Non - What to watch?

Watched a movie called "tick, tick, Boom" last night. A musical about 20 years old but came to the cinema last November. Based on the life of Jonathan Larson, the playright who wrote Rent, in the period before Rent reached the stage.

Music was superb (if you like the Broadway/West End sort of numbers).

2 shows I've really enjoyed that I don't think have been mentioned in this thread.
1) Better Call Saul A spinoff of Breaking Bad and really good
2) Mr. Robot

For the music fans, I highly recommend Sound City

Caught a Netflix movie last night ... Don't Look Up.

Theatre of the absurd on how the political machine and corporate America deal with the discovery that a massive comet is on a direct line to strike earth which would result in extinction. Reminded me a bit of the 1960s film Doctor Strangelove in its ridiculousness, yet also some moments of "that's too close to the truth".

Meryl Streep is wonderful in her role of the tainted, polls-savvy POTUS, and Cate Blanchett plays the role of the sexually-liberated TV host to perfection.

You have to be in the right mood for this one, but it grabbed my attention and is reported to be Netflix' second most popular film debut.

Sherwood drama series just finished on BBC1. Catch up on iplayer.

Very well written, first class British actors and very well produced. Lots of twists and turns and the inevitable poor reflection of the Thatcher administration.

Sherwood drama series just finished on BBC1. Catch up on iplayer.

Very well written, first class British actors and very well produced. Lots of twists and turns and the inevitable poor reflection of the Thatcher administration.
It was a quite incredible cast, almost every character played by someone who could lead a series on their own.

Back on the Anthony Bourdain documentaries -across Prime and Netflix.

Done all the 'Layovers' now trying to do all the 'Parts Unknown'. Great food/travel series.

Always get annoyed at the end of each episode when I remember he took his own life.

Could be another hit series starting tonight on Channel 4.

The second para might bring a :grinning: to some. ;)

The Undeclared War is fictional and set in the near-future in 2024, two years from the present day.

In The Undeclared War, post-Brexit Britain has a different prime minister (Boris Johnson has been ousted) and is on the brink of a general election, while the country is post-lockdown, but mask-wearing and hand-sanitising is still encouraged following Covid-19.

The series comes from the mind of BAFTA Award-winning writer and director Peter Kosminsky (The Promise, The State), who spoke about the show's setting while speaking at a press event attended by RadioTimes.com.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/the-undeclared-war-setting/

Try the Stanley Tucci series on Italy. About 10 episodes, very charming guy.

Thanks, will bear in mind. I might have seen one of them before. The Italy ones are good.

There's the guy with the sports car, and the two old guys (one is the Carluccio founder). Who might have died now.

Without looking back through this thread.
Hell On Wheels, based loosely on the railroad construction across the USA is a great shoot them you cowboy series.

Watched Sherwood over three nights, very good series and already announced a second series.

So many very familiar faces in it.
It was the best television for years but I think a second series is a bad idea. It revolved around very particular set of circumstances and my fear is that another one will be all about characters and not plot.

It was a quite incredible cast, almost every character played by someone who could lead a series on their own.
Agreed, that cast made it very watchable. Even Using Robert Glenister's son to play his younger-self was clever. You could see that events of the past haunted his eyes.

Caught a couple of good movies on the weekend.

1. Hail, Hail Rock 'n' Roll - 1987 - Chuck Berry

Attached trailer gives a preview of the man and the music. Produced by Keith Richards among others ... Keith is worth the price of admission.

2. Count Me In - 2021 (Netflix)

Drummers talking about drumming. Talent and passion. From Gene Krupa to Ben Thatcher (Royal Blood). Chad Smith, Roger Taylor, Stuart Copeland, Topper Headon, Nick Mason, Iain Paice. Taylor Hawkins so full of life.

Footage of Ringo, Charlie Watts, Moonie, John Bonham, Ginger Baker and more.

And some younger less known talents.

Would love to hear if @Def_II_Royalz saw it and what he thought.

Try the Stanley Tucci series on Italy. About 10 episodes, very charming guy.
Found yet another gastro-travel show. Somebody Feed Phil. 5 seasons, 27 shows, suitable for binge-watching and binge-eating. Locations in Europe, Asia, Britain, New York, Montreal, South America. Very tasty.

I have to say I'm one of those musicians who dislikes talking about music or listening to other musicians talking about music. In fact at this point I mainly avoid hanging out with musicians!

Attached trailer gives a preview of the man and the music. Produced by Keith Richards among others ... Keith is worth the price of admission.

Drummers talking about drumming. Talent and passion. From Gene Krupa to Ben Thatcher (Royal Blood). Chad Smith, Roger Taylor, Stuart Copeland, Topper Headon, Nick Mason, Iain Paice. Taylor Hawkins so full of life.

;