Safe standing

This is brilliant news. Cannot wait until the next game. 4 days is easily long enough for those affected to get resolved for the game. There should be no argument about this, they knew it was coming and it will make the north stand better for everyone. Hopefully they will move to another area of the ground if they dont like it*

*yeah, sounds a bit sh*1 when written like that doesnt it? Welcome to the Handful of Days Notice club.

Weren't you moaning about people standing in these areas before? You should be happy.

I got an email today and it claims that I persistently have been standing!…this is a blatant lie…I was filmed/photographed by a Steward at the Luton game recently when I admit to standing up more due to the game itself being so incredible…I did spot the Stasi sorry Steward taking notes and pointing a camera my way…I have signed the document but am going to seek proof that I have been persistently standing because I have people around who will vouch for me.
I was blocking no one’s view or causing any obstructions as the Safe Standing is the row behind me..
The club maybe flexing their muscles but as a former Steward myself why the hell didn’t the person taking evidence just initially ask me to sit down…which I’m sure is what I would have done rather than reporting it back to the club?
I am hacked off so much that I will not spend anything at DC apart from my ST in future AFCB can do one!

I got an email today and it claims that I persistently have been standing!…this is a blatant lie…I was filmed/photographed by a Steward at the Luton game recently when I admit to standing up more due to the game itself being so incredible…I did spot the Stasi sorry Steward taking notes and pointing a camera my way…I have signed the document but am going to seek proof that I have been persistently standing because I have people around who will vouch for me.
I was blocking no one’s view or causing any obstructions as the Safe Standing is the row behind me..
The club maybe flexing their muscles but as a former Steward myself why the hell didn’t the person taking evidence just initially ask me to sit down…which I’m sure is what I would have done rather than reporting it back to the club?
I am hacked off so much that I will not spend anything at DC apart from my ST in future AFCB can do one!
This is a sorry thing to read.

This whole process could have started in July. A nice polite blanket letter to all supporters asking supporters to sit down, whilst consultation on safe standing begins. A reminder of the consequences should persistent standing take place in the upcoming season.

It sets the tone. It fools no one, everyone already knew you shouldn’t stand, but the club is seen as doing the right thing and supporters have fair warning, whilst knowing safe standing is coming in the future.

If anyone then stands it’s a fair accusation to make, supporters would be more understanding and accepting of the situation knowing that a better solution was in the pipeline. No ill feeling build up.

Better consultation may have found a way for the whole of block 15 to be safe standing from top to bottom or as close to it as possible. Other areas in say block 10-12 may not have needed to be converted. There’s a scenario where more people would have been pleased and welcoming of the changes and it could all have been celebrated.

Even those not in favour, may well have felt better for just being part of the process, especially if seat moves were more welcoming.

Together, anything is possible.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/reminder-fans-persistent-standing
This whole process could have started in July. A nice polite blanket letter to all supporters asking supporters to sit down, whilst consultation on safe standing begins. A reminder of the consequences should persistent standing take place in the upcoming season.

It sets the tone. It fools no one, everyone already knew you shouldn’t stand, but the club is seen as doing the right thing and supporters have fair warning, whilst knowing safe standing is coming in the future.

If anyone then stands it’s a fair accusation to make, supporters would be more understanding and accepting of the situation knowing that a better solution was in the pipeline. No ill feeling build up.

Better consultation may have found a way for the whole of block 15 to be safe standing from top to bottom or as close to it as possible. Other areas in say block 10-12 may not have needed to be converted. There’s a scenario where more people would have been pleased and welcoming of the changes and it could all have been celebrated.

Even those not in favour, may well have felt better for just being part of the process, especially if seat moves were more welcoming.

Something like this?

Alas! I’m not sure the club is together anymore off the pitch…sad but fans are slipping down the list over hospitality and extracting bucks!
Sad because this has left a bitter taste in my mouth

Agree with all of this.

Would be interesting if the club could give us figures on how many safe standing seats there are currently, how many already have ST holders in them and how many are available to your average punter.

Getting these pesky persistent standers into the designated area has to be a priority and should have been done already.

I now seem to have 2 seats next to me that are occupied by different people each week.
They don't necessarily want to stand, or sing and I'd far rather someone like Garbo next to me.
He wants to stand and sing and as far as I know, isn't the phantom farter.

How much consultation do people need to sit down? Just sit down.

The entire home ends at the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Palace, Everton, Liverpool, Villa, Chelsea and Wolves (and many more) stand for the entire game, and the seats are for the most part not safe standing. Thousands, probably 10k+ at the likes of United and villa standing in seated areas.

Are all those fans being threatened with bans? I know where my money would be.

The entire home ends at the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Palace, Everton, Liverpool, Villa, Chelsea and Wolves (and many more) stand for the entire game, and the seats are for the most part not safe standing. Thousands, probably 10k+ at the likes of United and villa standing in seated areas.

Are all those fans being threatened with bans? I know where my money would be.

Our club has implied that they have been forced into this. Strange all those other clubs haven't been.

Do you ever travel away? Do you sit down if you’re near the back?

I do yeah and I stand all game. I'm not saying that I agree with heavily enforcing the rules necessarily but it definitely doesn't need a consultation. People knew this was likely as soon as safe standing went in.

Weren't you moaning about people standing in these areas before? You should be happy.

Not at all. Ive moaned about the club handling this situation and used those that stand on in the far end block as part of that. Even now, the letter shows the club messed this up.

They originally said (along with the Trust) that they could either start sending out letters to ban people who persistently stand or they could introduce safe standing. But they did both in the end, except they put the standing areas where the majority of people sit (moving some on who had friends and family around them) and sent the banning letters to the area where most people stand,

Genius.

Not at all. Ive moaned about the club handling this situation and used those that stand on in the far end block as part of that. Even now, the letter shows the club messed this up.

They originally said (along with the Trust) that they could either start sending out letters to ban people who persistently stand or they could introduce safe standing. But they did both in the end, except they put the standing areas where the majority of people sit (moving some on who had friends and family around them) and sent the banning letters to the area where most people stand,

Genius.

Genius would be having safe standing all the way down to the front right next to seated sections and blocking their view of the corners. Loads of people sat down in that rear part but from where I sit it seems that despite the odd person who had to move that the vast majority are happy to stand. Despite all of the moaning on here it seems to have been a success other than some grumbles about stewards.

Really they should just convert the whole stand and let people move in and out in the summer.

I do yeah and I stand all game. I'm not saying that I agree with heavily enforcing the rules necessarily but it definitely doesn't need a consultation. People knew this was likely as soon as safe standing went in.
I’m not sure you’ve read my post correctly.

;