Simon Francis

I don't get why Franno gets so much stick on here. I think he's awesome, one of our best defenders, and going forward. All this clap trap about heading, who does Begovic always kick to on the half way line from goal kicks, Franno. We're a million miles away from replacing him anytime soon, and way more than a squad player as some describe him as!

Yes,but you need a leader,if a goal is conceded by a mistake,Francis nearly always throws his hands in the air and moans at other players.You need someone to say,come on lads,not whinge at them.Hes played well but to me he's not a leader.
Yes, I do agree, and also agree that Cookie would make a very good captain. But for more reasons than geeing up the players and crowd.

It’s often said that the captain is the manager’s representative on the pitch. Therefore they are often in the same mould as the manager. Eddie isn’t a shouty angry manager so it could be hypothesised that he doesn’t want a shouty, arm waving, angry captain. Maybe he prefers the silent, more cerebral type.

Francis has made less mistakes than Cook this season, but the bell cheeses behind my seat when I went a few weeks ago shouted get him off the first time he touched the ball. I honestly don't get the hate for Surman and Francis when they constantly put in 6.5-7/10 performances, whereas other players can put in 7.5-8/10 or Rantie style performances.

Francis has been a terriffic asset to the club. But as always time takes it toll. He is now losing his pace and we really must look to replace him, certainly next season. No doubt he would an excellent squad member to supplement when injuries occurr.

He was a squad member at the start of the season. It was Smith having to switch to left back that brought him in after Rico struggled a little and there have been other injuries ever since. That’s a sign Eddie sees him as a squad player..

Whilst on the subject of our best headers of the ball!!
How good is Rico? I though his ability to find team mates with his head at the weekend a real cut above anyone else in the first team.

Looked a bad one, his knee having bent the wrong way, stretchered off in tears.

He's 34 in February. Not only does that make recovery harder and longer than for say Lewis Cook and Adam Smith, but how much more time at top level would Franno have left to give upon his return next season?

The need for some fresh blood on the right side of the defence has never been greater.

He's still got the Premier-League quality in him, he's been in good form recently and it's devastating for not only him but for all of us. There's no need to be pessimistic about it, yes he's 34 in February but his technicality is excellent

Looked a bad one, his knee having bent the wrong way, stretchered off in tears.

He's 34 in February. Not only does that make recovery harder and longer than for say Lewis Cook and Adam Smith, but how much more time at top level would Franno have left to give upon his return next season?

The need for some fresh blood on the right side of the defence has never been greater.

See how bad it is first. He was struggling with his groin a couple of weeks ago, we all thought Smith would miss the rest of the season. But I agree age isn’t on his side and it makes it harder.

;