Non - What to watch?

Watched the three episodes of the German crime drama based on true events called Dark Woods on All 4, part of Walter Presents series.

The episodes are around 90 minutes long, we found it a very good crime mystery right up until the end.

Well acted and a good story.

Just watched 5 parter 'The Responder'. Brilliant:)) Now watching 'The Girl Next Door' and that's good too.

Just watched 5 parter 'The Responder'. Brilliant:)) Now watching 'The Girl Next Door' and that's good too.

The Responder was a bit hard going in episode 1, but the second episode was great, funny with some known Liverpool actors Michael Starke (Sinbad) from Brookside, he was the comedian/entertainer on a Norway cruise we went on a few years back, very funny. Only watched two episodes so far.

The Girl Next Door, which channel is it on and from which year, there are at least 7 different ones on IMDb?

Having seen belting reviews for season 3 of Succession, I thought I needed to find out what the fuss was about, so I started watching it (on Sky Atlantic) a couple of weeks ago.
watched S3 finale last night.
What a series - absolutely magnificent. Gone straight into my top 5 shows ever - and the last episode of season three could possibly be the greatest hour of television that I have ever seen.
The acting is exemplary - the scripts are sharp as a tack, and hilarious.
Rotten Tomatoes gives Succession 94% -I cannot understand why they have scored it so low. For me it’s the nearest thing to a 100% that I have seen.
A cast iron must watch.

Justcaught up with Succession, fantastic. Top 5 though? You've recommended a couple that have been great, but not sure about top 5. Have you watched Fringe? Possibly not even in my top 5 but above Succession so far, plus closer to the Leftovers which I first saw you recommend (which is fantastic)

A good war film to watch from a German point of view
The story follows a group of German soldiers, from their Italian R&R in the summer of 1942 to the frozen steppes of Soviet Russia and ending with the battle for Stalingrad.

Funny how diffferent people view things.

On IMDb some give it 10 others 1.

Watched the first 3 episodes last night, not sure why it has had bad reviews, maybe a bit OTT at times.

Line of Duty series was excellent, so very hard to follow.

Watched the last 3 episodes last night and they were better, few twists in the story as well.

See the TV version of the Ipcress File starts on Sunday.

In the ITV and AMC+ adaptation of The Ipcress File, arriving in March 2022, Joe Cole (star of Peaky Blinders and Gangs of London) takes on the iconic role of Harry Palmer, based on the globally renowned Len Deighton novel from 1962 and made famous by Michael Caine in the 1965 spy thriller. Filming took place in Liverpool, Cheshire and Croatia in 2021 and it's set to air in 2022.

https://www.whattowatch.com/feature...-of-the-famous-spy-thriller-starring-joe-cole

Last edited:
Just finished watching that, thought it was really good, far better than the Tom Cruise films as anyone who has read the books will know the Reacher character is not a little weed like Cruise. Did wonder if Keifer Moore had actually got his injury doing the stunts in the series, similar build and looks !!!!

It follows the book quite well, too. Excellent. I hope there are more to come..

Second series of 'Frayed' is good - I know comedy isn't as cool as all these dramas! Sarah Kendall very good in it, plus Robert Webb and Diane Morgan.

;