Southampton v AFC Bournemouth

Very remote worse case scenario just so we know:
If Saints beat us and Everton and Swansea- 38 points +then a better goal diff!
All the others get to 39 .
Swansea- win v Chelsea and Stoke and a point or three v Us - 40/42
We might need a result at Burnley!!
Bugger this i'm going to mow the lawn!
I hope your lawn isn't wet when you clip it..

We've both got form... I don't think certain views should go unchallenged on a public forum that indirectly represents the club... you get upset when anyone dares criticise people for what many would regard as controversial views.

You also seem to think I've called you racist in the past, which I haven't. You're quite sensitive about the topic though. :unsure:

Well you have called me a racist in the past and just the fact that you have forgotten shows how freely you throw around just about the worse insult you can give someone .

As for this new thing of yours of claiming it’s all about the reputation of the club , what a load of total ******************************** .Bill made one innocuous comment which would have been lost in the rest of his free flow ranting but you had to make a big thing of it, look ,look what Bill said ..” represents the club” my **************** you just love a bit of holier than thou virtue signaling .

Having said that Bill does seem to have a friend for every occasion just like Al .. must be a navy thing :)

I've only ever called Pogo and Reservoir_red racist on here - they are the only two that post racist stuff. I think you see what you want mate.

New thing? If you can be arsed looking back for when I called you racist you might have a look at my fall outs with reservoir - it's no new thing.

Even if it wasn't about dodgy views being linked to the club - what's the problem with going after someone for their views? We're all fair game for what we post.

Thanks for that Wallmouth, a fair and pretty accurate assessment of my traits! The reason I appear to have ' a friend for every occasion 'is that I have mixed in many social areas, travelled a lot ,read many books and took an interest in many aspects of life; The Navy thing lasted 25 years so must have some bearing on my character. I am fairly adept at dealing with verbal and physical bullies.( I'm only 5ft 6 so have to use words mainly!) You seem to be intelligent and fair- minded! My only criticism of Derek is that he gets so serious and confrontational sometimes but he has also some good views on things!

Last edited:
DEFENDER Steve Cook wants Cherries to become the dominant force on the south coast.

Cook is set to be part of Eddie Howe’s squad when Cherries lock horns with Southampton on Saturday (3pm) knowing victory would secure their Premier League status for next season.

Cherries have not finished above Saints in the league since 1959, having been pipped by the St Mary’s outfit on goal difference last season.

And with the 27-year-old’s former club Brighton also in the mix for south coast supremacy, Cook is keen for Cherries to establish themselves as the best club in the region.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sp..._become_the_south_coast__39_s_dominant_force/

STRIKER Callum Wilson is eager for Cherries to secure Premier League safety by overcoming derby rivals Southampton at St Mary’s on Saturday (3pm).

Victory for Eddie Howe’s men would ensure they remained a top-flight club for a fourth consecutive season, while defeat for relegation-threatened Saints would plunge them further in trouble.

Cherries, who have claimed 38 points, need wins from their final three games to surpass last season’s club record Premier League points total of 46.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sp...d_ensure_Cherries__39__Premier_League_safety/

More than happy with that comment Derek! I suppose that's the whole point of the forum really! This week is really dragging due to the expectations of Saturday!

More than happy with that comment Derek! I suppose that's the whole point of the forum really! This week is really dragging due to the expectations of Saturday!

It's like an international week because I'm trying to forget about the game. Can't see us winning tbh, nothing to do with the relative merits of the teams just that I think we're destined to not beat them there. Those two games in 2010 scarred me.

It is widely reported that the phrase originates from the town of Ashbourne, Derbyshire, England. There, since as early as the 12th century, two teams from opposite ends of the town play a rough and tumble football/rugby type of game called the Royal Shrovetide Football Match. The match is between the 'uppers' and the 'downers' - townspeople from opposite sides of the river that runs through the town. The object of the game is to get a painted leather ball into the opposition's goal by fair means or foul. You might get a flavour of the scene from the fact that the goals are three miles apart and that one of the (few) rules is that 'unnecessary' violence is frowned upon. This type of game used to be common on feast days throughout England, and this example is still played out annually at Ashbourne.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/235375.html
Very interesting!
Reminds me of this story about our friend Tuppy (from Jeeves and Wooster) (starts at about 3:35)

IAD- what the bloody he'll are you going on about? 1970s racial stereotyping! What an earth has any of this got to do with the 1970s?Us oldies are actually alive in the present day as well. We are only dead when we are dead! HaHa ( or is it LOL) FFs! Our comments are about now!

Good news regarding smithy. Shame him and Junior are both essential to the team and the way it plays IMHO, no surprise we have looked like we miss a bit of X factor when they are both out.

Think this should read “come too soon”

CHERRIES: This weekend comes too for @AdamSmith912, but he’s “progressing well” #afcb #SOUBOU

;