Thoughts v Fulham

In terms of missing players Kelly wouldn’t have added anything tonight that Cook didn’t and arguably wouldn’t have made those two blocks. Zemura and Lerma would have been very handy although the latter may not have lasted 90mins.

Agree with what others have said. PhilBill back drifting and Stacey still struggling. Everyone else put a shift in and Cook MoTM by a country mile.

In terms of missing players Kelly wouldn’t have added anything tonight that Cook didn’t and arguably wouldn’t have made those two blocks. Zemura and Lerma would have been very handy although the latter may not have lasted 90mins.

Agree with what others have said. PhilBill back drifting and Stacey still struggling. Everyone else put a shift in and Cook MoTM by a country mile.
Steve Cook, unbelievable!! We need Zemura back.. SMITH deserves credit too. Utciad.

Kelly would have added pace and some great cross field passing.
Cook was immense, but Kelly is the future.

I would imagine he was expecting a fairly comfortable three points at home against a stumbling Bournemouth side and is clutching at straws to explain why that didn’t happen ?
Or, as I said on the game thread, Silva is a weasel (with apologies to the actual animal). He must think he is Tuchel or Frank, running around the technical area like a crazy man. Really don't like the guy, and hope he enjoyed getting kicked in the nuts today.

I not disputing that final sentence. I’m just saying in the pantheon of missing players no point in saying we missed Kelly tonight. He wouldn’t have played better. Will he be better in years to come… yes. Will he be better in his prime than Cook was in his? Jury out.

My thoughts:
-will take a point all day long under the circumstances, really can’t argue with that. We did not deserve to win that game so we can’t really grumble.
-I’ve seen a few comments re Parker’s poor game management and I agree there have been times this season in which we have sat too deep on a lead, but today I’m not sure what people honestly expect. We were playing the best team in the league and we are very depleted right now, some of our players were clearly visibly struggling physically at the end. There is no way in which any team in our situation does not sit deep in these circumstances, so any game management criticism in this instance is unfair imo.
-re the players. Steve Cook clearly our MOTM by a country mile, I’m not really sure how you cannot play him after that but I guess when Kelly is back his pace will be vital for that high line. It’s a shame, because despite the fact he has an error in him, I believe him to be our best defender aside from Cahill. The fact that Mepham has been starting ahead of him is frankly laughable, it’s not even close in terms of who is the better defender.
-Billing was terrible yet again, he really is such an enigma. I’ve noticed that around about one in three games he tends to be very very good and look a class above this level, for the other two he looks like one of the worst players on the pitch, getting knocked off the ball at every opportunity, misplacing virtually every pass, and ambling around looking generally disinterested. He gives us a goal threat for sure, but what I’m not so sure about is whether his consistency levels are where we need them to be if we want to achieve promotion?
-Stacy had a very tough night, he was simply outclassed by his direct opponent today. Probably won’t face a tougher test though. Smith did okay at full back.
-seen a couple of comments that Marcondes was poor and this baffles me a bit. He was always looking to get on the ball and he created our best two scoring opportunities in the first half. I quite like him as a player. He certainly offered more than Billing and I can’t really understand how Billing stayed on the pitch and he did not.

He got the assist, he won 4 headers, made 5 interceptions. His passing was way off, but previous appears to have scored heavily for him.
He also very nearly got another assist, for Mitrovic. Fair enough for the interceptions, but he was very poor tonight imo. Do the stats show how many times he lost possession?

Lots of comments on Billings poor passing, I feel for balance we should mention the assist to Solanke. It was a great ball. Also I thought he was closing down passing areas for the centre halfs slowing up Fulham. I didn’t think he stood out as playing badly

I find it oncredibly harsh to be having a go at individuals so soon after a fantastic team performance, where everyone contributed
A game of opinions. Great result and most played well as many have highlighted, it’s okay to think that not everybody played great though. It’s what makes it interesting

I would imagine he was expecting a fairly comfortable three points at home against a stumbling Bournemouth side and is clutching at straws to explain why that didn’t happen ?

totally incomprehensible, didn't understand a word he said
very twitchy, as though he had the meat-sweats, or worse.....
made parker look and sound like bill nighy

I not disputing that final sentence. I’m just saying in the pantheon of missing players no point in saying we missed Kelly tonight. He wouldn’t have played better. Will he be better in years to come… yes. Will he be better in his prime than Cook was in his? Jury out.

Agree Neil. I posted before that vs Fulham Steve cook would be my first pick of central defenders to deal with mitirovic.

Less so in other games. Kelly and JZ down the left are key for us to start attacks too

Can't fault the work rate tonight at all. I would like to see their goal again but did zonal marking create the space for their centre half? Despite their pressure we struggled again to manage the last 20 minutes but any away point is good and we are still second.

He also very nearly got another assist, for Mitrovic. Fair enough for the interceptions, but he was very poor tonight imo. Do the stats show how many times he lost possession?

Yes Waz it’s call passing accuracy.

Yes Waz it’s call passing accuracy.
Nice attempt to be clever and patronising. Made yourself look a bit silly though as surely it’s also possible to lose possession when not attempting a pass… ie he gets tackled.

;