Sam Surridge

Here it comes...:loser:

....3 minutes on for Stoke....then moves ahead of Solanke & Co in the Championship scoring chart ..putting him and his 'awful club' closer to the PL than We !
I apologize for rating the bloke any tad above average !
But of course he wasn't suited to the much vaunted " Bournemouth Way"...Boscombe perhaps ? ..but not Bournemouth! :whist:

Here it comes...:loser:

....3 minutes on for Stoke....then moves ahead of Solanke & Co in the Championship scoring chart ..putting him and his 'awful club' closer to the PL than We !
I apologize for rating the bloke any tad above average !

wots your point?

Howe, Tindall, Woodgate and now Parker didn't rate him as highly as Solanke, for the way we try to play and I can see why. For the money that was offered, a good move for all and I hope he does really well at Stoke.

sam better in a more direct style esp with 2 upfront - less so in the solanke solo role working with attacking midfielders

For F√ck Sake a Goal is a Goal...man ( Sam) get into position in attacking mode..man get ball into net...NewStokeMans team get 3 points for circa 2 minutes of his time on swampy turf....not a bad investment so far...OK it could go tits up for said Sam man...but his team be 2 points in front of the DC Galacticos...:smoke:

Will be interesting to see what happens when Tyrese Campbell is fit again. Some Stokies are rubbing their hands at the thought of those 2 playing together. I guess it all depends on O'Neil playing 2 up front. Stoke could be a strong challenger this season, apparently Allen is playing in a different position and is looking more like his old self. The only cloud on their horizon is the defence, which they reckon is as dodgy as hell.

Spoke to a tourist MC fan yesterday at the beach who reckons Ake ain't 'decisive enough' or forceful enough at that high end level to be a regular for them..although he did say he was handy for 'injury back up' ( his words) Now.. we see him as God !

People like Surridge..without the big money aura/attachment are just hastily analysed as useless because they don't fit ' the Bournemouth way'...its got to a point of Snobbery from a large chunk of 'fans' .

And another thing..." WBA..another team of ' bruisers '. among 15 or so other teams of that type we are likely to meet"...these things it seems are always said if we drop a point or 3 !
Maybe a bit of 'woke' vaccination wouldnt go amiss around the Kings Park pine trees !

Last edited:
And yet for two players of a very similar age, who has the more goals?
Agreed but varying playing time. I also think that starting matches is more preferable to players than getting the last 10minutes and trying to get into the tempo of a match.
We'll never know but if Sam had been given the game time Solanke has I believe Sam would have more goals than Dom.

Agreed but varying playing time. I also think that starting matches is more preferable to players than getting the last 10minutes and trying to get into the tempo of a match.
We'll never know but if Sam had been given the game time Solanke has I believe Sam would have more goals than Dom.

You earn game time and Sam hasn’t done that under various managers and teams. Even out on loan he hasn’t been a regular starter and that’s because up until now he hasn’t offered enough in his all round game.

Spoke to a tourist MC fan yesterday at the beach who reckons Ake ain't 'decisive enough' or forceful enough at that high end level to be a regular for them..although he did say he was handy for 'injury back up' ( his words) Now.. we see him as God !

People like Surridge..without the big money aura/attachment are just hastily analysed as useless because they don't fit ' the Bournemouth way'...its got to a point of Snobbery from a large chunk of 'fans' .

And another thing..." WBA..another team of ' bruisers '. among 15 or so other teams of that type we are likely to meet"...these things it seems are always said if we drop a point or 3 !
Maybe a bit of 'woke' vaccination wouldnt go amiss around the Kings Park pine trees !

sounds like the the sort of bloke (sexist assumption) who would say "premiership". his views are irrelevant. (elitist snobbery)

You earn game time and Sam hasn’t done that under various managers and teams. Even out on loan he hasn’t been a regular starter and that’s because up until now he hasn’t offered enough in his all round game.
Difficult to accuse him of that without full inside knowledge . Rock and a hard place , needs experience but not enough experience to start. I also think loan players , being what the nature of their move is, are not always given the full chance at the loan clubs. On the whole I think Dom has been exceptionally lucky to have been given the number of chances to prove himself although that is predominantly down to the fact that we have been ridiculously short of strikers/ forwards. I don't see Dom being the man to fire us to the top of the league and beyond. If we want to play over the top and chase football then we need a quick , pacy out and out striker not a lolloper.
Opinions are opinions but for me Dom gets an A for effort but a D for ability

;