Southampton v AFC Bournemouth

I can see why saints are favourites given our record at st mary’s. Even a lot of Afcb fans fear the worst. Just hope we get a decent start as it usually takes us to half time to start playing there. If we do go behind though the pressure will be on saints not to screw up again after recent results

Judge a player on how good he is? -yeah that's the first consideration obviously Derek but then because we are all different we add our own ideas and experiences into the mix, sometimes ill-judged, sometimes not. I gave up years ago applying a filter to what I say. I just put it down and as you once told me, don't worry how people respond!

A few years back I was in charge of a factory department , with Poles and Cornishmen working on two separate areas of machines. The Poles were producing 3 times the output of the others, so I decided to mix them together with great results. The attitudes of the younger Polish guys influenced the team as a whole. However, one of them actually explained to me that, as you stated, only those with good work ethics come over here not lazy types.
I think you can, to some degree at least, judge attitudes on origins. In my time in the Navy I remember Scots and Geordies being far more up for it generally and usually ahead in the promotion stakes.

Sorry Bill but you are well out of order. By what you've said I'd expect you to think that Drew Surman would have an attitude problem and be a big risk. Is that right? Is that your expectation of him?

You'd make a dreadful manager Bill. Whilst you're checking birth certificates of players to make sure they come from countries with a history of great players, a manager who only cares about talent will turn up with a team of Gareth Bale, Mo Salah, George Weah and George Best types and smash your Dutch cloggers to bits.

Surman is from South Africa, a country with heavy Dutch influence and vastly different people from the much hotter African Nations further up. He is one of best we've ever had in my 50+ years of support!

Derek -I don't want to be a football manager, I just enjoy observing and chucking opinions around for fun! And your getting to the 'crux' of it, not me. We all want the same in the end - a successful bunch of Cherries!

Don't need backing up - I'm happy to go it alone - but if I need him i will ask,- he prefers rugby though and can't stand footbal!

Aint you ALL bored with me yet tonight- if not I must be an entertainment in the absence of anything else!

Last edited:
I am wary of him- he plays wheelchair football, is hard as nails and takes no prisoners! A very brainy bloke who is great to converse with!

Last edited:
On dear! I'm suddenly not the centre of many attentions. I have to find a racist comment from my naughty boy scriptbook and start on my missus! She didn't do the women's washing up earlier ! Lazy Minx! I spect there's some Isle of Wight or Portland DNA in there somewhere! Is that racist? Ooohhhh! I'm not doing the F###ing washing up- I'm not a modern man in a pinny innit!

Last edited:
My “favorite subject “really ? Your the one with form mate ..... ooh I bet your feeling so nice and virtuous right now .

We've both got form... I don't think certain views should go unchallenged on a public forum that indirectly represents the club... you get upset when anyone dares criticise people for what many would regard as controversial views.

You also seem to think I've called you racist in the past, which I haven't. You're quite sensitive about the topic though. :unsure:

;