The AFCB Snootsworth Advent Calendar 2021

Bless you all for your support chums.
The Advent Calendar windows are opening quickly as Christmas draws nearer! Bday

As we open our 9th window today we are of course very aware of Covid and the increasing worries concerning the Omicron variant.
One only has to read the news to see that Spurs have cancelled their game against Rennes.
There is the reintroduction of more restrictions and now of course there is the probability of vaccine passes being needed to watch the footie at Dean Court.

Thankfully our club has been quick to respond and one of the things they are doing is introducing a new kit for the players to play in so as to minimise the risk of them catching this fast spreading Omicron variant of Covid….

62796B64-51F7-425C-95F2-870155E52F90.jpeg
:eek!:

Bless you all for your support chums.
The Advent Calendar windows are opening quickly as Christmas draws nearer! Bday

As we open our 9th window today we are of course very aware of Covid and the increasing worries concerning the Omicron variant.
One only has to read the news to see that Spurs have cancelled their game against Rennes.
There is the reintroduction of more restrictions and now of course there is the probability of vaccine passes being needed to watch the footie at Dean Court.

Thankfully our club has been quick to respond and one of the things they are doing is introducing a new kit for the players to play in so as to minimise the risk of them catching this fast spreading Omicron variant of Covid….

View attachment 6810

Nice helmet.........................

I can see that design catching on with serial divers. Bit of overpressure and they don't have to risk true injury whilst hurling themselves onto the deck. Won't stop the well rehearsed writhing and ground slapping though.

The icicles attach themselves to the 10th window of our Advent calendar! :santa:
As we prise open the frosted pane we look beneath and find a plethora of Christmas cards.
Tis the season to be jolly and these cards allow us to spread Yuletide happiness.
I’ve started receiving my Christmas cards and I must say they do make me smile and bring such joy.
Being an influential and aristocratic supporter of the club I of course receive festive cards from some of the AFCB players.
There’s one Christmas card in particular this year which has truly melted my heart.
It’s a personalised Christmas card sent to me from Ben Pearson and features him and his young family dressed up in cute Santa Claus costumes….

7067EA72-4448-414D-BAFC-75C481875F30.jpeg

The icicles attach themselves to the 10th window of our Advent calendar! :santa:
As we prise open the frosted pane we look beneath and find a plethora of Christmas cards.
Tis the season to be jolly and these cards allow us to spread Yuletide happiness.
I’ve started receiving my Christmas cards and I must say they do make me smile and bring such joy.
Being an influential and aristocratic supporter of the club I of course receive festive cards from some of the AFCB players.
There’s one Christmas card in particular this year which has truly melted my heart.
It’s a personalised Christmas card sent to me from Ben Pearson and features him and his young family dressed up in cute Santa Claus costumes….

View attachment 6815
:grinning:

A fortnight today chums and it will be Christmas Day! :santa:
So on to our 11th Advent window…and I’m up early today pals (so to speak) in anticipation of our clash with Blackburn.
What whizzo, exciting japery it promises.
And as befitting of the occasion, to spur our chaps to victory, time to wheel out our Yuletide good luck charm.
For behind the wintery glass pane lies the bewitching magic of the mighty NNM!
Thos who might be offended please look away now for tis time for:

NUNS!

6ED404A9-51B6-440C-AD31-F105B7570174.jpeg

NURSES!

93F689F5-75A3-4AF1-85C0-DEED4904307F.jpeg

MAIDS!

81EEFFB8-3135-4BAD-9214-0A3BD6266FFE.jpeg
COME ON YOU CHERRYBOYS!!!!!! :tophat:

Halfway through our festive Advent calendar!
Sometimes during the Christmas period we suffer sadness, like we did during yesterday’s dire performance against Blackburn.
As we open our window for today we offer up a prayer asking God to ensure that bloody awful ref never comes to Dean Court again.
But worry ye not for behind today’s window something to warm your soul…a selection of AFCB Christmas trees!

Neil Blake our Chief Executive has gone for a nubile Russian look this year: :oops:

F6CE84B3-C035-4437-BB29-FD51DB8FEC21.jpeg

Willo of course has his Christmas tree for lunch every day. :loser:

09688630-DA9A-42D2-AE4A-7BB9D7EF8E69.jpeg

Old pal Jordon Ibe hasn’t got a Christmas tree this year…but he has of course managed to crash into one…:eek!:

B08223E9-389D-4CA8-BDAB-53F5E47E22BF.jpeg

Spare a thought for poor Chris Mepham. He’s made another blunder and a bit like himself his Christmas tree has been caught out of position…:shake:
7417C4FA-AD95-4CD9-97BD-9ADDB682B570.jpeg

Unfortunately Junior Stanislas’s tree has picked up an injury…:confused:

813C51F5-9793-4224-BB6E-CC46503EC230.jpeg

And finally spare a thought for cute little Gavin Kilkenny who isn’t earning enough to buy a Christmas tree so has decided to dress up as one himself this year. :)

56BE90FF-9980-4868-85B8-8F5E2A2BDDE3.jpeg

Halfway through our festive Advent calendar!
Sometimes during the Christmas period we suffer sadness, like we did during yesterday’s dire performance against Blackburn.
As we open our window for today we offer up a prayer asking God to ensure that bloody awful ref never comes to Dean Court again.
But worry ye not for behind today’s window something to warm your soul…a selection of AFCB Christmas trees!

