Sheff utd - The Verdict.

All about opinions.
I thought we were a big fat f*****g disgrace. (Not performance wise, cheating wise)
The sort of team we have moaned about and hated over the years,
Stoke, Cardiff, WBA amongst others.

Don't be daft Al. Was nothing like you are trying to pretend it was.[/QUOTE]

EH?

We were disgusting.
The type of cheating that drives many fans wild.

I think we overreacted as a direct result of not getting the genuine fouls that were occurring. They were very physical, and not with any subtlety, I think Moss actually had quite a good reffing game today all things considered.

i dont think any of the players went down faking contact, some might of stayed down a bit longer then required, maybe in the players head the only way to get a decision from that ref was to stay down. there was alot of kick and pushes and players holding us back that didnt go punished and the tv were only replaying when sheff utd were awarded a free kick because they are the new fairy tell story, countless time their fullback was pulling on fraser but he didnt get a decision (or go down rolling around)

When we pressed them high we looked like a team with purpose.
Then we sat back and let them come on to us and the shape went belly up.
What oh why didn’t we just keep the pressing game instead of trying to keep them out.
It was us who changed the game plan and it fell into their hands.
also our substitutions made no difference.
‘points dropped today that were there for the taking.

Can’t argue with that has cost us a number of points.
Looking at today’s game I am sure another goal was on the cards for us with the way we started to play getting down the flanks and channels and then as if a wand was waived we changed style. Strange

Can’t argue with that has cost us a number of points.
Looking at today’s game I am sure another goal was on the cards for us with the way we started to play getting down the flanks and channels and then as if a wand was waived we changed style. Strange
why is it we changed our style? rather then sheff utd started to play and we were forced back? i admit we sat too deep but they were good in some of their play and won nearly every ball in midfield which kept forcing us back so we had everyone defending and no out ball

Funny how we all see games so differently. I thought that was such a better performance and a return somewhere near to the Bournemouth of old. I think the reception of the away fans said a lot, in comparison to Norwich away. Yes we lost and I suppose that’s all that matters to most. I’ll gladly support the team in whatever division if they play like they did for most of today’s match. I thought Francis and Ake were good today, both making vital headed clearances and blocks. Surman did well in the space he was given 1st half and Rico continues to improve. Wee man made some great runs (without shooting when well placed) and but for a great save would have scored. Harry Wilson drifted into midfield to good effect and Callum took his goal well and held up the ball well.
it’s unlike me to be positive but I feel a little more optimistic even after defeat. I don’t agree with the “it’s only Sheffield and they’re s##t. there's a reason Sheffield are 5th in the table and we matched them for most of the game.
well done everyone for getting there (and hopefully back) safely. Our fans gave excellent backing. If we’re going down, then at least we’re going down singing and shouting.

I'd rather we stayed on our feet a bit better.

I hope Rico's recovered, shrieking like a big girl and then getting up on his feet a minute later. Can you Imagine doing that down Duck Lane back in the day ? You'd never live it down in the pub afterwards.
Especially when the replay showed minimal contact. A bit embarrassing !

In my opinion we sat back and our defensive line was too deep: just outside our box. This gave them time do deliver balls into our box. Same happened first half hour against Brighton. If we pressed high we could hold a higher defensive line and put pressure on their pass. Which is what we did against Villa when we had 11 on the pitch. It also means when we win the ball we are only one or two passes from getting a shot in. I know this leaves us more open to a counter attack but I think it suits our player.

Francis and Smith not a good defensive combination. Ake can't do it all on his own his combination with Cook was good. As for bringing on both Solanke and Stanislas what do they offer. Let Brett give Solanke some coaching on control of the ball although Pulis was right it bounces off him.

We looked pretty good first 25 minutes almost opening them up at will but then got pushed back too easily. If only we could have held out until halftime I think we would have won it.

Just annoying we let them waltz through from a throw in. Up until that point I thought a draw or even a sucker punch victory was on the cards.

Nonsense. Lys has scored 2 goals less than Callum this season. The same Callum Wilson half our fans wanted dropping for an unproven youngster. He was never going to get many starts for us and was out of contract. Not selling him for that price would have been crazy
Yes but he's scored 6 more than solanke

Surman just looked like he was trying to get the ball, unjustified yellow imo
That's how I saw it .... it looked like they kicked it out, then the bench wouldn't give the ball back, caused mayhem when Surman tried to get it back and guess who got the throw?
To cap it all off, I've just heard him say he got frustrated because of our antics! Well, they cheated us there!

Thought Sheff U were ok but not a team that looked invincible. They were ok but we were better first 30 mins, could have won, actually should have won with several chances, but for the terrible ability to utilise final ball. Tbh Billing should have scored at least one, mistimed a cert volley into net just after ko after first goal and didn’t for whatever reason only known to him head the ball after Fraser’s great cross in 2nd half.

;