The Newcastle Takeover

In regards to the whole “it’s just jealousy” thing… Formula One are going to Saudi this season and F1 fans (albeit on social media) have moaned and mentioned not watching the race there this season.

Yet the viewing figures will be about the average, guaranteed. Bahrain is your perfect comparison time wise, exactly the same start time.

In regards to the whole “it’s just jealousy” thing… Formula One are going to Saudi this season and F1 fans (albeit on social media) have moaned and mentioned not watching the race there this season.

I expect it will barely make a dent in viewing figures.

Take with a pinch of salt, something being discussed on the radio are reports that Newcastle's new owners will build the club a brand new state of the art training ground..... near London!

In order to attract players (managers?) who can then base themselves there instead of having to live ooop t'north.

Not sure the proud Geordies would like the idea of their club's players flying in and out on matchday and to all intents and purposes being a London run squad.

Take with a pinch of salt, something being discussed on the radio are reports that Newcastle's new owners will build the club a brand new state of the art training ground..... near London!

In order to attract players (managers?) who can then base themselves there instead of having to live ooop t'north.

Not sure the proud Geordies would like the idea of their club's players flying in and out on matchday and to all intents and purposes being a London run squad.

Why not go the whole hog and build a new stadium there.

Then have special club trains to transport the fans down for the ‘home’ games. ;)

Apparently the "authorities" are investigating the Palace banner for racism. To me free speech.

I guess the question is whether the banner targets many people who have not made the decisions or a select few who have. From memory, the banner was a criticism of the regime and not Saudis in general. In which case, logic would suggest that it is free speech. However, we're (societies) not as logical as we like to think we are.

As for who takes over Newcastle, rumour has it that Graeme Jones might like to manage and that his future at the club is not under threat. What if a new manager comes in and says "I want my own team"? Not sure what to think of Jones. He jumped ship from here pretty quickly. Was presumably very involved in tactics before Bruce left yet received no blame? Also, Callum Wilson's comment about Jones being more of the tactician of the two was interesting and out of order I think. Don't know but wonder if there might have been a bit of a power struggle. Not sure what to make of Jones. Comes across as a little egocentric to me but I could be totally wrong.

John Terry trending on Twitter as the new favourite for the managers post.

Fair few Newcastle fans not keen due to his off the pitch reputation…wouldn’t want to cast shadows on their image I guess…

lol, no chance.

Oh dear. It appears that EH does not interview too well. Will he ever get another job ? Shall we have a whip around and buy him a copy of "Interview Technique For Dummies" ?
:rofl:
Just kidding. More than likely he had very clear demands which NUFC were never going to give in to. I really can't see EH taking any job where he feels his ultimate control is somehow compromised. That could become a problem for him.

Issues with moving away aside, I think a stint abroad would be ideal for Eddie. He always spoke of wanting to further himself with experiences from Europe. And it now seems the Villarreal job will soon be open...

;