Rotherham United v AFC Bournemouth

JT has to his credit ceased with the 4-5 changes every game recently and instead kept things very much as they are, and it's seen an improvement.

Only issue is how sustainable that is given the fixture list. 2 games a week every week for Brooks, Danjuma, Stanislas, L.Cook etc getting kicked every game is asking a lot. Sooner or later we'll be forced to make some changes. The key will be timing them so that they miss the minimal amount of football for the most benefit.

I would certainly be up for starting Riquleme in place of one of Brooks/Danjuma just to keep legs fresh. They're only on the bench with a 5 sub rule if we need them.

Lerma has played a huge amount of football, and Cook seems to be getting kicked off the park, one of them could probably use a break.

Yes the youngster looked very skillful when he came on. I'do like him to have a start too.

I would go tentatively go for:

Begovic
Smith Mepham S Cook Rico
Gosling Billing
L Cook
Kilkenny Danjuma Riquelme
Solanke

Not sure about starting L Cook given number of matches he's played but think we have to start him or Lerma and Lewis hasn't been on international duty. I would give the youngsters a chance in this one too and rest Brooks and Stan. They can always do a swap at half time. I have a concern about right back. If Smithy gets injured and Stacey, who would normally be my preference over Smith, is out, who covers? Mepham at right back and Kelly in at centre back with Cook?

All clubs are playing games at the same frequency as us. With the vests they wear when playing all of their vital signs can be monitored and if a player needs resting then so be it. I feel we have a good enough squad to cope with that.

If we think we can rest too many in this game then there is a good chance we won’t win it ..
Unless forced with injuries or fatigue need to play our strongest side .

I would go tentatively go for:

Begovic
Smith Mepham S Cook Rico
Gosling Billing
L Cook
Kilkenny Danjuma Riquelme
Solanke

Not sure about starting L Cook given number of matches he's played but think we have to start him or Lerma and Lewis hasn't been on international duty. I would give the youngsters a chance in this one too and rest Brooks and Stan. They can always do a swap at half time. I have a concern about right back. If Smithy gets injured and Stacey, who would normally be my preference over Smith, is out, who covers? Mepham at right back and Kelly in at centre back with Cook?
I can understand you being a bit tentative about this line up, but if we can get away with fielding twelve players it might give us an advantage

This fixture worries me....can't put my finger on why...
....anyway to hell with that...I'm going another 2 - 0 !
Its the most important fixture in our history..apart from the next ones!
I think Norwich might have an overdue sh*tter today which could see us Top dogs!

This fixture worries me....can't put my finger on why...
....anyway to hell with that...I'm going another 2 - 0 !
Its the most important fixture in our history..apart from the next ones!
I think Norwich might have an overdue sh*tter today which could see us Top dogs!
Worried understandably so I'd say, given that it's the top 7 or 8 that we've performed best against, and everyone else that we've looked a bit hit and miss, to say the least. Need to start well again and the rest should follow.

I hope Danjuma and L Cook are ok. Hopefully we see a performance from Billing and the front three clicking or it could be a long afternoon

Interesting that JT chose a change in formation over giving Riquelme a start, slotting into the Danjuma role. I'm a little surprised to be honest but time will tell if it's the right call.

The bench feels a little limited in proven game changing options. Hopefully we won't need one and instead have an opportunity to give minutes to some of the youngsters.

Looks a bit more robust but lacking creativity. Any idea what's up with Danjuma and Cooks? Hopefully just resting knocks. Cook has taken a battering lately.

;