Steve Cook

He has posted on Instagram him stepping up his recovery.

Eddie plays partnerships together in friendlies as we know. Mepham and Ake together tell us what we need to know. Wilson and King. Expect Lerma and Gosling at some point next weekend in a friendly. The interesting positions are full back and keeper where I don’t even think Eddie has made his mind up yet except for Smith being in one of the berths.

If I had to call it now I’d say Stacey at right back and Smith at left.

Three at the back at Brentford though.

I agree. But once he gets fit he becomes injured again.
I agree, but when did he last play more than 10 games consecutively for us?

Obviously I don't disagree with his terrible injury record but I was responding to Chris' post questioning his ability. Sure he's not the player that Anderton was but his ability when fit has been there for all to see. An extremely important player in our first two PL seasons.

Obviously I don't disagree with his terrible injury record but I was responding to Chris' post questioning his ability. Sure he's not the player that Anderton was but his ability when fit has been there for all to see. An extremely important player in our first two PL seasons.

Stanislas has started an average of only 15 matches per season since we've been in PL. Regardless of his ability, sadly that's not good enough.

Callum has started on average 19 games per PL season. I guess that just about scrapes into the barely good enough category.

Look no one denies Stan has had a few injuries. We all know that. I don’t get why that makes it impossible for people to recognise how effective he is when he has played.

Callum has started on average 19 games per PL season. I guess that just about scrapes into the barely good enough category.

Look no one denies Stan has had a few injuries. We all know that. I don’t get why that makes it impossible for people to recognise how effective he is when he has played.

Exactly what I was saying. Afterall I was responding to this comment questioning his ability on top of his injury record:

He must mean his injury record rather than his footballing ability

I saw a table the other week, on involvement in xg chances, he was about forth in the last which divergent be played about 12 minutes last season is pretty good

Yes, but mostly my phone is terrible at correcting me, as opposed to me talking "like that", often utter gubbins though

I did search for the piece but cannot find it immediately. So they looked at all the expected Goals (xG), so decent quality chances, and checked who had created the chance and who took the chance. Stan ended up near the top of that list, I think fourth or fifth, which surprised me as he hardly played

This isn't the same thing, but it's pretty easy to play with
https://understat.com/team/Bournemouth/2018

Last edited:
Maybe my memory has dulled but not sure I remember this amazing Stanislas of which people speak. What I remember are some flashes of absolute brilliance, the odd great game, a lot of averageness and some non existent games.

One of those players like Gosling, Surman and Ibe I think we need to move on from if we are to keep improving

Using that logic we need to move on from everyone until we have the best 18 players in the world. About 20 goals in about 100 matches over five years, shame he'd not played double that amount games, but not a bad return for a winger, especially one made of glass

;