Sam Surridge

RobTrent - 3/4/2018 18:22

Much lower league but Brandon Goodship is scoring freely for Weymouth.

Brandon did ok for Yeovil in his loan spell there,a lot of people can't understand why he dropped that low to play for Weymouth.
I can't see him being there for too long.

As for Surridge,the next step for him has to be a Championship loan to see if he's the real deal.

redharry - 3/4/2018 15:09

That was an amazing scoreline, can just imagine Yeovil fans leaving the game in a complete daze and wondering if it really happened.
Good for Sam as well.

Especially as they lost their first game of the season something ridiculous like 7-2 if I remember rightly!

Oldham are interested in obtaining Surridge on loan.

Would be a good move for him if it comes off and gives him plenty of League matches.

Done deal.....did reasonably well it seems for Yeovil last season, let’s hope he gets plenty of game time and builds on that this season for Oldham. Not sure how many years left on his contract but he will be 21 this time next year so I would think at that point EH might have to make a call on whether he sees him as a future member of the first team squad or allow him to progress his career elsewhere on a permanent basis.

Seen Surridge in a few clips of Yeovil on South West Tv. Something about this young player tells me it would not take much to turn him into a PL player..decent skills and turn of pace. Perhaps needs some increase in physicality?

our other loan striker (I cant spell his name) has made a good start at Kilmarnock

He's had a decent enough start 5 in 6. Seems Preston are interested, they seem to want a permanent deal. Is that something we should do with a buy back clause, or maybe pay Oldham to end the loan early and send him to Championship instead. The higher level he's playing at the better really

I see Oldham players are threatening to strike and refused to train yesterday, as they have still not received their September wages .

I'm hoping we can pull him back in January especially given Preston's reported interest, rather him playing at as high a level as possible. Though if that is a jump too far it could damage confidence. Lg2 and Lg1 are much of a muchness I think, so why not Championship if he's doing this well

I first saw Sam play for the under 18's before he went out on loan to Poole Town and was impressed by his pace and movement. Young Jake Scrimshaw is a similar sort of number 9 to Sam so we are starting to produce quality youngsters from our recruitment.

Once we get our Category 1 or 2 Academy up and running we won't have to send these good lads out on loan as we will be playing competitive under 21 and 23 games on a weekly basis.

I first saw Sam play for the under 18's before he went out on loan to Poole Town and was impressed by his pace and movement. Young Jake Scrimshaw is a similar sort of number 9 to Sam so we are starting to produce quality youngsters from our recruitment.

Once we get our Category 1 or 2 Academy up and running we won't have to send these good lads out on loan as we will be playing competitive under 21 and 23 games on a weekly basis.

Lets hope so Paul, I really really hope so

We won't get category 1. It's a closed shop, deliberately as laid out in the plans of the guy who designed the category system.

Category 2 would be possible when we have the training complex complete.

Meanwhile, fingers crossed Surridge turns out to be a real asset for us. Keep the development going young man!

We won't get category 1. It's a closed shop, deliberately as laid out in the plans of the guy who designed the category system.

Category 2 would be possible when we have the training complex complete.

Meanwhile, fingers crossed Surridge turns out to be a real asset for us. Keep the development going young man!
A real asset?!?!
How much can we get for him? Enough to pay for the lighting in the new stadium?

...we are besotted with the new stadium haven't you heard the news!!

...anyway good to see Sam learning his trade and getting recognised for his efforts...who knows he could be the next Jayden Stockley?

;