Steve Cook

I tend to agree

Tommy Elphick was the last leader we had playing for us

I actually think Franno was a lot better than people gave him credit for in this regard.

Funnily enough this has always been an area people have said we are lacking, if you search for 'leadership' or 'captain' in the thread title there are dozens of threads going back years. I suspect every club is the same rather than us being particularly unusual.

Wish Lewis Cook was given a go. He has all the attributes
I agree.
I would imagine that his multiple long-term injuries stood in the way of this happening sooner.
As of today, I think he is probably the best candidate we have.
For me Kelly is too quiet and probably needs to focus more on his own game than other matters. I think Lewis, given a run as captain, could make a difference out on the pitch when the going gets tough. I'd give him a go.

The thing about Cook is that they got rid of him but have never bought anyone better and judging by Cookies reaction to the news that was obviously down to Parker.

Cook seemed to really enjoy it there last season when they had a tight knit group.

He’s probably just thinking WTF like everyone else is now. They’ve gone from having a tight knit group of players who worked as a well oiled unit to a team full of strangers purchased from here there and everywhere. Also interesting that their manager had agreed a new deal in June but it still isn’t signed yet. Think their owner may have been playing real life football manager and the senior football people at their club aren’t too impressed.

Feel a bit for Surridge too, finally gets a run in a team for the first time ever and is absolutely clinical. Only to be rewarded by his club buying about 5 new forwards in the next window. I know his dad is a tit but it’s not his fault.

;