Players To Come In For Next Season?

With Scotty’s obvious connections, I’d be hammering the doors down at White Hart Lane to take Dane Scarlett on loan for the season.

You see Rob?....this is the way we're heading.....a nursery for Premier League clubs youth players.

You see Rob?....this is the way we're heading.....a nursery for Premier League clubs youth players.

Yeah I understand what you mean ..... let’s face it, it never worked when Defoe came here ... or Ferdinand ... or Ake ... or in fact Begovic etc etc

Loan players are part of football existence whether a PL side taking Bale on loan, or a league two side taking a spotty 16 y.o. for a few months.

Yeah I understand what you mean ..... let’s face it, it never worked when Defoe came here ... or Ferdinand ... or Ake ... or in fact Begovic etc etc

Loan players are part of football existence whether a PL side taking Bale on loan, or a league two side taking a spotty 16 y.o. for a few months.
You won't believe this but their are some Championship clubs who bring though their own youth team players!.....I know unbelievable right?..... but no let's loan all ours to L1 sides and see if we can give a chance to some deserving PL starlet.

CCV played 64 minutes for Spurs at Leyton Orient yesterday, which is what you’d expect in a first friendly. So it looks like his pre season fitness work is coming on OK.

Scott Parker’s back room team probably know him quite well since they came from the Spurs youth set up. If they want him I expect we will get him once the Spurs squad fully returns. And if they don’t there is probably a good reason.

Last edited:
Maybe but might it be better for the club
How can it be better for the club?.....we have the best bunch of youth players that we've ever had... players that have come up through the youth set together and have a real bond with each other and the club.....things that were sadly missing among our players last season...... Christ even Stoke are bringing through players!....they had a 19yr old youth team graduate playing against us last season who they've just sold for 12m..... surely that approach would be better for the club?

How can it be better for the club?.....we have the best bunch of youth players that we've ever had... players that have come up through the youth set together and have a real bond with each other and the club.....things that were sadly missing among our players last season...... Christ even Stoke are bringing through players!....they had a 19yr old youth team graduate playing against us last season who they've just sold for 12m..... surely that approach would be better for the club?
I agree with you, I would like to see our young players given more opportunities. Of our youngsters, I believe that the 2 ready to make an impact immediately are JZ and Anthony. JZ is absolutely made for that LWB role and he looked class in the cup games when deployed there, yet we persisted with playing Adam Smith out of position or Rico who wasn’t suited to that role at all. Likewise Anthony, every time he is given a few minutes at the end of a game he looks like a very promising prospect, but then we don’t see him again for a couple of months. I do agree that we have some youngsters who I feel could make an impact for us but they are not getting the opportunity to prove it on a regular enough basis. I think Travers has all the makings of a very good goal keeper but due to the nature of his position it would benefit both him and us if he were to have a decent loan spell first. I think Kilkenny needs a loan spell first too and wouldn’t be ready for this level at the moment. Ibsen Rossi is an interesting one, tbh I would need to see more of him before making a judgement. With players like Kyle Taylor and Scrimshaw, if we’re being realistic then you have to question if they are anywhere near good enough for us at this stage given their very average loan spells at league 2 level, I think they could do with seeking a permanent move away.

Apart from Travers can you seriously see any of them consistently starting for us in the championship?
Anthony looks every inch a championship player from what little we’ve seen of him to be honest. I think JZ could also have what it takes but maybe only in the LWB role, he looked very accomplished in the cup games last season.

And what have the likes of Zemura... Kilkenny... Anthony and Travers done to suggest they're not?

So far, two managers haven’t picked them in the Championship, save for cup matches and the occasional late substitution. If a third one doesn’t then maybe they genuinely aren’t up to it yet.

Still, the fact that he seems to have taken the bulk of the development squad with him to Spain shows that he’s at least giving them the chance to show what they can do.

You won't believe this but their are some Championship clubs who bring though their own youth team players!.....I know unbelievable right?..... but no let's loan all ours to L1 sides and see if we can give a chance to some deserving PL starlet.

So you’re saying that all AFCB youth players are currently up to a standard of playing Championship football for the whole season and that the club doesn’t need to sign any experienced players or other talent that gets offered to us?

Harry Redknapp once told me that while Spurs manager, he offered some guy named Harry Kane to us for a season loan but at that time we couldn’t afford even that, so Kane went off on loan to Leyton Orient. In that instance we had no option but to use players that we had on our books.

It’s a bloody shame that Kane never came good after having some first team experience while out on loan though.

;