Thoughts on the match v Peterborough

I thought Blackpool created 3 decent chances in first half and that we were lucky to be 2 up although both their goals came from soft ref decisions.

West Brom decent given squad.

Personally think some patches of decent stuff and some halves of dreadful play but good organisation and fight to ensure we picked up points.

TBH I an not seeing much better than JT in many games over this first phase of the season. For me today was just as bad as Derby away under JT
We lost that!

I meant from an attacking sense.

In any case: Derby much better than posh (got a Rooney lift at this point before wheels came off) … plus we have Cahill in defence.
We had Danjuma in attack who was just MOM v Man U in Champions league.

Had him this year and how many points would we have…. A goal out of nothing in a turgid game was his speciality and we lacked that tonight.

We had Danjuma in attack who was just MOM v Man U in Champions league.

Had him this year and how many points would we have…. A goal out of nothing in a turgid game was his speciality and we lacked that tonight.

danjuma played vs Derby and scored nil. Started well under JT and then injured for a long while

I fell asleep before kickoff and woke up to KT saying it has finished 0-0, doesn't sound like I missed much. I was expecting a few goals both ways.

• away support were fantastic
• Brooks apathetic at best (sold in Jan)
• took us way too long to realise the defence could walk it forward to the half way line before being challenged
• Stacey's overlap looked like our way in, but he had no one in front of him to help
• we miss Lewis Cook as a deep lying midfielder – Jeff too negative for these kinds of opponents.
• second quietest home support (after Birmingham)
• great ground

Last edited by a moderator:
No Plan B sadly. It was well apparent in 2nd half that slow triangles and attempts to get to the by line for the cut back was never going to pay off against a surprisingly well organised defence. A goal never seemed likely. Better to have bitten the bullet, got a bigger body or two into the penalty box ( Mepham, Cahill) and lumped it long ready for the second ball. Not progressive but much more likely to have paid off than the predictable stuff we saw.

Its always hard to play against teams setting up for a 0-0.
Away from home it's an ok result, at home we need to find a way to win.
But I'm very pleased with this season, after losing Danjuma and a few others I was expecting mid table mediocrity

Brooks is now reminding me more and more of Stephen Cooke.

Someone who got the plaudits of coaches and fellow professionals alike for his skills and quality on the ball but who rarely showed it in games.

Jimmy Glass was gushing in his praise for him last night.

I struggle to see who would pay money for a player who is unable to transfer his undoubted quality to a run of solid performances.

Brooks is now reminding me more and more of Stephen Cooke.

Someone who got the plaudits of coaches and fellow professionals alike for his skills and quality on the ball but who rarely showed it in games.

Jimmy Glass was gushing in his praise for him last night.

I struggle to see who would pay money for a player who is unable to transfer his undoubted quality to a run of solid performances.

Thats the issue, its alright saying offload him, but what are we likely to get and are they likely to pay him at least what hes currently 'earning' at us?

Maybe scouts/managers will decide potential could be there to reach levels he did years ago, but it would be a gamble.

Perhaps thats why we're still playing him, hoping he comes back into form. Otherwise we're stuck with him or looking at taking big loss.

On his current trajectory, he looks like seeing out his contract and signing for someone like Millwall or Nottingham Forest.

The thing that annoys me about Brooks, every game without fail, he gets tackled, rolls around banging the turf as if his leg has snapped in two. He did it again last night.
Just get up and get on with it and become a team player again.

I don't think Brooks has ever recovered from his ankle injury.
He just doesn't seem to have that bodyswerve/ change direction he did before

Brooks is very frustrating I have to say. I always watch in hope that we might see some of the spark from years past but it's been a long time now. Last night was a low point in his AFCB time.

I would consider moving Christie back out there and using Brooks only when we have a lead and the opposition are leaving a bit of space. Christie at this moment in time is the more effective wide man.

;