Sheff utd - The Verdict.

I wonder when Cook will replace Franno in the centre with Ake?

I assume he's fully fit. Hasn't he had three / two games on the bench now.

Franno has had some good games recently but didn't think today was one of them. Cook back in I say ..... although we all know who Eddie's friend is.

Interesting spat between Wilder and Surman. Apparently Wilder claims Surman mistakingly thought he was shielding the ball behind him stopping a quick throw.

True enough but some are saying we didn't put a shift in, this proves we did. I actually thought he wasn't too bad overall either but his first touch has never been a strong point!

Lets face it, he's a Championship player, not PL. And that's the problem isn't it, too many players out there today who just aren't PL standard. Gosling, Francis, Surman. Then he takes off two players who do have PL quality and played well and brings on Stanislas and Solanke, two more players who wouldn't get into a PL side.

Lets face it, he's a Championship player, not PL. And that's the problem isn't it, too many players out there today who just aren't PL standard. Gosling, Francis, Surman. Then he takes off two players who do have PL quality and played well and brings on Stanislas and Solanke, two more players who wouldn't get into a PL side.

Disappointing to not get a point at least but tough opponents in tough conditions. Need a win at Burnley now but nature of the two goals conceded will give Burnley hope.

Solanke needs so much time to settle himself before shooting he just never gets round to it. He goes to wide or is dispossessed. If he has the ball in a dangerous area I just feel deflated. When he came on there was no way we would get an equaliser

I wonder when Cook will replace Franno in the centre with Ake?

I assume he's fully fit. Hasn't he had three / two games on the bench now.

Franno has had some good games recently but didn't think today was one of them. Cook back in I say ..... although we all know who Eddie's friend is.
The problem with Cook is in a vital relegation match he had a complete brain fart and then against Arsenal his performance was school boy standard.

Ironically he might be a good choice for the aerial bombardment at Burnley but TBH I trust Franno more at the moment

I'm not sure Eddie has a clue what to do with So Lankey. Its a little bit like when he didn't know what to do with Mousset prior to us selling him on.

The Luton goal certainly doesn't seem to have buoyed his confidence.

According to BBC Sport website they had 16 shots to our 10 and 6 on target to our 2. Also 8 corners to 4, which I think tells the whole story. We had our moments, just not enough of them. I didn't think we played badly, but I did think they played with more desire and energy for more time than we did. Lerma aside, we're not a physical team and are often bullied by teams like Sheffield, Burnley and Watford. Having said that we could easily have got a draw but for the usual AFCB luck - Sharp scores only his 2nd goal all season, both against us. I've lost count now of the players who've only scored against us and a couple of other teams.

According to BBC Sport website they had 16 shots to our 10 and 6 on target to our 2. Also 8 corners to 4, which I think tells the whole story. We had our moments, just not enough of them. I didn't think we played badly, but I did think they played with more desire and energy for more time than we did. Lerma aside, we're not a physical team and are often bullied by teams like Sheffield, Burnley and Watford. Having said that we could easily have got a draw but for the usual AFCB luck - Sharp scores only his 2nd goal all season, both against us. I've lost count now of the players who've only scored against us and a couple of other teams.
We're a generous team.

It looked promising right up until 5 minutes before half time.

Now here is the bit you are not going to like.

Our rolling around, going to ground added time for them to score.
We were shocking with our so called game management.

The rolling around was a shame to watch.

How the hell Sheff Utd are in the top 5. Bang average with muscle that would turn Phillip Schofield's eyes.

2nd half, out muscled again. Lack of movement and creativity.

Not saying we played bad by any stretch, but some of out tactics are embarrassing.

A little break and maybe another player or two back.
We need the rest.
And today we hv dearly paid for the Mousset sale.Coming in at the end to just finish us!

I am a massive critic of Surman but i thought he was the best of our poor midfield today,moved the ball quickly and intelligently when he got it.
As for Gosling and Billing,id rather see creativity and intelligent use of the ball than running around a lot.Billing especially was back to his languid best,i didnt really know he was on the pitch second half.
If Lewis Cook cant get in the side above those three,there is something seriously wrong.
Not sure why Solanke is getting a slagging,he was hardly on the pitch,and not sure he even touched the ball.

Hi
Interesting assessment just now on Radio 5 ... quite sympathetic, no “tinpot” etc rubbish. Key points:

- Eddie’s getting everything a manager can expect in terms of effort and commitment;

- most performances have nonetheless been stale and ineffectual;

- the management has not “freshened up” the squad and is paying the price;

- next games are tough and we’re on the slide.

Losing to SheffU by a goal is no disgrace - others have fared worse. But the general points above are correct. Biggest mistake - not recruiting a couple of experienced heads in January. Stubborn Eddie - convinced he could revitalise the squad on the training pitch. But every team needs new blood ... and we missed the crucial opportunity.

To use the hyped language used elsewhere. we’ve lost ONE game in the last THREE!!!!!

:utc:

[QUOTE="
I'm also not so annoyed as Al with supposed 'rolling around'. Every time it was a foul. And as the away team, against a determined set of players and a noisy crowd, I don't think it was daft to slow the game down. Especially when we were leading.

Don't be daft Al. Was nothing like you are trying to pretend it was.

;