Rotherham United v AFC Bournemouth

As stated previously we are going to have to be very careful in our approach to this game, Rovrum are a large aggressive side both in attack and defence, we need to be ready and not complacent.

Reactions: drd
Money is by no means the be all and end all but I wonder if there may be a temptation for the club to play Josh to put him in the shop window.

Not sure his price would change much though even if he does do well.

Historically he has been great but not set the world on fire for the past few months.

Stanislas, Brooks and Danjuma will all need to be rested at certain points over the coming weeks. All probably are fine to play tomorrow but you then run the risk of 2 or more not being fit for the same game later on.

It’s a situation JT will need to manage and think ahead. Also a test of his man management because if we do decide to leave one out tomorrow, the reasons need explaining to the player.

What is the thing with 'resting' players if they are fully fit and in form...and they are said to be 'athletes' in this era?
I don't get it one bit! Why disrupt a winning team?
You are right, but I am guessing if players are rested it is based on all that data that is gathered. With so many games coming thick and fast, it is probably better to rest a player. Also, integrating squad players more frequently will help with those cup games where we see such disjointed performances.

What is the thing with 'resting' players if they are fully fit and in form...and they are said to be 'athletes' in this era?
I don't get it one bit! Why disrupt a winning team?

Certain players sometimes have to be ‘managed’ due to their injury history, get the balance right and hopefully in the long run you will get more games out of them.

We are going from a season in the PL where we played 38 league games, to the Championship with 46 games which are coming two in a week at the moment.

Certain players sometimes have to be ‘managed’ due to their injury history, get the balance right and hopefully in the long run you will get more games out of them.

We are going from a season in the PL where we played 38 league games, to the Championship with 46 games which are coming two in a week at the moment.

Yeah Billy I think. well no.. .actually thinking is what I need to cease allotting my time to! :confused:
But I'm sure we played 46 games in all our promotion seasons with plenty of midweek games in October /November/ December, more cup rounds, and with smaller squads!

Yeah Billy I think. well no.. .actually thinking is what I need to cease allotting my time to! :confused:
But I'm sure we played 46 games in all our promotion seasons with plenty of midweek games in October /November/ December, more cup rounds, and with smaller squads!

season more condensed as well this year.

Stanislas, Brooks and Danjuma will all need to be rested at certain points over the coming weeks. All probably are fine to play tomorrow but you then run the risk of 2 or more not being fit for the same game later on.

It’s a situation JT will need to manage and think ahead. Also a test of his man management because if we do decide to leave one out tomorrow, the reasons need explaining to the player.

At some stage I wonder if the possibility of a Solanke and Surridge combination could be considered. Then at least one of the trio could be rested.

Will all depend on opposition and what systems they play so that we don’t concede too much of the midfield.

Money is by no means the be all and end all but I wonder if there may be a temptation for the club to play Josh to put him in the shop window.

Not sure his price would change much though even if he does do well.

Historically he has been great but not set the world on fire for the past few months.

Hope he gets to continue a well earned rest & would be suitors in January dig up the glory days on you tube & splash the cash.

Surely, it's all about the club future now, I see where you are coming from, but it is historically & can't remember when Josh was last on fire.

Sorry if it comes across across a bit negative, maybe Josh can play a part, but if we are on the up & his mind is out, then restrict him to a small part & so be it.

Or gamble on him covering himself in glory & we pick up a few extra quid in January ?

[QUOTE="Peterjclements, post: 440536, member: 3700"

Surely, it's all about the club future now, I see where you are coming from, but it is historically & can't remember when Josh was last on fire.[/QUOTE]Away to
Everton?

It’s also about our squad remaining fitter and one step ahead of our competition as the weeks go by

;