Non: The Hundred

Cricket is making strides ahead of Football..becoming more exciting ...but needs to be careful to keep f√cking knob - jockey Yanks away from any control or monetary influence..cuz as sure as a creased @rse points down'ards....the cricket 'crease' will morph into a baseball base circle ...if they get on the case!

Don't get me wrong..i really like Baseball..but keep it Stateside of the Pond . and leave Cricket to its Stumps( love those English bits of wood...like goal - posts - Our things !)

It's the men's turn tonight: 18.00 on BBC2.

I quite enjoyed it. I'm not a big cricket fan; I like to keep up with the scores and all, but I won't sit down for five days to watch it. I will tune in if there's an exciting finish, however, and this whole match is like an exciting finish!
...and our girls played it but sadly they lost!

Final verdict…???

I could watch in the ground as I would a T20 and enjoy all the obvious hit and giggle stuff. However the BBC’s fawning, isn’t this the best thing ever, down with the kids, ooh he’s lost his trousers crap I won’t miss.

Final verdict. I thought it was great and controversially Pieterson won me over with the Franchise element as well.

It needs to be short and sweet, for that 8 teams is perfect, any more and the competition goes on for too long.

It’s pitched at the kids and families, it lasts the summer holiday, it’s fast and simple and does what it says on the tin. Also elevating the ladies game to a platform it’s never had before.

Cricket then hopefully benefits from a new breed of children getting interested in the game with All Stars and Dynamos getting decent funding.

Final verdict. I thought it was great and controversially Pieterson won me over with the Franchise element as well.

It needs to be short and sweet, for that 8 teams is perfect, any more and the competition goes on for too long.

It’s pitched at the kids and families, it lasts the summer holiday, it’s fast and simple and does what it says on the tin. Also elevating the ladies game to a platform it’s never had before.

Cricket then hopefully benefits from a new breed of children getting interested in the game with All Stars and Dynamos getting decent funding.

We are 2 years away from The Hundred World Cup.
Bound to happen.

I hadn’t thought about that element of the game and can see the attraction in that as opposed to a season long competition However I don’t get franchise sport and didn’t hear what Pietersen had to say so would be interested in hearing his thoughts.

When I read this and it made me think of the absurdity of Baseball.

Currently, Los Angeles Dodgers are the 'WORLD' champions while,

Japan are the Olympic Champions.

Something not right there!
I completely missed the Olympic baseball. I’m assuming that the US had no MLB players in their squad.
Watching the Hundred though, a few baseball tactics and expressions were coming in. Swing and a miss, knuckleball and pinch hitter for starters.

I completely missed the Olympic baseball. I’m assuming that the US had no MLB players in their squad.
Watching the Hundred though, a few baseball tactics and expressions were coming in. Swing and a miss, knuckleball and pinch hitter for starters.

I think they did have MLB players (don't forget that many players who play (and are the best ones) in the MLB now are either from the Dominican Republic or Korea or Japan or Mexico) and they were not happy when they got beaten in the final! I think the problem was that they are used to best of seven finals and this was a one off game. Not at all fair on the Americans, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: As for the Hundred, it is not for me, thanks.

It drew my interest as a spectacle and tv graphics apart it was good family entertainment and you can’t knock how well it was attended…not a franchised sport fan but it obviously has been put up to rival The IPL and other blast type tournaments.. the best thing though is the women and men playing together which has been very appealing…winner IMO

Reactions: DJ
I've played Evening League cricket,the format is 12 eight ball overs,I always thought it was a decent format and pre dates 2020 and the Hundred by about 50 odd years.

Looking forward to the resumption of the 4 day County Championship next season. I am sure the 100 and T20 have their place as knock about fun and theatrics, and I am all for getting kids involved but its not for me. Will T20 survive the 100 with its BBC backing ?

Only have to wait till next WEEK for the resumption of the 4 day County Championship

;