Thoughts on the match v Peterborough

This kind of response frustrates me tbh, probably just as much as the negativity frustrates you. How many points we have now is not as important as us developing a clear and defined pattern of play which will allow us to pick up points consistently over the entire season. The lack of creativity is a worrying trend which will catch up with us.

Waz, 10 games unbeaten at the start of a season for only the second time in our history, 13 points from 15 in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. Joint top. Clean sheet. We cannot walk the league and win every game. I’d say we’ve had a pretty consistent and impressive start to the season.

Waz, 10 games unbeaten at the start of a season for only the second time in our history, 13 points from 15 in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. Joint top. Clean sheet. We cannot walk the league and win every game. I’d say we’ve had a pretty consistent and impressive start to the season.
How many of those 10 games have made you think wow we look like a fantastic team?

How many of those 10 games have made you think wow we look like a fantastic team?

Blackpool we shouldn’t have thrown away. The draw against West Brom with our threadbare squad was impressive in the circumstances, on the whole I have no concerns, defensively we look solid. Also It’s only the last 5 games we’ve had some consistency with team selection so taking the first 3 or 4 games into consideration where we played youth there’s not a lot to worry about is there.

Blackpool we shouldn’t have thrown away. The draw against West Brom with our threadbare squad was impressive in the circumstances, on the whole I have no concerns, defensively we look solid. Also It’s only the last 5 games we’ve had some consistency with team selection so taking the first 3 or 4 games into consideration where we played youth there’s not a lot to worry about is there.
That wasn't really the question though was it?

I completely agree with you but I beg you stop saying joint top - we are second!

Very poor, disjointed and didn’t look like creating anything. One thing is abundantly clear, Anthony is our best winger and has to play. Rogers is so raw I don’t think he’s even reached the slaughter house yet, first start in fairness but he just spent the entire game running into their full back. Don’t know what to do with Brooks, honestly think it’s about time to cut our losses and look to move him on. Been stealing a living for a while now.
Not often me and you agree,but I would also move Brooks on and try and strengthen in January with the money we would get .

I thought Blackpool created 3 decent chances in first half and that we were lucky to be 2 up although both their goals came from soft ref decisions.

West Brom decent given squad.

Personally think some patches of decent stuff and some halves of dreadful play but good organisation and fight to ensure we picked up points.

TBH I an not seeing much better than JT in many games over this first phase of the season. For me today was just as bad as Derby away under JT

Another visit to Peterborough where I wished I’d not gone. I missed the epic wins there. Still it wasn’t the 0-6….

Very turgid. Similar observations to others Brooks is just not worth playing sadly at the moment, so slow and only looks to come in. Peterbrough gave up every chance of winning by opting to sit so deep and stop the passes in behind we love. Couple this with Rogers dropping to collect, Brooks coming back and Solanke dropping into midfield and not one of the forwards was looking for the ball in behind on the shoulder… that condensed the play. I was reflecting we don’t actually have a striker like that at the club and it could be a miss…

Ultimately our success has come down the flanks this year and to disrupt both flanks with three chances took all the ryhthm away. Then Billing had his 1 in 3 game and everyone else’s passing was a bit off.

Piece all that together with their deep lying defence and two central midfielders and you have your problem.

Finally as they tired we created two good chances and Solanke missed them both. Not having that Wilson or Pitman style lethal predator will hold us back a little I fear.

;