Neil Blake our Chief Executive has gone for a nubile Russian look this year: :oops:

View attachment 6827

Willo of course has his Christmas tree for lunch every day. :loser:

View attachment 6828

Old pal Jordon Ibe hasn’t got a Christmas tree this year…but he has of course managed to crash into one…:eek!:

View attachment 6829

Spare a thought for poor Chris Mepham. He’s made another blunder and a bit like himself his Christmas tree has been caught out of position…:shake:
View attachment 6830

Unfortunately Junior Stanislas’s tree has picked up an injury…:confused:

View attachment 6831

And finally spare a thought for cute little Gavin Kilkenny who isn’t earning enough to buy a Christmas tree so has decided to dress up as one himself this year. :)

View attachment 6832
:clap: Very good Snoots!

The 13th day of our Advent Calendar and as we open our snowy window today we see a vintage book of derring do! :santa:
Time for another festive ripping yarn from ‘Tales From Dean Court School For Boys.’
Shall we begin reading chums?
Yes, let’s!

6A897D68-193B-4272-9651-6527C3FE7DDB.jpeg
Mr Parker strode down the hallowed corridors of Dean Court School for Boys. He was a hard working, handsome young cove. By a whizzo bit of luck he had applied for a job as form tutor at Dean Court School. He’d dashed well got the job and was now teaching the Upper 4th in this venerable institution.

As he opened the door of the classroom a cacophony of noise hit him.
‘Lerma, Lerma, Lerma!’ was the chant he heard.
‘Stop that noise now boys!’ cried Mr Parker, ‘What is going on here?’
Lerma the young Colombian lad stepped forward and mumbled some words Mr Parker couldn’t understand but which seemed to contain some frightfully fruity and rude Anglo Saxon language.
‘Lerma has taken a chunk out of Stanislas by biting him Sir,’ cried Solanke the teacher’s pet and Mr Parker’s favourite.
‘Off to Matron Stanislas and as for you Lerma off to the detention room, you’re banned from our Carol concert boy!’
Lerma trudged out of class disconsolately.
Smudger Smith, the class joker joshed: ‘Does Carol know we are doing a concert for her Sir?’
There were loud guffaws especially from Cahill the class bully. He’d only arrived recently but had made his presence known by deposing Head Boy Cook Senior as the class leader.
‘Less of your japery Smith, we have carols to rehearse boys!’ cried Mr Parker. The concert was going to be given to all the sick children at the local hospital to cheer the poor little blighters up for Crimbo.

It was the night of the Carol concert at the children’s ward. Young patients, parents, doctors & nurses gathered round. Mr Parker had really pushed the boys by making them practice the carols for ages and ages. The boys were lined up in front of the sick children and the onlooking stare of Mr Mostyn their doddery old Head Teacher.
Mr Parker had misplaced his lucky grey blazer and was a tad nervous as he sat at the piano to play the first carol.

The concert could only be described as a disaster, a complete kipper.
It started off jolly decently and a warm Yuletide glow spread across the faces of the sad little faces of the sick children.
However things soon took a turn for the worse.
Zemura a much younger pupil, added to the choir from Junior School, strained his vocal cords during ‘I Saw Three Ships’ and couldn’t complete the carol.
And from there things took a distinctly downward path.
Sickbay Stanislas threw up during ‘Oh Come All Ye Faithful.’
Cloth Ears Mepham (the class dunce) was caught out of position and sung the wrong solo to ‘Away in a Manger.’
Lanky Billing mysteriously went missing and never turned up for his rendition of ‘In The Bleak Midwinter.’
And then most surprisingly Solanke, the class swot, kept continuously missing his cues for ‘Hark The Herald Angels Sing.’

The sick children started losing interest, the adults in the audience shuffled on their seats uncomfortably.
Mr Mostyn glared maliciously. Mr Parker started nervously talking to himself about unlucky magpies and suchlike when from the back of the ward came a melodious sound.
By George…it was Lerma…who by all rights had been banned from the night’s revelries.
Dressed as Santa and playing traditional Colombian tunes on his Spanish guitar he strode to the front of the stage. The audience were captivated and he got a dashingly spiffing round of applause. His presence alone rallied the boys and they finished off the concert splendidly!
Hoorah and Hizzah! The Upper 4th had triumphed.

Back in the dorm later that night a delighted Mr Parker dolled out extra tuck and lashings of lemonade. The boys happily ate their goodies praising Lerma. Everyone was jolly happy apart from one chap.
From the bed at the end of the dorm a sickly voice could be heard.
It was Stanislas:
‘I don’t seem to be able to taste my tuck or lemonade and I’ve got this awful cough that won’t go away…I must’ve picked some bug up from that blasted hospital.’

71DFEDF7-1335-40C4-B99B-3F75ADB90DB2.jpeg

;