Thoughts vs Forest

Fair play to you, you did a job on us and deserved to win. We were poor, probably the worst performance under Cooper. Not sure why the game plan seemed to be to launch the ball constantly because we can't play that way, as anyone could see. So hopefully see you upstairs via the poxy PO's .

Commiserations, Dirk. They do say the best way to get promotion is to do it at Wembley!

We may have come second, but I think our celebrations came top. Hope those who haven't had much chance to play this season get a chance on Saturday now. Woodman, Stacey/Laird, Meps, Cahill/Hill, Kilkenny, Pearlo, Cantwell, Dembele, Brady with Moore and Lowe and Dom coming on for a 85 min pen and scoring his 30th.

Thought we need a post match thread and there aren't any moaning /ranty Waz ones soooo

- First half was ok but unspectacular from us and we gave a couple of big chances away. Surridge should have scored and should have had a pen. As Parker said, we were too open. For all the criticism of Parkerball, against teams like Forest, in it's truest sense (control of possession with pressing from the front) it absolutely works.
- 2nd half we controlled it start to finish. Absolutely superb. Parker clearly had a word and set things right. Our passing was more crisp, more pressure from the front and never gave them a second on the ball. Forest couldn't handle us, they looked completely rattled and started to lose their heads a bit.
- Substitution of Moore for Lerma an absolute sliding doors moment. Easy option was Pearson. Fair play to Parker, he saw we were in the ascendancy and doubled down. Fortune favours the brave and that made all the difference.
- Lewis Cook MoM for me - immense from start to finish.
- Kelly not far behind - both him and Nat Phillips were excellent throughout and didn't give them a sniff 2nd half.
- This team has its flaws, especially breaking down teams we should do and getting complacent. Turning it on when the pressure is on isn't one of them, against Hudders, Coventry, Fulham and today we put in some of our best performances of the season.
- Apparently the goal was not a training ground routine, in which case SO much respect to Billing for that. Under pressure would have been easy to play the percentages. He has his critics but I thought Billing was excellent tonight, especially in the 2nd half.
- Crowd were immense from the start. Couldn't really hear much from the Forest fans on sky. Red Army, Red Flag, Super Scotty, Song for Nonny all heard loud and proud.
- Parker interview shows how much it means to him and how hard he works. The guy needs to enjoy it a little more! He might not be the most media-trained, but he is clearly dedicated to his job and he deserves another crack at the PL. No doubt there's a massive job to prepare us for the top flight though.
- That said, we have the spine of a very good side here.
- David Brooks interview on Sky was the highlight of the evening. He will be a big part of our next PL adventure.
- We are back in the big time! Debates on how to spend it are for the summer. Forest have been trying to get there for 23 years. We should never take for granted just how lucky we are to be where we are (again!).
- That was for Nonny.
Top post Liam

Mention for the back four - Kelly and Phillips excellent. And surely we should now try to bring the latter permanently to DC. He’s grown into the team and looks solid, with a bit of extra creativity for a CB. Agree Cook L MoM - now he’s back in form and should hold his own in the PL.

Too early to start thinking about recruitment? I don’t think so …. Phillips in, plus another midfielder, cos Cantwell can’t hack it. Buy early to get the pick of the crop … Tom Lawrence??

Might need another left-footed right winger as competition for Christie if Brooksy takes while to regain full fitness. I think we might lose Kelly anyway, maybe even Cook. I also think we'll play with three at the back lots in the PL.

Was confident that we would beat Forest so enjoyed the game waiting for us to score and what a goal at the perfect time…we diced a little with the time wasting but when you consider what was at stake it was only natural…they would have done the same…think this promotion will be all the better if Leeds get relegated

Forest fan says
Too many players have had off nights tonight, playing a parachute payment team with the ref on the pay roll didn’t help either.

It’s no wonder it is disheartening when you get nothing from the officials and the opposition can kick and foul you with impunity.

Bournemouth do not deserve the win. We didn't get the penalty and they have been allowed to foul our players at will which surprise surprise means we can't get into our stride so this result shouldn't really be a surprise. It's a shame that the ref has ruined it again with help from the lino

It’s not “plain and simple”. The officiating has been nothing short of scandalous. We would have had a better chance had actual professional officials been running the game.

Sour grapes from the trees in the forest.

Was confident that we would beat Forest so enjoyed the game waiting for us to score and what a goal at the perfect time…we diced a little with the time wasting but when you consider what was at stake it was only natural…they would have done the same…think this promotion will be all the better if Leeds get relegated

The goal was a thing of beauty.

Kieffer Moore....... what a 3 game season.

the notts forest were poor, one dimensional hoof-ball
reminiscent of barnsley 2020/11
the right back wazzock has been banging on about ad nauseam largely anonymous
really dont know what all the fuss was about tbf
Agree.NF were nowhere near the hype surrounding them .

Thought they played by holding and fouling our players.Ref didn't help by allowing this.
Their attack consisted of hitting long balls up front.
I think I can remember only a couple of times they actually played football on the ground.
Reminds of when we used to play teams like Burnley.

