Steve Cook

That’s the third bizarre handball by cookie - Cardiff and Norwich away games for us and now today vs spurs.

Last edited:
Typical Cook, relatively solid game with odd moment of madness thrown in. I’m still convinced that his best levels were better than Ake’s, just Ake was far more consistent and didn’t have this tendency to completely lose his head at certain moments.

relatively solid?
that's rich coming from someone who analysed every mistake he'd made for a whole season that resulted in a goal and delighted in sharing it with the class

desperate re-education just because he now plays for your beloved notts forest

relatively solid?
that's rich coming from someone who analysed every mistake he'd made for a whole season that resulted in a goal and delighted in sharing it with the class

desperate re-education just because he now plays for your beloved notts forest
Did you miss the bit where I followed it up with ‘the odd moment of madness.’ Cook has always been one of these players that will look solid for large parts of the game but will then make a costly error that leads to a goal. A big problem for a centre back obviously. It’s why he never got an England cap during an era where the likes of Dunk, Keane and Tarkowski all did.

Just the desire to win at all costs.

How we miss that.

Should never have........

If he did that today playing for us there would be post after post saying he wasnt up to prem standards.

Let’s not forget his part in that 6-0 drubbing at Norwich last season.

It is regretful how things panned out and I always preferred he stayed to the end of last season. I think though leaving has given his career a bit of a kick start and I am pleased he is doing well. A real afcb legend who was fantastic for us.

Did you miss the bit where I followed it up with ‘the odd moment of madness.’ Cook has always been one of these players that will look solid for large parts of the game but will then make a costly error that leads to a goal. A big problem for a centre back obviously. It’s why he never got an England cap during an era where the likes of Dunk, Keane and Tarkowski all did.

Yep, in your former guise you listed every error Steve Cook made in the 20/21 championship season and it was very lengthy to be fair to you. I’d have happily kept him though.

I would have Cookie back in a heartbeat.

A leader that the team needs, desperately.

:utc:

I'd also have him back but the idea that he was a leader/motivator doesn't bare any relation to the facts. His last two full seasons with us, one of which he was captain for, were the most gutless we've seen from AFCB in recent years. He always gave his all but he hardly lead the team to glory did he? Their confidence completely collapsed twice.

Reactions: drd
I'd also have him back but the idea that he was a leader/motivator doesn't bare any relation to the facts. His last two full seasons with us, one of which he was captain for, were the most gutless we've seen from AFCB in recent years. He always gave his all but he hardly lead the team to glory did he? Their confidence completely collapsed twice.

I am gobsmacked that you disagree with me.................................oh no wait, you always disagree with me.

My opinion, your opinion, just different, always!

;