Thoughts v Fulham

I don't think I've ever seen anyone rate a side as highly as Waz rates Fulham. You'd think that they were 1970s Brazil the way he bangs on about them then you watch them and they are just ok. They might win the league but even if they do they are bang average in terms of the sides that have won it in the last decade including our 2015 side, who were comfortably better.

I think he got lost in his own argument and has allowed the grief he's got for being too negative about AFCB to colour his judgement on Fulham. They really aren't anything special and I suspect even Waz secretly knows this.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone rate a side as highly as Waz rates Fulham. You'd think that they were 1970s Brazil the way he bangs on about them then you watch them and they are just ok. They might win the league but even if they do they are bang average in terms of the sides that have won it in the last decade including our 2015 side, who were comfortably better.

I think he got lost in his own argument and has allowed the grief he's got for being too negative about AFCB to colour his judgement on Fulham. They really aren't anything special and I suspect even Waz secretly knows this.

just imagine if we had a £100k a week striker who'd failed to score at home against a side as crap as us......
he'd be doing his little swede with rage....

They are averaging a shade over 2 points per game (as are we) which of course should mean promotion but nowhere near setting any records. Drawn their last 3, 2 of which were at home. I didn't see anything about them on Friday night that made me think we couldn't finish above them.

They are averaging a shade over 2 points per game (as are we) which of course should mean promotion but nowhere near setting any records. Drawn their last 3, 2 of which were at home. I didn't see anything about them on Friday night that made me think we couldn't finish above them.
I did think on the night they were the better side. But nothing to suggest they'll coast this League.

I did think on the night they were the better side. But nothing to suggest they'll coast this League.
Absolutely. They were full strength. Our side with Lerma, Kelly, Zemura in there (and Kilkenny IMO) would have given them a much more even game and we still got a point.

Their back line didn't look particularly great and it was really only Kebano who looked a step above. Wouldn't say any of our front 5 except Solanke were particularly on it on Friday but they all still put a real shift in.

Like most teams in the Championship, a couple of injuries to key players and they'll be a different prospect.

Absolutely. They were full strength. Our side with Lerma, Kelly, Zemura in there (and Kilkenny IMO) would have given them a much more even game and we still got a point.

Their back line didn't look particularly great and it was really only Kebano who looked a step above. Wouldn't say any of our front 5 except Solanke were particularly on it on Friday but they all still put a real shift in.

Like most teams in the Championship, a couple of injuries to key players and they'll be a different prospect.
I also felt, having watched it back, that Mitrovic spent more time moaning at the ref than trying to score.

Thats one concern if we go up, from May it’ll be the constant relegation posts from Waz and how the likes of Burnley, Southampton and the usual suspects are ‘far stronger and we don’t stand a chance in staying up’

"Pretty much sums it up. We got outplayed by a better side and were lucky to hang on for a point. If Real Madrid don't win the Champions League by a comfortable margin I'll be very shocked"

After watching the BOTN podcast from this match,it's unbelievable how many fans were still on the concourse when Dom scored.
Ok ,most didn't miss the goal ,as the game was live on TV and shown on screens in the concourse, but there must have been literally 100's of fans still consuming their HT refreshments.Slightly reminiscent of fan zones during Euros this year,with beer flying everywhere.

After watching the BOTN podcast from this match,it's unbelievable how many fans were still on the concourse when Dom scored.
Ok ,most didn't miss the goal ,as the game was live on TV and shown on screens in the concourse, but there must have been literally 100's of fans still consuming their HT refreshments.Slightly reminiscent of fan zones during Euros this year,with beer flying everywhere.
We were back at our seats in time to see the goal but got hit by a wave of fans trying to get back from the concourse to celebrate. Sent Winsor Cherry flying over the bucket seats in front. Pretty dangerous really but fortunately he was ok.

We were back at our seats in time to see the goal but got hit by a wave of fans trying to get back from the concourse to celebrate. Sent Winsor Cherry flying over the bucket seats in front. Pretty dangerous really but fortunately he was ok.

I was back in my seat but distracted by someone trying to get past so missed kick off and the goal until all hell broke loose. Got injured.

;