Norwich City v AFC Bournemouth - League Cup Second Round - Tuesday 7 pm

Nathan Ake v Ben Pringle
Max Gradel v Greg Cunningham
Ryan Fraser v Chris Humphrey
Lewis Cook v Joe Welsh
Many other mismatches out on the pitch that day…

….and yet somehow Brennan Camp being torn apart by Norwich’s new £12m striker is a worse result.
We had our own 12m player on the pitch actually... didn't do quite so well against their 20 year old left back......might be something to do with the fact that we play our most creative player so wide that he barely touches the ball unless it's gone out for a throw in .

My question this morning was going to be when will we get to see the "highlights."

But maybe it should be, asking those that went, were there any from our point of view?

If fans give up caring then we may as well give up, what’s the point of playing?

I went with my daughter and had a great afternoon in an amazing part of the country including an excellent meal in one of the great old pubs in the centre, sitting by the river and did a bit of shopping. Norwich is one of my favourite away days.

Football was total shite to be fair but that’s not an unusual experience over my lifetime.

Tonight was so poor for a mix of reasons. Team was weak; we had no centre forward and brooks didn’t track back enough imho to help debutant camp especially with Brandon Williams pushing up. In contrast, Norwich were up for it (as they showed a couple of seasons ago when they played us off the park in the league cup) and there was a 20k gate instead of the apathetic few thousand that often turn up. Of course, the 3 goals second half were the result of dreadful individual errors - maybe that’s a collective less committed approach than for league games ?

I stayed to the final whistle, like a lot of away fans stayed, and the interaction between fans and players was quite carthartic at the end.
What did you think of the new lad Roger's, did he stand out at all?

If fans give up caring then we may as well give up, what’s the point of playing?

Totally agree. It's a binary equation. You are either in or you are out

I went with my daughter and had a great afternoon in an amazing part of the country including an excellent meal in one of the great old pubs in the centre, sitting by the river and did a bit of shopping. Norwich is one of my favourite away days.

Norwich is a great place to spend the day or the weekend.
Had it not been for the continued requirements for corona testing and the chaos surrounding, I would have been there and made it an eastern double header with Hull on Saturday.

Hull has some interesting places to visit. The area round the Minster, Trinity Square, The Land of Green Ginger and Britain's narrowest window.

I stayed to the final whistle, like a lot of away fans stayed, and the interaction between fans and players was quite carthartic at the end.

Would never leave before the end, no matter what. Seeing the players off is an integral part of the match, surely?

Watched the highlights, painful. First half goals there was some level of misfortune (deflected first goal, cracking second) - but the second half we looked dreadful. Every single goal was the result of a simple mistake, pretty embarrassing.

Rossi seemed lost out there, and Cook wasn't helping. Think Cahill may have turned out to be a far more important signing than I thought after seeing that.

Totally agree. It's a binary equation. You are either in or you are out

Norwich is a great place to spend the day or the weekend.
Had it not been for the continued requirements for corona testing and the chaos surrounding, I would have been there and made it an eastern double header with Hull on Saturday.

Hull has some interesting places to visit. The area round the Minster, Trinity Square, The Land of Green Ginger and Britain's narrowest window.

Would never leave before the end, no matter what. Seeing the players off is an integral part of the match, surely?

i agree Erik. I waited until the end to see what the reaction of the players would be. Steve cook looked over to the fans at final whistle and looked haunted by what had happened. He ambled over to give his shirt to a young fan and the fans clapped him (who knows might be his last game). Rest of team (mainly young kids really) looked down and that led to the remaining fans to clap them too.

It was bizarrely quite a moving moment to be honest. We were all fuming of course but genuinely think fans realised players like Kilkenny Rossi camp Taylor etc had tried.

it was a bit like that end of reading away game when we went up but without the singing and happiness. Hopefully young players appreciated it and to be honest I had not expected to applaud them after a really depressing night!

what a funny game eh?

The way I see it.. We were always going to get a hiding out there tonight with the side Parker lined up with... He's lined up with a side only because he has to... Given the choice to boycott it, I am sure he would have said "we'll give this one a miss".

