Steve Cook

Yet he was quick enough going forward, go figure. As to spurs, we can play whoever we want at full back, Moura will be quicker than them. The bloke’s absolutely rapid!

Did he go past anyone from a standing start? No. Knockaert went past Ake from standing starts.

Edit: Just to say I do believe Ake is the best player to ever play for us, but his pace exposes him at left back.

Where i was ,people were singing "Steve Cooks to good for you" so kind of replacing Marc Pugh for that song.
I would favour this

Number one is Steve Cook
Number two is Steve Cook
Number three is Steve Cook
Etc etc
We all support Steve Cooks football team etc
To the tune of yellow submarine of course.

Its a bit long and one for pre match i reckon haha

There was nothing deceptive about it yesterday, he was slower than nearly everyone that ran at him. Someone like Fraser would have him on toast. If he's left back against Spurs, you'll see if they play Moura out wide.

When Scotland played Holland Fraser did fly past ake a few times. Thought yesterday was flexible enough for ake to be a central defender and Fraser wing back or conventional back four or just three at the back after the red card!

Back to Cookie, felt he was really missed vs Burnley. I love how mad he gets when we score, pushing players and geeing up fans. Thought there was some some genuine feeling for the fans yesterday by the players including Fraser. Perhaps they felt guilty over recent weeks? Nice to see quite a few home fans clap him toowhen he was subbed.

The fans tried to give their all to him but its hard when he still doesn'tesnt have a proper chant !

How about, to the tune of Callum Wilson goal machine.....

He only cost 300 grand, Cookie, Cookie
He scores more goals than Afobe, Cookie, Cookie
He plays in defence for Eddie
With his Dutch mate Nathan Ake,
Steven Cookie, Bournemouth’s number 3

The good thing with Aké at LB is it gets Cook back in his preferred LCB position. And we still keep the long established partnership with Aké playing to the left of Cook

What a day :cheers:

Cookie deserves a thread of his own. He was Immense and suddenly we look to have regained the composure that we lacked without him. Clearly he is a massive part of the squad, (well we knew that )but bloody hell what a turn around. The scenes at the end were brilliant. The team stepped up, with Cookie at the heart of it. They all stepped up, bloody hell it was amazing , just one of those days that will live long in the memory.

Brilliant performance, great support.

Spot on this. Cook makes a huge difference - worth his weight in gold when you compare the team to last week's leaderless rabble.

I’m assuming he’s injured, but I haven’t seen him or the club commenting on whether he is or not, or how serious it is?

He’s missed most of pre season now, does anyone actually know what’s wrong with him?

He has posted on Instagram him stepping up his recovery.

Eddie plays partnerships together in friendlies as we know. Mepham and Ake together tell us what we need to know. Wilson and King. Expect Lerma and Gosling at some point next weekend in a friendly. The interesting positions are full back and keeper where I don’t even think Eddie has made his mind up yet except for Smith being in one of the berths.

If I had to call it now I’d say Stacey at right back and Smith at left.

He has posted on Instagram him stepping up his recovery.

Eddie plays partnerships together in friendlies as we know. Mepham and Ake together tell us what we need to know. Wilson and King. Expect Lerma and Gosling at some point next weekend in a friendly. The interesting positions are full back and keeper where I don’t even think Eddie has made his mind up yet except for Smith being in one of the berths.

If I had to call it now I’d say Stacey at right back and Smith at left.

Or Lerma and Billing....?!

;