Players To Come In For Next Season?

If Sunderland were stupid enough to offer such an obscene contract to such an average player than that’s on them, not Rodwell. Just as Rodwell can’t expect to leave his contract for free if he had a better offer, Sunderland or their fans can’t expect him to just walk away because they no longer want him. Works both ways.

Exactly, it's ludicrous to suggest he should walk away out of some kind of moral obligation to his employers.

Would you be saying the same if we had a player like that in our bucket rattling days?.....how much trouble does a club have to be in for a player to stop thinking about money?..

I wouldn't necessarily be happy, depending on other stuff we heard around the situation but completely respect and understand the players position. Wouldn't expect him to just walk away from the contract.

I think one of the problems the Sunderland fans had was his attitude when he did get on the pitch. A players contract is between, the player, his agent and the club's board. Supporters turn up to support their players, playing their best when they're on the pitch. When they're being paid top dollar but giving pound shop performances, they get all the shite they deserve : )

Would you be saying the same if we had a player like that in our bucket rattling days?.....how much trouble does a club have to be in for a player to stop thinking about money?..
Unfortunately a contract is a contract, of course we’d be angry as supporters if this happened to us. But a player is only going to look out for themselves. We’d be equally angry if Danjuma (for example) expected to walk out of his contract for free to look for the best deal elsewhere. A contract is a contract. Unfortunately if an owner is irresponsible to hand out unsustainable ones then that is on them, not the player.

I think one of the problems the Sunderland fans had was his attitude when he did get on the pitch. A players contract is between, the player, his agent and the club's board. Supporters turn up to support their players, playing their best when they're on the pitch. When they're being paid top dollar but giving pound shop performances, they get all the shite they deserve : )
He does have an obligation to give his all when he is on the pitch, that is what he is paid to do. If that wasn’t the case then fans were quite right to give him stick, regardless of what he’s being paid.

This Table, absolutely. Anyone thinking we should get Rodwell really needs medical help

I see Saints have released Josh Sims.
In the few games he played for them, I always thought he looked dangerous.

Perhaps his proneness to injury was partly the reason for letting him go.

But right wing would be a position we'd be looking to bolster.

See another Saints player who may be available. :grinning:

INGS REJECTS SAINTS EXTENSION

Danny Ings has turned down an offer of a four-year contract from Southampton.

Sky Sports News can confirm a report by The Athletic that Ings has rejected the offer from his club.

The 28-year-old forward has one year left on his current deal at St. Mary’s.

I see Saints have released Josh Sims.
In the few games he played for them, I always thought he looked dangerous.

Perhaps his proneness to injury was partly the reason for letting him go.

But right wing would be a position we'd be looking to bolster.
Be good for us then, can replace Stan

;