The only plus from last night is that it gave Pearson and S.Cook 90 mins of fitness.

Looking at that side though from last night...

Nyland - Not played a single minute for AFCB before
Taylor - Barely any first team minutes, if any...?
Brooks -
Rogers - 1 training session at AFCB..!!!!
Pearson -
Kilkenny - 4 first team games but still young and inexperienced
Marcondes -
Davis - First time at LB and barely any first team minutes
Camp - To my knowledge, first team minutes NONE
Cook - First minutes since long-term injury
Ibsen Rossi - Still very young and learning despite 3 whole first team games

Subs
Saydee - Barely any first team minutes
Glover - I dont even know who this is ?!?!?
Meps -

So of the 14 lads that played for us last night, 10 of them had either no first team experience, very little first team experience or had just come back from injury... and more to the point, this was NOT a team... It is kind of the side you would mash together the second half of a meaningless friendly...

Apart from the fact 300 odd fans went to watch this, For me, I really don't see what the big deal is about getting smashed last night... and who cares what anyone else thinks... You just need to look at that 11 and know that that team will never play together again.

We move on to Hull away on Saturday, with Lerma back and some slightly more experienced heads coming back...

Last edited:
I’ve never understood the need to rest so many, some yes Solanke deserves it, but not as many as we did. I think a result like this effects the whole club and also the 250 fans that travelled, wow, why do managers care so little about them.

I am not even sure why Dom could not have been on the bench last night given the limited options we have up front. We are only 5 games into the season, not 5 months, and have an International break after the weekend. Just hope there is not another reason such as a knock of one variety or another.

I really hoped Parker would not be EH Mark II when it cames to the cup games - but unfortunately that seems to be the way virtually the whole of football treats early rounds of cup games these days. Not sure any team from the top two divisions made less than half a dozen changes last night.

As for the second half goals - it has looked like only a question of time until that happened with the number of passes made amongst the defenders this season. Thankfully these were not too costly game wise as we were never going to come back from 3 down last night anyway. However, it will make every single such pass harder from now on as the whole team will all realise just how costly each one could be and this will shake the confidence of the whole squad - even those not playing yesterday.

What did you think of the new lad Roger's, did he stand out at all?

not a night to judge properly tbh. Two features stood out for me: excellent first touch and a battler; three times went down after heavy challenges but continued. Also noted him working hard to cover an out of place full back. Think will combine well with Dom

The way I see it.. We were always going to get a hiding out there tonight with the side Parker lined up with... He's lined up with a side only because he has to... Given the choice to boycott it, I am sure he would have said "we'll give this one a miss".

The only plus from last night is that it gave Pearson and S.Cook 90 mins of fitness.

Looking at that side though from last night...

Nyland - Not played a single minute for AFCB before
Taylor - Barely any first team minutes, if any...?
Brooks -
Rogers - 1 training session at AFCB..!!!!
Pearson -
Kilkenny - 4 first team games but still young and inexperienced
Marcondes -
Davis - First time at LB and barely any first team minutes
Camp - To my knowledge, first team minutes NONE
Cook - First minutes since long-term injury
Ibsen Rossi - Still very young and learning despite 3 whole first team games

Subs
Saydee - Barely any first team minutes
Glover - I dont even know who this is ?!?!?
Meps -

So of the 14 lads that played for us last night, 10 of them had either no first team experience, very little first team experience or had just come back from injury... and more to the point, this was NOT a team... It is kind of the side you would mash together the second half of a meaningless friendly...

Apart from the fact 300 odd fans went to watch this, For me, I really don't see what the big deal is about getting smashed last night... and who cares what anyone else thinks... You just need to look at that 11 and know that that team will never play together again.

We move on to Hull away on Saturday, with Lerma back and some slightly more experienced heads coming back...
Think the fans realised this hence gave them encouragement at final whistle

Let's hope that is the only totally hopeless performance this season. The fact it was in the EFL cup makes it slightly less terrible but I still think more effort should have been made to balance the team with some fit and experienced players. An 11 made up from this forum would probably not have got a worse result!

;