Simon Francis

The cynic in me wants to suggest that our 33 year old captain, who has been doing all our running all season, was brought back too quickly from an injury and has also been overused across the season. Should have been "taking it easier" at CB not running himself ragged blasting up and down the wing.

I think the Brighton result may have papered over the cracks a bit. There are still a lot of games to go...

It reminded me a bit of Michael Owens in the World Cup . A sudden direction change through a planted leg.
I really hope it’s not too bad but fear the severity based on what we saw on the pitch.
The pain seemed beyond that of an average ACL from what I know (which isn’t a great deal)

Wish him all the best - been one of our most consistent players this season so we will miss him.

Thought Smith ahead of schedule so thought start of February was more likely?

Unfortunately we haven’t replaced the Marc Wilson type squad member who can play right back or right centre half so may be 3 at the back with wing backs is the way to go now ?

Admittedly I am no medical expert, but surprised franno got the scan today as I thought you wait for swelling to go down first so normally wait a couple of days. Does that provide a clue to the nature of the injury?

Agree it could well be the end for him if it is cruciate knee ligament.....very soon there will be one left out of 'that' team...:(....i know it happens to every team but even so its quite a sad thought.
That would be an extremely cruel way to end a fine career. Let's see if it is not as bad as that.

EH said yesterday that it looked serious. I really hope it’s not but do fear the worst. He’s been a rock over the years and you never know how much you miss players until they are unavailable. Best wishes Franno for a speedy recovery.

;