VAR

I guess it could improve with maturity, a few tweaks, and letting the dust settle. Or... get rid of the offside rule and allow tackles from behind.
Yeah, I agree, get rid of the offside rule.
I played field hockey throughout the 90s and they dropped the offside around 94/95, I think. It opened up the game and made it quicker. Much improved.

It will filter down over the next few years to the Championship, relegated sides keep it and at some point they'll vote on it and it will pass as owners will want the best chance possible of getting to the PL.

That’s goal line technology. Not VAR.

That’s goal line technology. Not VAR.

True, dur - but ultimately it will enter the football league in time. Certainly the Championship, could be a while before League 1 and 2 have it though as I'm not sure who would pay for all the extra tech and officials.

Ha ha what a tit (not you Rob)

"The International Football Association Board (IFAB) is the body that determines the Laws of the Game of association football.

"...IFAB is made up of representatives from each of the United Kingdom's pioneering football associations—England's Football Association (The FA), the Scottish Football Association (SFA), the Football Association of Wales (FAW) and Northern Ireland's Irish Football Association (IFA)—and the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the international governing body for football. Each British association has one vote and FIFA has four."

Football is about pacy action ...thrills crammed into 90 minutes...it cannot work for the spectator...you want the uninterrupted spectacle you paid good money for....not waiting around for your excitement to be reversed...drained away!

MOTD highlights reels and even watching live on TV do a very good job of disguising just how slow the average game is.

In the average football match the ball is dead for a third of the time and some games in recent seasons (before VAR) were hitting near 50%.

I'm not sure how you're getting your thrills while Nick Pope takes 2 minutes to take a goal kick!

VAR has been an utter shambles in the Norwich v Chelsea game.

BT sport commentators don’t appear to have a clue what’s going on.

VAR has been an utter shambles in the Norwich v Chelsea game.

BT sport commentators don’t appear to have a clue what’s going on.
The co commentator argued about every VAR decision that went against Chelsea. Never heard such bias commentary

It’s ruined the game - time for the PL to say fcuk you UEFA, fcuk you FIFA and fcuk you bunch of inadequate back-room referee w@nkers and pull the plug literally - before the end of August.

Didn’t you get the memo. Responding to criticism about it the head of the VAR training told us mere fans to “live with it”.

It’s ruined the game - time for the PL to say fcuk you UEFA, fcuk you FIFA and fcuk you bunch of inadequate back-room referee w@nkers and pull the plug literally - before the end of August.

I think we already are making up our own rules on it...

No pitch side screen for example.

We had an Aussie running the VAR today - not sure it was used much but we wouldn't know.

;