The grapes are sour in Nottingham

I reckon if Forest Flunk the play-offs..they will implode...club, players and fans...and they will plummet faster than a shot pheasant in Sherwood Forest....and eventually Notts County will rise above them in the League pyramid and win the Champions League 3 times ! ( actually they don't need to....they are more famous anyway.)

So just so I'm clear in my head what the issue here is. The issues that aren't in dispute seem to be...

1. Forest lost a game they needed to win.
  2. They were clearly second best in the game and the scoreline was not unjust in any way.
  3. A draw would have been good enough with the right final day results, which didn't get close to happening.
But, if....

1. The marginal offside decision went the other way..
  2. The dubious penalty was awarded..
  3. That penalty was scored..
  4. They somehow didn't play like sh*t for the rest of the game.
  5. The penalty also somehow inspired their players to pick up centre forwards at set pieces..
  6. The final day pans out completely differently and they get the results they needed.

When you think about it they were so so close weren't they. :rofl:

And people think we are mad for mentioning the goal line tech awarding Fulham a goal by 2mm that decided the title...

I reckon if Forest Flunk the play-offs..they will implode...club, players and fans...and they will plummet faster than a shot pheasant in Sherwood Forest....and eventually Notts County will rise above them in the League pyramid and win the Champions League 3 times ! ( actually they don't need to....they are more famous anyway.)

fingers crossed!

Blimey, they lost a football match. Even if they had been given a penalty, Travers may have saved it, the fool taking it could have blasted it over the bar.
Sour grapes because as big as they think they are, they thought all they had to do was turn up to beat us. Unlucky for them AFC Tinpot were the better team over the season, and in that game.
They thought Cooper was Cloughie reincarnated and that they’d be in the Champions League within a year …

Florist wages tor this season is approx 42 -45 million..ours was approx 50 million...yet our extra income was about 30 million.. Its not sustainable. They have maybe 3 saleable assets. We have 10 plus. We are lucky we have saleable assets Two thirds of the Championship don't

The owner Evangelos Marinakis has some form as far as football goes.
Some excepts from his Wiki page.

Marinakis was charged with complicity to commit acts of bribery and match manipulation,[90][91] of instigation and facilitating acts of violence.[92] Marinakis, along with the president of second-division club Ilioupoli, Giorgos Tsakogiannis and others, cooperated so that a group of hardcore Olympiacos fans would travel on 13 March 2011 to a third division match and provoke riots to bring about a penalty. The prosecutor's report says that "Tsakogiannis informed [Ioannis] Papadopoulos that he had made arrangements and Evangelos Marinakis was aware of the plan for Olympiacos fans to cause riots".[92] Marinakis was acquitted from all charges by the Prosecutor, Panagiotis Poulios,[93] and the Council of Judges.[94]

In 2014, Marinakis was acquitted by the Three Members Court of First Instance relatively to the case of entering the referee's (Thanassis Yiachos's) locker room at halftime[95] during the football cup final between Olympiacos and Asteras Tripolis, against football regulations to complain about the decisions taken. Marinakis stated that he went to the referee's locker room at halftime only to wish match officials "good luck". Olympiacos went on and won the match 3–1, after a tense 1–1 at halftime.[96] In 2015 Marinakis was also acquitted by the Three Members Court of Appeals for the same case.[97]

How on earth has he passed the "fit and proper person"test?
Obviously passed the FA fit and proper test with flying colours..................................

That was my initial thought ,but it does say acquitted of all charges.
Obviously good enough for the FA/FL.
Whatever happened to 'no smoke without fire'?

So just so I'm clear in my head what the issue here is. The issues that aren't in dispute seem to be...

1. Forest lost a game they needed to win.
  2. They were clearly second best in the game and the scoreline was not unjust in any way.
  3. A draw would have been good enough with the right final day results, which didn't get close to happening.
But, if....

1. The marginal offside decision went the other way..
  2. The dubious penalty was awarded..
  3. That penalty was scored..
  4. They somehow didn't play like sh*t for the rest of the game.
  5. The penalty also somehow inspired their players to pick up centre forwards at set pieces..
  6. The final day pans out completely differently and they get the results they needed.

When you think about it they were so so close weren't they. :rofl:

Also don’t forget us deliberately postponing the original fixture in the knowledge that none of our first XI would get injured before the end of the season and Kieffer Moore would be able to play the role of super sub.

;