Non - Tokyo Olympics

Seems the home nations' FAs feel that putting out a mens GB team would affect their own standings within FIFA.
The ladies team are allowed because they did so well in the WC 2019 that they filled one of UEFA's three slots for the next Olympics.

Why is GB not in the football?

We've only done it once in 2012 due to hosts. GB doesn't have a football team as it's split into the 4 nations. The problem is if we have one team for the Olympics, then why do we have 4 individual teams for everything else and 4 FIFA votes to boot? The worry is that it starts to pave the way to 1 vote 1 team.

I love the Olympics and it’s great to see so many sports you wouldn’t normally see! It gets me all emotional, especially seeing the Tom Daley win! Not a fan of the skateboarding though (bring in Squash!). The British guy did so well to win the bronze but was I the only one who couldn’t see if he’d hit the targets or not?!

What’s the difference between Russia and the Russia Olympic Committee? Surely it’s just the same athletes? Discussing it on BBC 1 this morning.

ROC?...obviously they want to ban Russia...but not ban Russia.. (Boris speak)..

it would seem that nobody wants to upset Putin!

Watching the football, Aussie ladies potentially knocking out GB ladies. 2-2 and into extra time.

GB given the softest of penalties, which was unfortunately awfully taken and easily saved. Then a clear looking defender's handball in the box moments later ignored (to even it up?) and Australia break up the other end and stick it in the top corner via a deflection to go 3-2 up.

Edit now its 4-2 and goodnight.

Love the Olympics, love watching sports I haven't seen in four (five) years. But come on, the track and field events starting today is just awesome!

Watching the football, Aussie ladies potentially knocking out GB ladies. 2-2 and into extra time.0

GB given the softest of penalties, which was unfortunately awfully taken and easily saved. Then a clear looking defender's handball in the box moments later ignored (to even it up?) and Australia break up the other end and stick it in the top corner via a deflection to go 3-2 up.

Edit now its 4-2 and goodnight.
it was nearly not goodnight. Got back to 4-3 and close to equalising

Stayed up to watch BMX rounds and final - absolutely brilliant - no one was going to stop Bethany Schriever or Kai Whyte! Brilliant, I'm a convert.

;