if you're going to pass on to people with your COVID passport, 99.8% survival rate.
Actually saw a woman walking down the street earlier in her 40's wearing Marigolds along with the mask, I wanted to run her over which would've given her a 40% chance of survival compared to the 99.8% chance she won't die from COVID.. Dumb Phucking Idiots everywhere.
You should try not fixating on these people. You’ll find it less stressful.

Covid: 82% of positive rapid tests 'were correct' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56750460

Some other useful links for those interested. The specificity from the PHE study and from a Cochrane review were both up above 99%, which might sound more reassuring than '82% of positives are correct'.

Rapid, point-of-care antigen and molecular-based tests for diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infection - PubMed (nih.gov)

UK evaluation_PHE Porton Down University of Oxford_final.pdf

As confirmatory PCR tests were conducted only in initial positive test results we haven't picked up any real world data on sensitivity. But these appear to be around 70% in those who are symptomatic.

Wow!

You can diagnose people's underlying health problems just by driving past? I hope they pay you well at the hospital you obviously work at.

No wonder you think everyone else is an idiot with your superpowers!

Couple of paras from above story, one mentioning the other two vaccines.

Cerebral venous thrombosis (CVT) occurred in 39 in a million COVID-19 patients, compared with about five in a million people given the AstraZeneca jab.

In over 480,000 people who received the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, which use mRNA technology instead, CVT occurred in about four in a million people.

Last edited:
Sky

Norwegian COVID-denier 'dies of coronavirus' after hosting illegal gatherings

Hans Kristian Gaarder, a prominent conspiracy theorist in Norway, has reportedly died after contracting COVID-19.

The 60-year-old had suggested the virus was "something that will be like a cold or light flu” and claimed restrictions were a means of “camouflaging that the coronavirus does NOT spread from person to person".

He is reported to have hosted two illegal gatherings at his barn in Gran on 26 March and 27 March, less than two weeks before he died on 6 April.

Officials believe Mr Gaarder had been ill for more than a fortnight without seeing a doctor and may have infected others.

While he had not been tested for the virus before his death, an autopsy revealed he was infected.

These companies talk about "culture" and how it is important that people come into the office. However, at the same time, this is a perfect opportunity to start looking at closing satellite offices and consolidating into larger hubs. I am sure there is a balance but ultimately companies make decisions based on the bottom line. If 10% of the workforce is better suited to working from home, that decision will be made based on how much money the company will save, not necessarily if it's best for the employee.

It also opens up a much larger talent pool. You don't need to hire someone within driving distance of an office, the best talent can be anywhere in the same timezone

;