Tyrone Mings

If he carries in like this someone in the Championship will stump up a large amount for him in the summer which was at least one objective.

Meanwhile we have Ake playing where Mings would, S Cook also able to play there ahead of him and now we have Mepham which would free up SC to play there.

We simply don't have a realistic spot for him at the moment. A lot of us rate him but I think his race here is run. The only way I see him coming back is if Ake is sold and I don't think that will happen this summer now.
Watched the first half and I understand it was a derby game and a bit frenetic but I didn't think it was a great standard. Seems a long way from premier league levels.

The fact that he was signed as a LB, made his brief appearance on the left, albeit further forward, before getting injured but then hasn't played a single minute out wide since his injury indicates the club don't think he can do it anyone. Without knowing the details of his medical issues it's hard to prove but sometimes actions speak louder than words.

If he was still considered an option to play there, we have definitely had games when he would have been picked.
I'm sure you're correct, and that in the past, the club has confirmed that his injuries prevent him from playing at LB.

Hopefully, for TM, the Villa fans will still be singing his praises come the end of the season.

I wonder how much difference it has made to Mings' game being trained by John Terry (******************************** of a man but an excellent CB).

The fact that he was signed as a LB, made his brief appearance on the left, albeit further forward, before getting injured but then hasn't played a single minute out wide since his injury indicates the club don't think he can do it anyone. Without knowing the details of his medical issues it's hard to prove but sometimes actions speak louder than words.

If he was still considered an option to play there, we have definitely had games when he would have been picked.
Yes, agree, but maybe something else we don't know about is going on?

Something else going on.....almost certainly.
The connection with the Millfield School thing could be a clue...... too much out of club / off field activities ? Ive got my doubts too with Ibe and Clyne.
If Eddie hasnt got them fully in his control .....fully on the football; and 'club orientated.'....then there will be problems!
When I read of Fraser being 'teachers pet' ...that further enhances my thoughts!
I could be 100% off the mark with this but knowing that todays players have so much media stuff to distract them....
If Tyrone felt his personality being restrained in any way.....that might be the problem.....the Millfield scholarship ethics promote the opposite!
Just watch him now in the Villa clips!

If Ake goes,and he will at some point,a fit Mings,firing ,may get to be first choice
We haven't seen that much of him to really judge, eddie has however. Maybe if he gets a good run of games in the championship, he will be back and given a chance to prove he can be a regular for us, you can’t just change your centre halfs every couple of games, they build up an understanding. Eddie hasn’t given players another chance in the past though.

We haven't seen that much of him to really judge, eddie has however. Maybe if he gets a good run of games in the championship, he will be back and given a chance to prove he can be a regular for us, you can’t just change your centre halfs every couple of games, they build up an understanding. Eddie hasn’t given players another chance in the past though.
Hence why I said if Ake goes and Mings is fit and firing

It’s quite unusual for a player aged 26 to be loaned to a lower league club for experience and then reclaim their place in a PL squad.

The forwards in the Championship are fast and strong - qualities we know Mings can cope with. What he won’t be facing much of is creative players capable of through the eye of the needle passes, forwards who can dribble past you for fun or in a split second drill the ball into the top corner.

The gap between Champ and PL can’t be underestimated. I think that’s his level and if we can get a decent fee then everyone is happy.

Last edited:
It’s quite unusual for a player aged 26 to be loaned to a lower league club for experience and then reclaim their place in a PL squad.

The forwards in the PL are fast and strong - qualities we know Mings can cope with. What he won’t be facing much of is creative players capable of through the eye of the needle passes, forwards who can dribble past you for fun or in a split second drill the ball into the top corner.

The gap between Champ and PL can’t be underestimated. I think that’s his level and if we can get a decent fee then everyone is happy.
I am not at all sure we know that Mings can cope with PL fast and strong forwards. He has hardly played in the PL.
At the moment he is in the best place, playing games in a lower league to build his experience and strength. If he plays well his value goes up, if he plays really well EH may bring him back. Personally I think he will be in the Championship next season on a permanent basis.

I am not at all sure we know that Mings can cope with PL fast and strong forwards. He has hardly played in the PL.
At the moment he is in the best place, playing games in a lower league to build his experience and strength. If he plays well his value goes up, if he plays really well EH may bring him back. Personally I think he will be in the Championship next season on a permanent basis.
Sorry I meant Championship forwards. I’ll edit my post above

Think it was very clear when he didn't make the bench for the Brighton cup game that he has no future with us.

His time with us is definitely done. Not sure Villa will be able to afford him though so will be interesting to see what Championship club stump up the cash

There is no f'king about at Eddies Bournemouth....everything is about Afcb and the next game...anything else is pushed aside...thats why we are where we are ! Very , very Clough/ Robson- like !
This dangerous ' Legend ' thing can only, surely be applied to players li ke Pugh, Pitman or Ronnies' Eyre and Bolton who have put in 'Shifts'for the Cherries...not courted or flirted with publicity !

I can see a scenario of Villa claiming the last play off place and then anything can happen. We could yet see Tyrone starring in the P/ship.

Think it was very clear when he didn't make the bench for the Brighton cup game that he has no future with us.

His time with us is definitely done. Not sure Villa will be able to afford him though so will be interesting to see what Championship club stump up the cash

Passing a fitness examination may be something of an issue if we are thinking of a big fee. In an interview with the Football League Paper yesterday:
"As he talks, Mings is caressing his left knee and showing the scars of operations. He still has to do regular work on his knee and back to keep the recovery strong.
'This area here,' says Mings, rubbing his knee, ' is just numb. Can't feel anything, there has been so much work done.'"

This may just be part and parcel of the stress that the bodies of all professional footballers suffer but it may frighten off some suitors, although maybe not if he continues to excel for Villa for the rest of the season.

If he keeps playing as he has been for Villa it looks like he will end up in the PL next season either way (either with us, a promoted Villa, or the highest bidder). Their fans are saying he's the best defender in the Championship.

;