The Josh King Game

It seems as if the 'business' side of his career took over the playing side. He looks to be one of those people who think that their mere presence is enough to bring them success. Does he really think he is going to have Real or Juve on the phone in the morning? Kelty Hearts in Scotland maybe looking for a world class striker following promotion.

Can't help thinking he'd fit in well at Newcastle, where he'd be amongst some like minded individuals.

Visions of King belting through defences in the South West Peninsular League...ripping up the East section ..not so much the West, we are a bit superior.....10 to 15 goals should be a cinch for the intrepid gladiator....mind you the Okehampton Argyle defence is Perty damn tight...Ottery St Mary less so.....mind you some of the floodlights ain't too bright ... so best rest him for the evening games!

Rather though...he would be good cover for our striker James Lorenz...at Liskeard.who scored 51 goals last season...as we became runners up behind Falmouth.( We turned down promotion to the Western League due to ground not big enough and travel costs. haha.)
Josh could come into the team when James gets his occasional dodgy ankle syndrome.

Whilst King handled the situation with us poorly at the end, we also held up a dream move for him back to Old Trafford.

I don’t think we should forget the impact he had, without Josh King we certainly don’t get 5 years in the prem.

Look at the profile and promise of other strikers that couldn’t displace him, Defoe, Mousset, Murray and Solanke were miles behind King during the glory years!

I hope he can find some kind of form again, ideally abroad and not against us!!

That "worst 2 weeks" of his life, that must have lasted at least 18 months now. If he hasn't got himself sorted by August, I can see it giving him a migraine : )

It's a shame because when he did produce his best, he did show he has a lot of talent. He may have made 'barrow's full of money but he has the talent to make skip loads : )

Whilst King handled the situation with us poorly at the end, we also held up a dream move for him back to Old Trafford.

I don’t think we should forget the impact he had, without Josh King we certainly don’t get 5 years in the prem.

Look at the profile and promise of other strikers that couldn’t displace him, Defoe, Mousset, Murray and Solanke were miles behind King during the glory years!

I hope he can find some kind of form again, ideally abroad and not against us!!
I'm not sure I could be wishing all the best to a player who quite literally didn't turn up for us during his last year, despite being on about 100k a week or whatever it was. If he was that good and he worked through the pain barrier of his migraines, back aches and poorly tummies he might have got his dream move to a champions league club and would have had our best wishes.
Look at Jeff Lerma, when we went down he gave 100% every time, didn't appear uninterested or try to engineer a move. Then there is Ake, Rambo and Wilson who left on good terms

I'm not sure I could be wishing all the best to a player who quite literally didn't turn up for us during his last year, despite being on about 100k a week or whatever it was. If he was that good and he worked through the pain barrier of his migraines, back aches and poorly tummies he might have got his dream move to a champions league club and would have had our best wishes.
Look at Jeff Lerma, when we went down he gave 100% every time, didn't appear uninterested or try to engineer a move. Then there is Ake, Rambo and Wilson who left on good terms

The other players didn’t have their move blocked in the previous January, he went from United to the championship under Tindall in no time, he should have done better, but let’s not pretend the club was faultless in this situation.

In a few months we will be wishing we had a King like player to dig us out some holes, this guy had such an impact on the team, assists, goals and defensively. We can’t let the last few weeks over shadow one of the clubs best players.

Lets not kid ourselves Ake, Wilson and Ramsdale had absolutely no intention of playing championship football with us!

The other players didn’t have their move blocked in the previous January, he went from United to the championship under Tindall in no time, he should have done better, but let’s not pretend the club was faultless in this situation.

In a few months we will be wishing we had a King like player to dig us out some holes, this guy had such an impact on the team, assists, goals and defensively. We can’t let the last few weeks over shadow one of the clubs best players.

Lets not kid ourselves Ake, Wilson and Ramsdale had absolutely no intention of playing championship football with us!
I fail to understand why AFCB should do all they can to accommodate a player's "dream" move to another club. Sod him, he was our player and, 1 we needed him, and 2 ManU were taking the pee with their offer having likely tapped him up beforehand. No sympathy for him at all.

