The grapes are sour in Nottingham

Good grief,people still have a hard on for Steve Cook,move on for God's sake,unpopular opinion but Cahill was a far better player at the time and Phillips is a better player here and now and will be in the future.

Cook was adequate in the Premier League because he had Ake next to him,he will find it a lot harder this time around.

I'm not so sure, I think our tactics and performance of the midfield put our CBs under alot of pressure in the relegation season. I think Cook and Ake were both in the top 8 for clearances which shows what pressure they were under and their workrate, Cook was actually higher than Ake. It'll be interesting to see how Forest line up tactically but they've been playing him in a back 3 and I doubt he'll be as exposed.

That said I agree with the sentiment, it is time to move on and players like Phillips and Cahill have shown that they can work in our system and that he's therefore not unreplaceable.

Good grief,people still have a hard on for Steve Cook,move on for God's sake,unpopular opinion but Cahill was a far better player at the time and Phillips is a better player here and now and will be in the future.

Cook was adequate in the Premier League because he had Ake next to him,he will find it a lot harder this time around.

I always thought cookie was a real asset in the champ but would worry in the prem now. If we kept him on then probably a 2-3 year deal on big wages and I think we can do better now as shown by Cahill initially and then Phillips afterwards.

The shame was he didn’t move on in august and avoid the sad sight of him being marginalised.

I always thought cookie was a real asset in the champ but would worry in the prem now. If we kept him on then probably a 2-3 year deal on big wages and I think we can do better now as shown by Cahill initially and then Phillips afterwards.

The shame was he didn’t move on in august and avoid the sad sight of him being marginalised.
I think the Forest move has worked out for Cook largely due to the fact that his role there is as a sweeper besides two other centre backs, he is a lot better protected than he would have been playing for us. His best performances for us since relegation also came as the central defender in a back three under JT at the beginning of last season. He’s very good in this role and it suits him. I think that if he’s given that protection next season then he can definitely still do a job at the top level. Sometimes a move just works out best for all parties.

I think the Forest move has worked out for Cook largely due to the fact that his role there is as a sweeper besides two other centre backs, he is a lot better protected than he would have been playing for us. His best performances for us since relegation also came as the central defender in a back three under JT at the beginning of last season. He’s very good in this role and it suits him. I think that if he’s given that protection next season then he can definitely still do a job at the top level. Sometimes a move just works out best for all parties.

Definitely give him extra motivation which will help his career. I think it’s a move that has suited both parties.

Does anyone else think it's a bit weird having an open top bus ride celebrating the fact that you were the second best loser?
It's a bit cringeworthy celebrating being the 4th best team in the league but bless them it has been a long time for such a big, big team. They're up there with Man Utd, Arsenal , Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City when it's comes to the size of their club, don't ya know.

Oh come on, he must be genuine.....wouldn't he of had to go through the FAs fit and proper person test ?...;)
Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis is facing scrutiny from the Premier League after promotion.

The Greek shipping magnate was passed fit to own a club by the EFL before completing his £50million purchase of Forest five years ago, despite being the subject of multiple investigations into alleged match-fixing and drug trafficking.

But the Premier League are making their test more stringent as they seek to head off the threat of an independent regulator.

In 2019 the Olympiakos owner was charged with match-fixing and involvement in criminal gangs before being acquitted by the Court of Appeal two years later, and last year a Greek judge ruled there was no evidence after he was charged with heroin smuggling.

Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis is facing scrutiny from the Premier League after promotion.

The Greek shipping magnate was passed fit to own a club by the EFL before completing his £50million purchase of Forest five years ago, despite being the subject of multiple investigations into alleged match-fixing and drug trafficking.

But the Premier League are making their test more stringent as they seek to head off the threat of an independent regulator.

In 2019 the Olympiakos owner was charged with match-fixing and involvement in criminal gangs before being acquitted by the Court of Appeal two years later, and last year a Greek judge ruled there was no evidence after he was charged with heroin smuggling.

Tbf they probe every takeover and promoted club so it's not like they have singled this guy out.

Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis has revealed that manager Steve Cooper is set for a new contract, and has vowed to provide him with a sizeable war chest to allow him to splash the cash this summer after their promotion.

Forest sealed their spot in the Premier League next season after beating Huddersfield Town in the Championship play-off final at the weekend, a memorable result which sealed their return to the top-flight after 23 years away.

And Marinakis is now poised to back Cooper with funds in the transfer window, with his sights firmly set on achieving 'good results' and not just survival.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...reveals-Steve-Cooper-set-handed-new-deal.html

Idk what to think of Forest’s chances next season. They might have to pay £30ish million just to retain some of their star players. The only player we’re probably seriously considering is Phillips, but even then Kelly is the star there. All we really need is an adequate partner for him. It would be nice if it were Phillips but I think we can probably find someone on his level for less money.

They CAN look very good and have done, but I don’t think they quite have the pace in the team to succeed long-term as a counterattacking team. They’ve been quite **************** in their last 4 games. There are better managers than Parker and squads than ours in the PL, and even then we smothered their one tactic quite easily. And again, they’ll have no Spence, Davis, Garner or Zinckernagel. Unless they stump up the cash. Although it has to be said, as with Leeds, they will probably be able to attract decent players with the name and their owners intent.

I really think we’re in the best position to stay up with our methodical style of play. We picked up the most points by far against the Top 6, and have a style that will translate much more effectively to the PL. Forest’s could legit see them shock their way to a high mid table finish, or bottom. Hard to predict. If they play like they did against us, Hull, and in the playoffs…they’ll be lucky to get a point.

perhaps the epl investigation can find out exactly what happened to the ten witnesses to the guy's drug trafficking who mysteriously "died" , the investigation it seems the greek authorities didn't manage to complete?

failing that, NSC will no doubt want to take a look? :LOL:

perhaps the epl investigation can find out exactly what happened to the ten witnesses to the guy's drug trafficking who mysteriously "died" , the investigation it seems the greek authorities didn't manage to complete?

failing that, NSC will no doubt want to take a look? :LOL:
Jesus is that actually true?

Step aside Leeds the pundits now have a new sweetheart. Lineker and co will be simply gushing over Cooper and his troops. It's all that history they have and the fact that they are such a huuuuuuuge club. We'll be able to slip under the radar and go about our business of staying up. We will finish higher than Florest next season.

;