Thoughts v West Brom

he refused to do so for weeks so why the apparent u turn?
Why keep asking me to provide evidence if you’re going to just dismiss it if I do? Genuine question. You were trying to act all Billy big ******************************** and now that you’ve been made to look a bit silly you can’t handle it.

To give you what you asked for?
Yes, why keep asking if he’s just going to dismiss it anyway? This is what I don’t understand about this forum. I understand why I get piled on due to my extreme opinions but other posters seem to act in a not dissimilar way yet seem to get off Scott free.

It looks a genuine bet and as I said fair play to him. There’s a reason the odds are or were 18/1.
They’re 8/1 now. That’s just a week after I placed the bet. Which goes to show it perhaps wasn’t quite such a silly decision. Anyway, hopefully we turn over Sheff U and Boro and I look like a right mug.

Someone doesn't appear to know the difference between 18(or even 8)/1 to 1/18( or1/8).
Massive difference.:ooops: :whist:

Someone doesn't appear to know the difference between 18(or even 8)/1 to 1/18( or1/8).
Massive difference.:ooops: :whist:
Are you referring to me? Of course I know the difference. At 1/18 you’d be an absolute madman to make the bet that I have. The fact is that the odds have been cut by over half in just a week, very soon I predict that they will be as low as 3/1 or 2/1. There seems to be a belief on here that the bookies are always right and can’t be outsmarted. I truly believe I will be proving this myth wrong.

We were always going to lose the WBA game, and tomorrow the table will probably look even worse, nervy and closer between us and Forest at 5 points as they will win and we could lose at Sheff Utd, I can't remember us ever beating them and we've lost every early kick off this season.

That said looking at the end game I don't think Forest will win all 8, they've been on mad great form and haven't lost since January but I think they have 2 draws left in them at least and that's being conservative with them winning other 6 and if one of those draws is against us then 3 wins and a draw will be enough but hopefully it won't come to that but knowing this team it probably will be the decider. But right now as it stands we need 5 wins.

I'm new to this v interesting thread, but I have to say that does look fake
I’m intrigued as to why you think that because it’s genuinely not! I’m not sure what more I could do to prove it tbh so it seems like I can’t win either way here.

Cash out Waz.
That would be an incredibly silly thing to do right now given that our next game is Sheff U away, and there’s is Birmingham at home. The chances are pretty good that my cash out option will be healthier by this time tomorrow.

Jesus wept what more do you people want haha shall I send you and NewForest my account details so you can log on and see for yourself LOL
View attachment 7543

To be honest if I could afford to do it I would, not in this league because it's very unpredictable but as an insurance policy to soften the blow.
I used to bet against us alot in the PL, especially away games against the big teams, it's filthy obviously but betting on your own team is the smartest move because you know them best. So when we lost 5-0 at Spurs in PL or when I put few quid on us to go down it softened the blow a bit but I'd still sacrifice any profit for us to win, and on the occasion I did lose alot, I bet 120 on us to lose at Man Utd once and we drew 1-1 lol, I deserved that it's the risk you take. But most times I did bet big at the big teams and get a safe return, filthy as it is, I will probably do it alot next season if we go up and I'd be happy to lose hundreds if it's to my teams benefit, there's no other situation in the world where I'd happily accept losing fair amount of money.

That would be an incredibly silly thing to do right now given that our next game is Sheff U away, and there’s is Birmingham at home. The chances are pretty good that my cash out option will be healthier by this time tomorrow.

Yeah cash out tmoz 5pm, you're thinking the worst scenario because its your team and we may only be 5 ahead but if Forest win all 8 it would be a one in a billion miracle considering they havent lost since Jan, the rule of arithmetic suggest they are due at least 1 loss before the end, they have few tough ones left Luton, us, Fulham WBA and Peterboro away might not be easy if they're still not relegated by them, it could be that they beat Birmingham and luton look like they're about to close in and then end up losing or drawing at Peterboro like we did.

To be honest if I could afford to do it I would, not in this league because it's very unpredictable but as an insurance policy to soften the blow.
I used to bet against us alot in the PL, especially away games against the big teams, it's filthy obviously but betting on your own team is the smartest move because you know them best. So when we lost 5-0 at Spurs in PL or when I put few quid on us to go down it softened the blow a bit but I'd still sacrifice any profit for us to win, and on the occasion I did lose alot, I bet 120 on us to lose at Man Utd once and we drew 1-1 lol, I deserved that it's the risk you take. But most times I did bet big at the big teams and get a safe return, filthy as it is, I will probably do it alot next season if we go up and I'd be happy to lose hundreds if it's to my teams benefit, there's no other situation in the world where I'd happily accept losing fair amount of money.
A lot of what you say is very true. I have a lot of knowledge re our team and the championship so why would I not use that to my advantage and make some money? This whole ‘never bet against your own team’ thing makes very little sense to me. Logically this doesn’t hold up. It makes me laugh that some posters seem to see it as some kind of betrayal lol it’s an opportunity to make money, why wouldn’t I? It’s not like it will effect the outcome anyway. If I turn out to be right then the fact I bet on it won’t have impacted the outcome.

The only thing I disagree with is the bit where you say it isn’t predictable. Surely the fact that Forest haven’t lost since jan in itself proves the point that them picking up a positive result every week is very predictable. They have just hit upon a formula and set of players under a very good manager that is going to make them very very difficult to stop at this point. Not only is their league form insane, they also beat Arsenal and Leicester and were very unlucky to narrowly lose to Liverpool. I honestly think that they are so good now that (barring injuries) I can envisage a situation in which they may not even drop any more points during the run in. Im interested to know whether those who are telling me I’m throwing my money away have actually seen them play recently. I believe that they are better than Fulham as they currently are under Cooper.

A lot of what you say is very true. I have a lot of knowledge re our team and the championship so why would I not use that to my advantage and make some money? This whole ‘never bet against your own team’ thing makes very little sense to me. Logically this doesn’t hold up. It makes me laugh that some posters seem to see it as some kind of betrayal lol it’s an opportunity to make money, why wouldn’t I? It’s not like it will effect the outcome anyway. If I turn out to be right then the fact I bet on it won’t have impacted the outcome.

The only thing I disagree with is the bit where you say it isn’t predictable. Surely the fact that Forest haven’t lost since jan in itself proves the point that them picking up a positive result every week is very predictable. They have just hit upon a formula and set of players under a very good manager that is going to make them very very difficult to stop at this point. Not only is their league form insane, they also beat Arsenal and Leicester and were very unlucky to narrowly lose to Liverpool. I honestly think that they are so good now that (barring injuries) I can envisage a situation in which they may not even drop any more points during the run in. Im interested to know whether those who are telling me I’m throwing my money away have actually seen them play recently. I believe that they are better than Fulham as they currently are under Cooper.
You really do think you know the championship inside out.
At the start of the season, you claimed WBA squad was far superior to ours.
You then claim WBA made bad managerial appointments, whilst still claiming a far superior squad.
When WBA beat us midweek, you say we lost to a poor team.
How does this work exactly?

;