Josh King was - in my opinion the most influential of any of our players over out time in the PL. He deserves credit for that - as does Eddie for transforming him from a square peg in the Championship at Blackburn to a first team regular with us. He was naturally disappointed to miss out on his dream move to Man U but they put us in an impossible position with the lateness of the move. Josh could have handled his feelings with more maturity and understanding of our situation. Apart from that I think he didn’t do too much to criticise. Clearly he lost heart and without that motivation from within he was less than half the player. Callum was at 75% the year we were relegated - even allowing for some niggly injuries he was not anywhere near his best and as for Fraser - he just plain and simple couldn’t be bothered at all. Havin* the best forward line outside the top 6, when a third was missing and two parts lacking is what ultimately ‘did for us’. Sadly - for him - Josh has never recovered from his loss of form/appetite for the game and he risks seeing his career end in a whimper. All this stemming from Man U raising his expectations - it’s ironic they ditched him as a youngster and now seemingly curtailed his career. As we all know - bar Josh perhaps - United merely wanted a half season fix for a problem they had at the time and would have unloaded him asap after anyway. It seems to me the guy was damned either way. Given that he has some sympathy from me.

Again, it’s far from a straight forward AFCB blocked his move scenario.

https://bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/player-left-devastated-by-manchester-united/amp/
Man Unt had the entire window to get him but they chose to act late enough that we couldn’t get a replacement in. No club in their right mind would sanction such a move for even a squad player, let alone one of their key men at the time. It was s*it for King but we had no choice but to act in our best interests at the time, he had a contract with us and we’re a football club, not a charity.

The following Summer we did not receive a bid that even came close to the valuation we had placed on him, we can’t just go giving away players for peanuts simply because they don’t want to be here, even Danjuma had to wait it out until an acceptable bid came in. I’m sure that even 10m that Summer would have been enough, a very reasonable sum to expect for a proven PL performer. Unfortunately for Josh no club wanted him badly enough that they were willing to pay a fair fee for him, not a lot we could do about that. At that point King had a decision to make, to knuckle down and prove that he didn’t belong in the championship, for both his sake and our own. Or to down tools and act as though the level was below him. Unfortunately for him he made the wrong decision, the decision that causes you to end up at Watford in your prime years rather than the established PL side his talent justified. Now he’s put himself in the position where it will be a minor miracle if he gets another PL club. We may hold feelings of resentment towards him and Fraser, but the reality is that they did as much damage to their own careers as they did to our cause. Always a possibility when you invest in players who are clearly not very bright unfortunately. Look at Ake, you don’t think that he couldn’t have gotten a move way before he did? An ultimate professional until the end and he got his rewards for that.

Josh King was - in my opinion the most influential of any of our players over out time in the PL. He deserves credit for that - as does Eddie for transforming him from a square peg in the Championship at Blackburn to a first team regular with us. He was naturally disappointed to miss out on his dream move to Man U but they put us in an impossible position with the lateness of the move. Josh could have handled his feelings with more maturity and understanding of our situation. Apart from that I think he didn’t do too much to criticise. Clearly he lost heart and without that motivation from within he was less than half the player. Callum was at 75% the year we were relegated - even allowing for some niggly injuries he was not anywhere near his best and as for Fraser - he just plain and simple couldn’t be bothered at all. Havin* the best forward line outside the top 6, when a third was missing and two parts lacking is what ultimately ‘did for us’. Sadly - for him - Josh has never recovered from his loss of form/appetite for the game and he risks seeing his career end in a whimper. All this stemming from Man U raising his expectations - it’s ironic they ditched him as a youngster and now seemingly curtailed his career. As we all know - bar Josh perhaps - United merely wanted a half season fix for a problem they had at the time and would have unloaded him asap after anyway. It seems to me the guy was damned either way. Given that he has some sympathy from me.
He wasn’t damned either way though, if he had properly knuckled down and given his all I’m convinced he had a good shot at getting a far more established side than Watford. If you’d have seen him at Everton you’d have realised that he was way off of the pace, coasting for half a season will do that to you. He still had every chance to get his big move post the Man Unt drama but he chose not to apply himself properly. He may have felt that the situation was unfair but he did himself no favours with the way he conducted himself.

So, a two year contract (with a relegation release clause) as cover for Solanke and/or either wide forward position anyone?

Is that a better idea than a Championship youngster with no top division experience?

I've confused myself again...

So, a two year contract (with a relegation release clause) as cover for Solanke and/or either wide forward position anyone?

Is that a better idea than a Championship youngster with no top division experience?

I've confused myself again...
No. Absolutely not for me. We should be going for a player who has performed in the championship but is unproven in the PL but has potential to step up, both Gyokeres (spelt wrong) of Coventry and Riis of Preston would be very smart acquisitions. Players that have the potential to step up but will stand us in good stead to mount a promotion push if we were to go down.

;