Sam Surridge

Get him back, have a look at him in training for a week or two to see the progression made and probably farm him out higher up the league....Pompey would be a good loan.

I see that Surridge is 6' 3", even taller than Solanke and towering over Wilson and even King. Also note that Eddie bought Solanke in part for his height. All very interesting - I wonder if Surridge will be part of Eddie's efforts to improve our effectiveness in front of goal, where we're missed so many chances in recent months, including many decent crosses, notably from Fraser??

I see that Surridge is 6' 3", even taller than Solanke and towering over Wilson and even King. Also note that Eddie bought Solanke in part for his height. All very interesting - I wonder if Surridge will be part of Eddie's efforts to improve our effectiveness in front of goal, where we're missed so many chances in recent months, including many decent crosses, notably from Fraser??

And improving our defence of corners?

We must be one of the shortest teams in the league. It sure wouldn't hurt to have a striker who knows how to score and can get above defenders.

We must be one of the shortest teams in the league. It sure wouldn't hurt to have a striker who knows how to score and can get above defenders.
For the shortest team in the league, we do seem to have a very good record of:-

A) Scoring from set pieces
B) Not conceding from set pieces*

*I know we let one in v Brighton but with all the changes, marking schemes would have been a bit all over the place

According to one of those indices on footy websites we're the second-smallest team in the PL after Man City, with Watford the tallest. Now with Francis out - and Solanke yet to play - we must be "top" of this table.

For the shortest team in the league, we do seem to have a very good record of:-

A) Scoring from set pieces
B) Not conceding from set pieces*

*I know we let one in v Brighton but with all the changes, marking schemes would have been a bit all over the place
That just shows we're a good team.
I don't think extra height would make us worse!
(*as long as it's not height for height's sake)

Think it was twittered that he’s coming back to be loaned out to Pompey. Would be a good move. Brings him nearer to us and his family and he will be playing for a promotion chasing team. Will be a great test for him if that is indeed the case ! Good luck to him wherever he ends up.
:utc:

But Surridge was only on the bench until the 61st minute at L4 Oldham!!

He's only made 11 appearances for Oldham of which 6 were from the bench.

He had a long spell out injured. Before that he scored six in six, or something similar, and has only just got back up to match fitness. I would also imagine Oldham knew he was coming back so preferred to give the game time to other players yesterday.

I think it's highly unlikely he'll be coming back to get involved here just yet. Still, he did well at Oldham.

I think you will find that youth football, even pro youth, is a long long way short of semi pro league footy and a million miles away from PL.

Think it was twittered that he’s coming back to be loaned out to Pompey. Would be a good move. Brings him nearer to us and his family and he will be playing for a promotion chasing team. Will be a great test for him if that is indeed the case ! Good luck to him wherever he ends up.
:utc:
Would he then be in competition with Pitman? Weird!

Isn't he getting game time with Poole
No, I go there when I can to shoot the games. I've been there about three times and each time he has been on the bench. Wasn't there Saturday but just checked the match day squads and he wasn't even on the bench! Injured? I don't know.

;