The statement we’ve all been waiting for

Well if we can’t get the money together when we are in the prem then I can’t see when we ever will. :-(

That’s a pretty poor statement in how it’s worded, unless they are using it to have a pop at the council about funding, otherwise it sounds like......

‘we will keep paying anyone on the books extortionately large sums of money so that we can ensure we can keep paying them extortionately large sums of money and you shouldn’t be upset that the larger local community don’t get to feel any benefit because you do already’ .

I know this is the way of business, which the premier league is but if no capacity increase (temporary or not) at DC is forthcoming in the wake of this announcement then in my eyes this whole think stinks to high heaven if you are claiming to be a community club.

Fiscally inevitable whilst I can see the emotional side of a new stadium reality has to check in. Would we finance it ourselves is the question?

Swallow their pride do a deal on the present site and increase the capacity albeit marginally but still an increase.

Just pray Eddie H hangs around and that perhaps the training ground project gets off the ground (excuse the pun).

Hope this wont affect the morale of the players ahead of the 'biggy'at Watford! I think Steve Cook for example won't be impressed after his commitment over 5 years. Come to think of it, in that vein it might even 'p##s off' the great Brett Pitman and others.
Agree - first away league game for two years so they’d better not let it affect them !

I assume Eddie will almost certainly be asked about this at his press conference tomorrow so it will be interesting to hear if he has anything else to say about it in public or just toes the line for now.

Really hope that as a minimum the training complex can at least be started on this season. Plans should also be able to put in place to do some expansion for summer 2020 (2019?) with the South Stand (away supporter quota and segregation issues allowing) to allow at least a few of thousand extra supporters in. The cost / benefit analysis of this in monetary terms may not make commercial sense but the pure "goodwill" factor would be huge amongst the supporter base.

A new stadium was always a financial long shot unless Max, or someone else, was willing to throw away a lot of their own money for little or no return. A very unlikely scenario IMO in the current economic climate in the UK and Europe.
If it’s true that Structadene don’t own the Ted Max land then surely we can expand it in the summer ? And a start on the training complex also would placate a possibly disheartened Eddie ?

Happy Thursday everyone! Don't get too down over it..usually some good comes out of bad in the long-term term...we spunked the buckets....and they can't take away that fact!
Those of you at the next home game...can show your emotions in whichever way you see fit...kick up hell...sit in silence....but it must be in total unison!

We didn’t have that statement before Burnley away.

Can’t see it bothering the players, they get their wages, they play their football, it’s their job at the end of the day.

They were saying on Sky and not for the first time this has been said, how having the crowd so close to the pitch probably helps the home side.

If it’s true that Structadene don’t own the Ted Max land then surely we can expand it in the summer ? And a start on the training complex also would placate a possibly disheartened Eddie ?

Isn't the issue with this that expanding the Ted Shed means increasing the number of tickets we have to give to visiting supporters?

The layout in the East Stand means we cannot give them more seats there - which means giving them seats in the Ted Shed.

This means having to partition the Ted Shed, and also having visiting fans at the end - which Eddie isn't in favour of?

Isn't the issue with this that expanding the Ted Shed means increasing the number of tickets we have to give to visiting supporters?

The layout in the East Stand means we cannot give them more seats there - which means giving them seats in the Ted Shed.

This means having to partition the Ted Shed, and also having visiting fans at the end - which Eddie isn't in favour of?

I'm sure the corner section of the previous design would be enough to provide what is needed for away fans.

Away clubs are entitled to 10% of capacity. The East Stand allows them about 1350, so we could expand the Ted Mac stand by a couple of thousand and be within the 10%.

With the away end being 1300-1400 in size, and the rule being 10% of capacity =
We can go up to 13k-14k capacity in size without changing any arrangements for away fans.
Current capacity seems uncertain but something around the 11k number.
So it's certainly possible to add at least a modest extension of that end, at no huge cost in the overall scheme of things. Just slightly easing the problems we face for young and new supporters, exiles, people moved for press journalists and TV cameras - etc.

Is away fans not 1400 meaning we can get another 2500 without going over the 10% rule for away fans . Come cup games swap it around with the ted shed .

;