Non - Tokyo Olympics

I'm wondering why we needed to know the religious affiliation of the flag bearer in the opening ceremony...
The guy is a top member of the Rowing team..that was the only info that was of any relevance.
It wouldn't matter if all the athletes were either Christians, Muslims or Buddhists or ought else.
We are trying to get away from prejudice and racism.....so why even bring it to the News!
I don't get it.
You like me know exactly why it was mentioned.

I watched the road bike race. Great race - breakaways, sprint finish for the silver. Hats off to the cyclists : 145 mile race in high humidity.

Not sure about the no crowds - a fair few in the gymnastics yesterday and hundreds lining the cycle ride although I guess you can’t stop them on street

Yes It was brilliant - but as alluded to earlier I have a feel it is well too overblown now. I feel a reboot of some sorts is needed. A big crash leading to a stripped down games going forward would be great.

Get shot of Golf, Tennis, Football for starters.

Would you rather the Olympics was about one person rather than team events?

Just read this article on how they transport the horses all the way to Tokyo.

Flying horses to the Olympics is a mammoth undertaking and the first equine athletes have already arrived at the Olympic equestrian venue in Tokyo with plenty more to follow.

The horses fly the equivalent of business class, with two horses in each “stable” or crate. Grooms and vets are on hard to ensure all their needs are catered for during the flight. Then on arrival they are chauffeured from the airpoint to their own “Olympic village” via air-conditioned lorries designed for moving horses in comfort.

https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/features/flying-horses-to-olympics-579884

Not sure about the no crowds - a fair few in the gymnastics yesterday and hundreds lining the cycle ride although I guess you can’t stop them on street
Outside of Tokyo crowds are allowed apparently?

Least we are off the mark medal wise .

Seem to do well in Taekwondo generally .

;