Steve Cook

Shame if cookie leaves before end of season. Long way to go and injuries always likely given the hectic schedule. Think he is above meps and Ibsen Rossi if fully fit

Probably what we all expected to be the case but according to Kris Temple, Steve Cook has been told he can leave the club.

I understand the fresh broom approach but I'm a little uncomfortable about how some of the departures of players who will be AFCB legends has been handled. And that goes back to the start of last season, I'm not referring only to this.

Meanwhile, I'll be sad to see SC go. He's helped create AFCB memories I never thought I would get. I hope he finds a good new home.

Thread merge coming in 3.... 2.... 1....
Wow, didn’t see that coming. Was convinced he was only left home from the pre season tour due to a legitimate injury.

Not a lot of class shown.
Didn’t Parker confirm he’d kept the club captaincy? Clearly that decision was made whilst knowing he wasn’t in the first team plans, and I’d imagine it was done out of respect for what he’s given the club.

I’m not really sure what else the club could have done, other than insist we keep playing him despite Parker clearly rating other defenders as better. Any messaging regarding him no longer being required has also all been done behind the scenes too, again I’d imagine out of respect.

He’ll always be a legend in my eyes, but I’d agree with Parker that Cahill is now the better option for that particular role in the team.

Think he’s a better defender than Kelly tbh so not sure why he isn’t in the team. Far from perfect, but I’d feel more comfortable with him next to Cahill.
Clearly not what SP thinks, given he's not even on the bench. Thought Kelly had a good game today, not sure what your issue with him is. Not like cook hasn't got a mistake in him.
What did you think of your favourite team, Fulham performance today? Frightening squad they have

Not too surprising given Cahill's performances since he came in. Gutted for Cookie that'll end like this though, especially as his sending off was the catalyst for ending our promotion hopes last season.

That said we must look forward and not be too sentimental at times with decision making if its felt him going helps the club progress

Well he might not be done for us just yet. Only takes a couple of injuries/suspensions. I also feel for him too but I guess it's inevitable that all players will sooner or later not be part of plans as things change. Happened to Cahill at Chelsea after all. Just hope when he leaves, he gets the gratitude he deserves.

Sadly Steve Cook has had his time and I think that Cahill,Kelly and Mepham are currently and will prove to be better over the season…throw in Ibsen-Rossi and we are well covered in central defence…new manager and new thinking I guess?… have to say that results have been solid for SP and his choices!

You need to re-learn football if you think that.
Yes. Your opinion is right and his is wrong. Oh hang on a minute, the nature of opinions means that cannot be the case! Imo Cook and Kelly are both good championship defenders who are both prone to a gaffe/lapse in concentration. Imo cook’s lapses are less frequent than Kelly’s and he is positionally better. Just an opinion.

Yes. Your opinion is right and his is wrong. Oh hang on a minute, the nature of opinions means that cannot be the case! Imo Cook and Kelly are both good championship defenders who are both prone to a gaffe/lapse in concentration. Imo cook’s lapses are less frequent than Kelly’s and he is positionally better. Just an opinion.

If you believe that then I suggest ...you are right.

no one is bigger than the club. he had a great career here. sometimes its time to move on.

A bit crass, Cookie was unassuming and lead by example on the pitch. I've not seen or heard any evidence of him throwing his weight around.

;