The statement we’ve all been waiting for

Reality hits the fans, but we knew this when no news was forth coming.
Charlie mentioned it in his interview earlier.
Staying in the Prem is the clubs first priority.
Also 10.200 saw our last game at home, a 1000 below capacity, those tickets could of been sold on. but where were those supporters?
I think we have a lot of ST holders who only go when they feel like it.
If I was living in England I would have a seat for every game no problem
because I have always supported the club, and I don't care what league we play in. Most of our new supporters are only with us for the ride, if we dumped down to the lower leagues again they would be gone.
Ask any fan what they would rather have, a nice new empty stadium or a team who plays fantastic football and are in the top league in the World.
As they say Rome wasn't built in a day.

Investors seek a return and perhaps this is a hard lesson in our true investment potential. None of us really know (apart from Al obviously) how things are behind the scenes. We have little to offer apart from the TV money and it is clear that this has to keep us in the PL. We still owe Max.

Enabling another 10000 people to watch us every week (are there that many??) is of course an unarguable and laudable aim... but perhaps the timeframe for a financial return is too long... then there's the issue of possible relegation...

If this is about economic realities then I believe Eddie will be fine but as has been said already I think there has to be some progress on another, perhaps more realistic front.

Spot on unfortunately. No matter how many times people on here told each other what a great investment it was - it really wasn't.

We had only one hope and that was that the owner was willing to throw his own money at it without getting a return - like Bloom at Brighton. They got lucky, we didn't*.

*Ok so we also got really lucky, just not as lucky as them.

Given that this article is positioned as a "Club Statement: Club Strategy", I can't recall ever reading such a lamentably feeble and inconsequential statement emanating from the shareholders and directors of an organisation that has such prominence and a global brand.

To compound the wholesale lack of communication to date, there appears to be no material vision (other than the obvious of remaining in the PL) and no apparent strategy. This is a woefully incompetent statement.

Anyone know the costs and expected return on Brentford's new stadium? Building just a stadium is never going to bring the return an investor is looking for

Given that this article is positioned as a "Club Statement: Club Strategy", I can't recall ever reading such a lamentably feeble and inconsequential statement emanating from the shareholders and directors of an organisation that has such prominence and a global brand.

To compound the wholesale lack of communication to date, there appears to be no material vision (other than the obvious of remaining in the PL) and no apparent strategy. This is a woefully incompetent statement.

It doesn't really say anything does it. It's hollow, lacking any substance. So what that says about the club's strategy...

Anyone know the costs and expected return on Brentford's new stadium? Building just a stadium is never going to bring the return an investor is looking for

I read it's costing 70m, but is a very large project with all sorts going in alongside the stadium. Massive housing developments on the site. So it's not really comparable.

Hope this wont affect the morale of the players ahead of the 'biggy'at Watford! I think Steve Cook for example won't be impressed after his commitment over 5 years. Come to think of it, in that vein it might even 'p##s off' the great Brett Pitman and others.

I assume Eddie will almost certainly be asked about this at his press conference tomorrow so it will be interesting to hear if he has anything else to say about it in public or just toes the line for now.

Really hope that as a minimum the training complex can at least be started on this season. Plans should also be able to put in place to do some expansion for summer 2020 (2019?) with the South Stand (away supporter quota and segregation issues allowing) to allow at least a few of thousand extra supporters in. The cost / benefit analysis of this in monetary terms may not make commercial sense but the pure "goodwill" factor would be huge amongst the supporter base.

A new stadium was always a financial long shot unless Max, or someone else, was willing to throw away a lot of their own money for little or no return. A very unlikely scenario IMO in the current economic climate in the UK and Europe.

So in short with hundreds of millions flooding into he club every season the priority is spunking millions on players and other useless staff and ticketing systems over the long term survival of the club.

Absolute f.ucking morons!

So you would rather we stopped strengthening the team each season and spend all the PL money on a spanking new stadium? Then with no player recruitment will you, in 3 or 4 years time, be among the 5,000 fans attending our L1 game v Accrington Stanley in our lovely 25,000 stadium?

So you would rather we stopped strengthening the team each season and spend all the PL money on a spanking new stadium? Then with no player recruitment will you, in 3 or 4 years time, be among the 5,000 fans attending our L1 game v Accrington Stanley in our lovely 25,000 stadium?
I would prefer that our shareholders and directors behave in a way that many other businesses operate, in order to achieve expansion and growth they actively pursue additional investment/funding. It really isn't rocket science!

I would. Make no mistake we will go down one day whether we have a new ground or not. The PL isn't the be all and end all but a new ground is.

Well it’s what we were waiting for. It’s a strategy which ensures players and staff continue to get nice fat wage packets but doesn’t do anything for the fans.

A pretty pathetic approach and you wonder what the CEO has been doing all this time. Not much it would seem.

I guess they want to look after themselves which is understandable.

Last edited:

;