Players To Come In For Next Season?

So you’re saying that all AFCB youth players are currently up to a standard of playing Championship football for the whole season and that the club doesn’t need to sign any experienced players or other talent that gets offered to us?

Harry Redknapp once told me that while Spurs manager, he offered some guy named Harry Kane to us for a season loan but at that time we couldn’t afford even that, so Kane went off on loan to Leyton Orient. In that instance we had no option but to use players that we had on our books.

It’s a bloody shame that Kane never came good after having some first team experience while out on loan though.
Well I suppose that was great news for Spurs!....lol....I not sure how much it benefited Leyton Orient though.

Apart from Travers can you seriously see any of them consistently starting for us in the championship?
Absolutely....l mean if we can't find a few Championship quality players from the best group of youth team players we've ever had then why do we bother with a youth team at all?

Absolutely....l mean if we can't find a few Championship quality players from the best group of youth team players we've ever had then why do we bother with a youth team at all?
That is actually a very good question. If we cannot produce players on a regular basis to perform at this level then what is the point in keeping it? I think Brentford had the same thought process.

That is actually a very good question. If we cannot produce players on a regular basis to perform at this level then what is the point in keeping it? I think Brentford had the same thought process.
We cannot produce alone and we have never got the concept of having feeder clubs ourseleves. EH never got this right.
For players to prove their capabilities they need a good grounding at quality loans. I may be proven wrong but I doubt any of our current crop are good enough for the Championship at the moment...remember Sam Matthews (MOM v Real Madrid) where is he now. He needed quality loans

Should I being worrying about the lack of incoming players so far?

We hardly appear to be going all out to get promotion to the Prem do we?

As I have said on another thread, it looks like we have decided to settle for staying in the Championship instead, which IMHO is not necessarily a bad thing!

Thing is we don’t actually know how good this group of youngsters are .
Do I want to see a couple fully involved this year, totally .
See Anthony for me last season I can’t remember the game, came on and played from the left and skinned the full back and set up a goal.
From then on in he played from the right and looked so uncomfortable .
I would love to see a couple given a proper chance

Thing is we don’t actually know how good this group of youngsters are .
Do I want to see a couple fully involved this year, totally .
See Anthony for me last season I can’t remember the game, came on and played from the left and skinned the full back and set up a goal.
From then on in he played from the right and looked so uncomfortable .
I would love to see a couple given a proper chance
I'm thinking that might of been Preston at home ..

I agree!!
Lol.....you have to laugh at this place....when our youth team was winning cups last season there was a lovely thread full of positivity about what great futures they had but if anyone mentions any of them actually playing for us it's Whoa let's see who we can get from the Spurs youth team!...... honestly it's depressing.....we're supposed to be Bournemouth fans.

;