Marcus Tavernier

I don't believe Christie is an out and out attacker tbh.....just as i don't believe Tavenier is an out and out central midfielder.....both players best position is as an 8 imo......two very similar players actually.....i'd much rather have Christie.
Christie struggled when played as an advanced midfielder at times last season. It’s a strange one because he does do his best work in central positions but he seems be more comfortable finding these central pockets while drifting in from the right.

Christie struggled when played as an advanced midfielder at times last season. It’s a strange one because he does do his best work in central positions but he seems be more comfortable finding these central pockets while drifting in from the right.
I think he was way better out wide on the right, just needs to give up the shots on goal

Daily Echo reporting that we have officially bid for Marcus Tavernier. Very positive on one hand that we are doing something, on the other hand surely CM is the one area that we don’t need to add to? Maybe we plan to use him as a wing back as he has played there before. Would support the theory that we plan to go three at the back next season.

MIDDLESBROUGH remain determined to hold on to Marcus Tavernier, despite Nottingham Forest having become the latest club to firm up their interest in the midfielder.

Forest officials have made a formal inquiry for Tavernier, and are willing to pay around £10m for Tavernier as they look to strengthen ahead of their return to the Premier League.

Bournemouth held similar discussions earlier in the summer, and are also understood to value Tavernier at around £10m.

Boro’s recruitment team always expected the 23-year-old to attract interest ahead of the transfer deadline, but Chris Wilder is understandably reluctant to lose one of his key performers from last season.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/s...ingham-forest-step-interest-marcus-tavernier/

O'Brien and Toffolo are having their medicals at Forest tomorrow, surely they won't sign Tavernier as well?

MIDDLESBROUGH remain determined to hold on to Marcus Tavernier, despite Nottingham Forest having become the latest club to firm up their interest in the midfielder.

Forest officials have made a formal inquiry for Tavernier, and are willing to pay around £10m for Tavernier as they look to strengthen ahead of their return to the Premier League.

Bournemouth held similar discussions earlier in the summer, and are also understood to value Tavernier at around £10m.

Boro’s recruitment team always expected the 23-year-old to attract interest ahead of the transfer deadline, but Chris Wilder is understandably reluctant to lose one of his key performers from last season.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/s...ingham-forest-step-interest-marcus-tavernier/
What do Sky news say?

;