Absolutely stoked by the result here in Melbourne. I kept waking throughout the night and at one point in my dream we were two nil up with big Stevie Fletcher bagging the second, don't ask me.
Anyway does the runner up get a trophy as the champions do, as do the third place promoted via the final?
If not think teams should.

Absolutely stoked by the result here in Melbourne. I kept waking throughout the night and at one point in my dream we were two nil up with big Stevie Fletcher bagging the second, don't ask me.
Anyway does the runner up get a trophy as the champions do, as do the third place promoted via the final?
If not think teams should.

Probay no trophy, but pay rises all around.

Mostyn looked exceedingly happy.

First half we were fortunate to still be level if we’re being honest. Surridge should finish that chance and the referee has pretty much said it would have been a penalty if it wasn’t incorrectly given offside.

Second half however we were easily the better team and thoroughly deserved the win, I’d go as far to say that given the quality of opposition that the second half was our best half of the season.

MOTM for me was an easy one. Lloyd Kelly all day long. His distribution has been very erratic this season but tonight he was defensively almost impeccable.

Travers- 7 did what he had to do and wasn’t tested all that much. Kicking was safe and solid.

Smith- 7 poor first half and caught out of position a couple of times. Second half was much better, defensively solid and a bright spark while attacking.

Kelly- 9 best game of the season. Had Johnson in his back pocket. Strength and pace absolutely dominated him.

Phillips- 8 didn’t really put a foot wrong today, very solid. Put his head where it hurts. First few games were shaky but has improved a lot in recent weeks. Still not sure I would sign him for the price Lpool will want.

Zemura- 8 best game in a while and against the best RWB in the league. Great energy and marauding runs, one which led to the free kick. Passing in first half was a bit erratic though.

Cook- 8 ran the show in the second half against two comparative opponents. He really is a joy to watch when he carries the ball in full flight. Also showed great maturity in the defensive side of his game.

Lerma- 7.5 classic Jeff performance. Phenomenal work rate as always. Some good stuff as always, and some sloppy passing too.

Billing- 8 Forest struggled to live with his physicality when he drove at them, both with and without the ball. When he is on it he can really be very good, I just wish he would use this physicality more often and really drive at teams consistently. Tonight we saw the good side of Billing.

Christie- 6 worked hard as always but end product was again lacking. I worry a bit how he will fit into a PL side tbh, maybe as a squad player? Doesn’t really produce enough quality in vital areas even at this level, can’t knock his work rate though.

Anthony- 8 worked hard and linked well with Zemura. Switched sides in the second half and looked a threat on the opposite flank too. Some classy touches and looked very at home in a top end Championship team.

Solanke- 7.5 worked very hard, dropping deep to pick up the ball and also trying to stretch the Forest back line. Only had one decentish chance but certainly played his part.

Moore- 8.5 brilliant again when he game on. What struck me was not his physicality but how mobile he looks and how clever his movement is. They really struggled to live with him. For this level he looks like the complete forward, astonished he’s never played in the PL up to this point.

Fair play to you, you did a job on us and deserved to win. We were poor, probably the worst performance under Cooper. Not sure why the game plan seemed to be to launch the ball constantly because we can't play that way, as anyone could see. So hopefully see you upstairs via the poxy PO's .
You look a proper berk now, but all the best. Cooper needs to up his playoff record.

First half we were fortunate to still be level if we’re being honest. Surridge should finish that chance and the referee has pretty much said it would have been a penalty if it wasn’t incorrectly given offside.
Surridge is a 3-4 chance goal scorer. That is evident because he missed a good chance that in the PL he is likely to only get 1 of. Moore gave him a lesson in 1 chance, 1 goal makes the difference.

Also you are a dick and I could care less for your post. I hope you took a long time to construct it as I could care less past the first paragraph.

Also when you say “we” who are you talking about dickhead?

All that Forest bravado in recent weeks. Turns out, they work awful hard but they still have Sam Surridge up front and are slow at the back.

A better centre forward and defender or two and they probably get something. You could feel Forest dying away the longer the game went on though.

They had to score first half and didn't. Good luck to em in the playoffs, try being a tad more humble though.

Night.

Every single player wanted it and was up for it. All the guff about style of play and stuff…I get it, but this lot are United and they fought for each other, for their manager and for the club. They deserved it. Couldn’t be prouder of every single one of them.

A special mention to all our players, but specifically; Kelly was absolutely fucking colossal tonight. They didn’t get a sniff. True, true captains performance. Lewis Cook. The heartbeat of this team like he always should have been. Always brave on the ball, always positive, a fighter. PL class and date I say might be destined for the very top once more. Billing. Always unfairly treated, did he lose a header tonight? How many miles did he cover? How many second balls did he pick up? Who else would’ve thought on their feet to pick out Moore like that? A class act tonight. Anthony, Zemura, and Travers. Winning tonight with these three starting, the word again is pride. Academy players like it should be, a credit to the club and to themselves. Absolutely phenomenal “debut” seasons from them all.

And of course Brooksy watching on from the stands. All this pales in comparison. He’s healthy and happy and I can’t wait to see him in red and black once more.

UP THE B*stard CHERRIES :utc:

;