Safe standing

I'm in favour and I sit in the NS and had the same seats since we moved to the new stadium. . It is not 90 minutes though. 2x 45 minute halves with extra time admittedly. Time to sit down at half time and also with breaks in play if really that difficult to stand for 45 minutes. . If we don't do this now when do we do it. The atmosphere at the end of recent games when we have been wining and more people stand in the NS the atmosphere improves dramatically. We all do it at away games why not at home. Make the whole NS standing. Look at Luton all their fans seem to stand and other clubs too, even Arsenal fans are starting to stand in what were traditionally stay seated areas.

I wonder if Jim Frevola still has the same enthusiasm to implement change as he did when he first joined. I can see it now in 2025/26 when they announce a new £100m all singing all dancing new stadium....

AFCB supporters: "so I've got to move seats again? Typical! I only just moved 25 years ago it's like musical bloody chairs with this club."

Increasing capacity seems to depend on a few factors- safestandingroadshow.co.uk explains it all. Seems doubtful that converting our current seats to safe standing seats now could increase capacity at DC.

As people have said the Cherries Trust and others seem quite positive and there are indications that it is something the club has been required to do. Looking at the SGSA requirements it appears that clubs have a duty to stop persistent standing. Firstly they need to try the 'initial steps'...

Screenshot_2024-01-04-17-07-12-750_com.google.android.apps.docs-edit.jpg

If that doesn't work they need to take further action...

Screenshot_2024-01-04-17-07-45-515_com.google.android.apps.docs-edit.jpg

As people have said the Cherries Trust and others seem quite positive and there are indications that it is something the club has been required to do. Looking at the SGSA requirements it appears that clubs have a duty to stop persistent standing. Firstly they need to try the 'initial steps'...

View attachment 12951

If that doesn't work they need to take further action...

View attachment 12952

So the club should talk to fans about standing... - have they?

Make sure a condition of entry is to sit. - LOL Thats ironic dont you think?

Gangways clear. - They seem to be?

Move on people blocking views pitchside - again all in place

So now they are telling people they must move or stand. Sit down, no stand up, no sit down, no stand up, OOOOO Hokey cokey cokey....

So the club should talk to fans about standing... - have they?

Make sure a condition of entry is to sit. - LOL Thats ironic dont you think?

Gangways clear. - They seem to be?

Move on people blocking views pitchside - again all in place

So now they are telling people they must move or stand. Sit down, no stand up, no sit down, no stand up, OOOOO Hokey cokey cokey....

If they can't stop persistent standing they have to install safe standing, which is what I think has happened and is probably the reason why it's rushed.

The bottom line is that you appear not to disagree that safe standing is a good thing. You appear to accept that the back half of the north stand is the right place for it. I'm really not seeing the issue. You have the option to stay and see what it's like, you have option to move now and you probably have the option to move in the summer whichever rount you take for these seven games.

It's really not the end of the world is it?

Due to health problems neither of us can stand for very long
We are row K ,so quite happy to swap seats with those in front of us ( considered friends )although I can't see why they would want to stand either.
That being the case if we can still sit what kind of view can be seen with the railing in front. Is it eye-level or just needs a bit of shuffling the head around as we currently do with corners?

Due to health problems neither of us can stand for very long
We are row K ,so quite happy to swap seats with those in front of us ( considered friends )although I can't see why they would want to stand either.
That being the case if we can still sit what kind of view can be seen with the railing in front. Is it eye-level or just needs a bit of shuffling the head around as we currently do with corners?
It's not the railing that blocks the view Mossy, it's the person standing in front of it that you won't be able to see over.

I'm SAT in the Main Stand, non ST holder. A couple of friends in the NS are affected by this, they're really not happy. Like me, they're early 70's.
Used to stand in the old days but we much younger then and didn't care. Standing for nearly 2 hours was no big deal, benefit was that you could move about too if necessary.

I'm surprised that this hasn't happened close season so that people could understand what seat they were buying.
As someone has said already, if you try it out for the remaining games and you don't get on with 'safe standing' then the club should make sure that you get a similar view in another stand.

Although the club say not, I can see some ST holders moving from the NS to the available (that is non-ST) seats in the Main and East Stands. So even less of a choice of seats for people like myself. (I've now had two seats where I've been sat for a while, got to know people around me and then the club has allocated a ST holder to that seat - quite annoying).

I think it's also a way to move on the older fans so that younger folk go to games - as per Bill Foley's view that a lot of the crowd are his age. More money for Bill with a younger crowd as they'll spend more on food and drink and spend more in the shop.

I'm SAT in the Main Stand, non ST holder. A couple of friends in the NS are affected by this, they're really not happy. Like me, they're early 70's.
Used to stand in the old days but we much younger then and didn't care. Standing for nearly 2 hours was no big deal, benefit was that you could move about too if necessary.

I'm surprised that this hasn't happened close season so that people could understand what seat they were buying.
As someone has said already, if you try it out for the remaining games and you don't get on with 'safe standing' then the club should make sure that you get a similar view in another stand.

Although the club say not, I can see some ST holders moving from the NS to the available (that is non-ST) seats in the Main and East Stands. So even less of a choice of seats for people like myself. (I've now had two seats where I've been sat for a while, got to know people around me and then the club has allocated a ST holder to that seat - quite annoying).

I think it's also a way to move on the older fans so that younger folk go to games - as per Bill Foley's view that a lot of the crowd are his age. More money for Bill with a younger crowd as they'll spend more on food and drink and spend more in the shop.

Makes you wonder if there will be a massive change in the summer where people who don't sit in the upper north stand are give the option of moving there. This would give lots more choice to people who want to move out of that section as more seats will be available in other parts of the ground.

It's obviously a faff but I think this is what they should do. If it is oversubscribed then convert the rest of the NS to safe standing.

Makes you wonder if there will be a massive change in the summer where people who don't sit in the upper north stand are give the option of moving there. This would give lots more choice to people who want to move out of that section as more seats will be available in other parts of the ground.

It's obviously a faff but I think this is what they should do. If it is oversubscribed then convert the rest of the NS to safe standing.
Yes, I guess it works both ways as there's a section the the Ted Shed in the corner close to the away fans where they're pretty rowdy like parts of the NS.

Yes, I guess it works both ways as there's a section the the Ted Shed in the corner close to the away fans where they're pretty rowdy like parts of the NS.

They should try and get a block or two of safe standing in there if possible. Seems unlikely given the temp nature of the stand though.

I wonder if Jim Frevola still has the same enthusiasm to implement change as he did when he first joined. I can see it now in 2025/26 when they announce a new £100m all singing all dancing new stadium....

AFCB supporters: "so I've got to move seats again? Typical! I only just moved 25 years ago it's like musical bloody chairs with this club."
'What another move, I chose my seat in 2002'. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

;